Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

F1 2019 - Round 14 Italy

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,016 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Interesting to see how LeClerc handles Bottas

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Faugheen wrote: »
    I’d bring Hamilton in now for softs. Nothing to lose

Good shout

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭jaapbond

why does lewis not take a "free" pitstop so he can set fastest lap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

What cold save LeCrerc is getting DRS off backmarkers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

Come on Charles!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

This is gunna be a nervy 5 laps

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,684 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Crossing fingers and toes. Come on Le Clerc!!

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,292 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

I think Bottas doesn't have the chance anymore,

This will cap an unbelievable week for Leclerc, winning last week after tragic circumstances and going on to win for Ferrari at Monza.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,648 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

I just want this race to end, hang on Leclerc. 5 laps to go

• Advertisement

Good solid race from Renault

Yesssss Bottas went deep, breathing room again

That should be it! Come on!

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,585 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Jesus. The director picks the worst time to change cameras!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Bottlas.

COME ON CHARLES !!!!!

• Advertisement

One more time, come on!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

The podium is going to be epic with the sea of red below.

Unreal! Fair fups LeClerc!

Vettels position at Ferrari must be under pressure now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

PsychoPete wrote: »
    Good solid race from Renault
    Excellent result for them.

• Advertisement

Yes Charles :D

What a race

YES! What a drive, what a race. Take a bow Charles Leclerc

giphy.gif

It's been a long time since I gave the chequered flag a round of applause, so relieved to see it at the end

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭Cork Trucker

Vettel is finished at Ferrari, retirement beckons.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭A Shropshire Lad

Well done Charles! Changing of the guard at Ferrari.

Get rid of Vettel and get Verstappen in there with Charles

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Remember when a lot of people last year said LeClerc wasn’t ready?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,350 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Doubt ya Charles leclerc. That was some drive.

Class touch talking to the crowd and viewers in Italian...................... even if I don't have a clue what he said :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,756 ✭✭✭Inviere

Majestic stuff by Charles. Lewis applied some savage pressure for the longest time, but he held on, and managed the onslaught like a champ. Can't escape the feeling that by winning in a Ferrari at Monza, and going ahead of Seb in the championship, that today will mark the beginning of the changing of the guard at Ferrari.

Seb had an absolute mare, yet another spin, being his own fault. Coming back onto the track I'd give him the benefit of the doubt in that he couldn't see anyone coming, but jesus what a disaster for him. He must know inside now that a title at Ferrari is looking less and less likely. He'll need to pull out some spectacular performances over the rest of the season to go ahead of Charles in the championship, and importantly, to regain his mojo. He's clearly struggling to extract the most from the car, where Charles is beginning to excel at it.

• Advertisement

Well done Charles! Changing of the guard at Ferrari.

Get rid of Vettel and get Verstappen in there with Charles

Vettel to retire - Ricciardo to Ferrari - Hulkenberg to remain at Renault???

Remember when a lot of people last year said LeClerc wasn’t ready?

Yep, I'm glad to have been on the right side of that one :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,350 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I mean just look at those pictures. The Italian anthem is great.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I mean just look at those pictures. The Italian anthem is great.

The passion there for Ferrari is amazing, love it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 726 ✭✭✭tigerboon

Great to see the old Monza magic again. Best race in years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Personally I think you should get some sanction for going straight on at a chicane and holding onto your place, in situations like that, I also think Hamilton would have been vulnerable later in the race to Le Clerc, and with all he took out of his mediums would have lost anyways, so meh!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Vettel has to be gone after that performance. Woeful stuff from a seemingly top driver.

Get Alonso in there!!!!

In other news Hamilton is a complete moany ar$e.

Lastly what about Max flying up through the field.

Put him a Ferrari or Mercedes and he’d completely dominate.

Inquitus wrote: »
    Personally I think you should get some sanction for going straight on at a chicane and holding onto your place, in situations like that, I also think Hamilton would have been vulnerable later in the race to Le Clerc, and with all he took out of his mediums would have lost anyways, so meh!

I felt throughout the race that IF Lewis were to get past Chalres, Charles would smoke him into the lead on the start finish straight anyway. I don't think the lap is beg enough that Lewis could have eeked out a bit of space, before coming back around to the start finish straight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,586 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Vettel has to be gone after that performance. Woeful stuff from a seemingly top driver.

Agreed.
    Get Alonso in there!!!!

:eek::eek: NOOOOOOOOOOOOO..!!!!
    In other news Hamilton is a complete moany ar$e.

He is one of the worst losers in the history of the sport I reckon.

:eek::eek: NOOOOOOOOOOOOO..!!!!
    Lastly what about Max flying up through the field.
    Put him a Ferrari or Mercedes and he’d completely dominate.

I don't know about that.

How many drivers have left Red Bull and were not great after.

Look at Vettel.
    Look at Dani with his supernatural late brake overtakes.!

