Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment Stage 4 (2019 Campaign)

Options

Comments

Rebeccab99 wrote: »
    Hi, I had my fitness test just today and I was surprised with the beep test, it wasn’t as bad as I expected but I had been practicing it for the past two weeks or so! Saying that three of four failed the beep test from my group

Congrats, I remember you saying you were worried, glad you practiced I bet !

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Rebeccab99

Zux wrote: »
    Congrats, I remember you saying you were worried, glad you practiced I bet !

For sure! Just to pass the push/pull now next time round! Best of luck for when you get called!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 tamkuj

Correct me please if I am wrong but is it not the rule to first have the vetting done before going on to PCT and medical? Or how does it work?

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Marty1476

tamkuj wrote: »
    Correct me please if I am wrong but is it not the rule to first have the vetting done before going on to PCT and medical? Or how does it work?

Nope! Vetting goes on in the background, some people’s vetting clears quickly and others don’t. There is no rule about vetting having to be complete before pct or medical and typically vetting will be the last thing to get cleared before an offer is made

• Registered Users Posts: 6 TC101029

Witcher wrote: »
    Do you not think it's a bit late to be asking that now?

Hi, just a query on this - is the college degree increment still in place? Does anyone know what way this works exactly?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,495 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

You get it when you're out of probation. Two years after you're attested.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭AD07

Just wondering do people have any information on being located after your training? With covid are you more likely to be in the county you want to be or are there certain cities that they would definitely send some of the 75 that go in training in July?

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭LB1197

Any tips for pacing the sit ups. Gassing out before I get to 35 on the minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Holland 204

I am called for my medical next week had everything done was just waiting on my medical. I am now pregnant and I am wondering what is best to do? Should I still go to the medical and I presume I will fail because of it and will they let me do my medical after the pregnancy?

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭stiimpreza1984

I am called for my medical next week had everything done was just waiting on my medical. I am now pregnant and I am wondering what is best to do? Should I still go to the medical and I presume I will fail because of it and will they let me do my medical after the pregnancy?

I would suggest to ring HRM as the doctor will require a urine sample from you on the day. That was the case with Occupational Health anyway when I done it 4 years ago i.e urine sample.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭stiimpreza1984

LB1197 wrote: »
    Any tips for pacing the sit ups. Gassing out before I get to 35 on the minute.

Focus on breathing inhale as you go down and exhale on the way up.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 cruzex

Anyone who done the medical know exactly what is involved in it? And do they tell you on the day if you pass it or not?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Holland 204

I would suggest to ring HRM as the doctor will require a urine sample from you on the day. That was the case with Occupational Health anyway when I done it 4 years ago i.e urine sample.

I’ll give them a call tomorrow. Would people think it would be a case that I just do the medical after the pregnancy or would I be kicked out?

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Marty1476

I’ll give them a call tomorrow. Would people think it would be a case that I just do the medical after the pregnancy or would I be kicked out?

Honestly it’s a massive grey area in what you’re asking, I don’t think you’ll get the correct answer on this forum (no disrespect to anyone)

Call hr tomorrow and state your case and have the questions you want answered ready for them

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Briano1996

Guys, I have been called for a PCT this Saturday having previously deferred earlier in the month.
    Would a doctors note buy me a bit more time or will I still be booted out?.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 30 ayogdx

If anyone did their medical over the weekend or doing today/tomorrow, what's exactly involved?

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Doyler8642

ayogdx wrote: »
    If anyone did their medical over the weekend or doing today/tomorrow, what's exactly involved?

I was wondering the the same thing

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Neisey13

I've mine first thing tomorrow - I'll let ye know then!

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Doyler8642

Neisey13 wrote: »

Great thanks a million

I just had my medical in Cork today. They took my hight, weight, blood pressure, listened to my lungs, had an eye test and hearing test. It took maybe 15 min and I was done.
    Just not to sure about the paperwork now....the doctor took all of my paperwork so I don't have anything to send back to the Garda and the email said to send it till the 30th bit there is nothing to send!?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 r0b

Anyone want to be added to a new WhatsApp group for this round of intakes, just send me a PM with phone number

• Registered Users Posts: 6 TC101029

I just had my medical in Cork today. They took my hight, weight, blood pressure, listened to my lungs, had an eye test and hearing test. It took maybe 15 min and I was done.
    Just not to sure about the paperwork now....the doctor took all of my paperwork so I don't have anything to send back to the Garda and the email said to send it till the 30th bit there is nothing to send!?

Do they tell you on the day if you passed?

TC101029 wrote: »
    Do they tell you on the day if you passed?

Not really. He just said that the examination is now over and he will send the results on to the Gardai.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 NorthWestJ

You don’t need to send anything back to them ? All is done by the Medmark

• Registered Users Posts: 12 ShaunaEllen

r0b wrote: »
    Anyone want to be added to a new WhatsApp group for this round of intakes, just send me a PM with phone number

Did you get accepted?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Beamere90

Hi all got called in for the fitness test on Saturday is there any possible way of getting it moved forward for a few weeks?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 User152875

Was this it no bloods or urine sample ?

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭AliHH

Hi guys
    Got email this morning for physical test on Saturday the 26th.

Many going on that date.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭AliHH

Neisey13 wrote: »

Good luck

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 Beamere90

I'm in at 9 am what time did you get?

Advertisement