Max is probably part of that car and might not fit in to a different setup.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 726 ✭✭✭tigerboon

Inquitus wrote: »

He did fairly plough on across those kerbs and risked damaging the car. Other drivers would have slowed or took the escape road. He did lose a bit of time but managed to place the car safely back on the racing line. There should be sanctions but LeClerc was determined. Other drivers might have lost more time
    Vettel should have been black flagged and probably Stroll as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭H3llR4iser

tigerboon wrote: »
    He did fairly plough on across those kerbs and risked damaging the car. Other drivers would have slowed or took the escape road. He did lose a bit of time but managed to place the car safely back on the racing line. There should be sanctions but LeClerc was determined. Other drivers might have lost more time
    Vettel should have been black flagged and probably Stroll as well.

Guys, give it a rest - the black flag in F1 is not like a "red card" in football, there has never been a diver given a black flag for an on-track violation and there will never be.

Almost all accounts of black flags you can find are for procedural issues - getting the car restarted with external help, changing to the T-Car after the warm up lap had started, leaving the pitlane with a red light and so on. The closest it's ever been to what people THINK a black flag is, Al Pease was shown one during the 1969 Canadian Grand Prix for being too slow. The most hilarious / worrisome episode happened in Germany in 1977, when a driver who failed to qualify (Hans Heyer) somehow managed to line up and start for the race - and even at that, he wasn't exactly black flagged, he retired for a gearbox failure and was subsequently disqualified when someone realized "hey, this guy didn't qualify!" :D .

In hindsight, Seb should have reversed onto the kerb there, considering he was in pretty much the worse possible place on the track - do I need to explain, at this moment in time, how we know you don't want to be T-boned in a single seater car at 200+ kph?

H3llR4iser wrote: »
    Guys, give it a rest - the black flag in F1 is not like a "red card" in football, there has never been a diver given a black flag for an on-track violation and there will never be.

Well we seen the farce that developed at Silverstone 1994 when they tried to give it to Michael Schumacher.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

Would have loved to have been in the middle of this

https://twitter.com/MercedesAMGF1/status/1170710706402074627

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭H3llR4iser

Well we seen the farce that developed at Silverstone 1994 when they tried to give it to Michael Schumacher.

Don't get me wrong - it HAS been shown to drivers during a race, and it HAS developed into a farce on more than one occasion (Estoril 1989 is another one, with the added "bonus" that Mansell chased and punted Senna out of the race after he was black flagged...), but it was never for something a driver did on track in terms of driving / wheel to wheel jostling / putting someone in a wall.

‘Hamilton must be one of the worst losers in the history of sport’

Yet the first thing he did was congratulate LeClerc and Ferrari.

Some people really don’t like him to the point they just make up stuff about him. It’s quite sad really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,168 ✭✭✭chicorytip

What about Bottas though? The victory was there on a plate for him but, of course, he screws up at the vital moment. The guy simply lacks the right mentality. I'll bet Toto Wolff wishes Russell was playing "wingman" today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,689 ✭✭✭This is it

Some people really don’t like him to the point they just make up stuff about him. It’s quite sad really.

Went straight to blaming Ferrari yesterday for mess that was Q3, even going as far as to say that it was purposely done by Ferrari because LeClerc had provisional pole. Didn't lay any blame at his own door or that of his team who chose to run out late and crawl around the track the same as anyone else. Making a late break for it coming to the second to last corner doesn't absolve him.

He's an incredibly unlikable person, the above is just one instance where I feel my opinion of him is justified.

H3llR4iser wrote: »
    Don't get me wrong - it HAS been shown to drivers during a race, and it HAS developed into a farce on more than one occasion (Estoril 1989 is another one, with the added "bonus" that Mansell chased and punted Senna out of the race after he was black flagged...), but it was never for something a driver did on track in terms of driving / wheel to wheel jostling / putting someone in a wall.

Always amazed me why Senna never tried to punch Mansell after that yet he did it to Irvine for unlapping himself, Irvine's version of events was that he fell backwards which i severely doubt. Schumacher probably should have gotten the black flag for what happened with Barrichello in 2010

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Did Vettel join in on his teams celebrations? Didn't think he did at Spa and didn't see him today.

This is it wrote: »

Went straight to blaming Ferrari yesterday for mess that was Q3, even going as far as to say that it was purposely done by Ferrari because LeClerc had provisional pole. Didn't lay any blame at his own door or that of his team who chose to run out late and crawl around the track the same as anyone else. Making a late break for it coming to the second to last corner doesn't absolve him.

He's an incredibly unlikable person, the above is just one instance where I feel my opinion of him is justified.

He blamed Ferrari on the team radio while in the thick of it and in the heat of the moment.

He moans no more than anyone else on the radio. Anyone who thinks or suggests otherwise is clouded by hatred.

‘The worst loser in the history of sport’ doesn’t congratulate the winning driver or team and say on the day he isn’t good enough.

People just love to have a moan at him. He’s not as likeable as other drivers but name me one multiple time world champion who was? Senna, Prost, Schumacher, Vettel - all thoroughly unlikeable personalities.

• Advertisement
Advertisement