Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

F1 2019 - Round 14 Italy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,440 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Daddy Sainz ? You could've just said Sainz Sr martin.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,614 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

Kimi in the barriers now, session stopped

• Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

Kimi again

This is crazy, running out of time while they're all afraid to go first

• Registered Users Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Brilliant.

But what a waste of time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭Inviere

The next time someone tries to suggest that people in F1 know better than the rest of us I think there's an obvious example to give.

****ing idiots.

Hilarious, the final run in Q3 was a shambles. professional drivers, and to a man they should all be embarrassed

And now it's under investigation, if the hammer drops and a few grid penalties are handed out so be it. They will all be deserved

• Registered Users Posts: 19,956 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

The next time someone tries to suggest that people in F1 know better than the rest of us I think there's an obvious example to give.

****ing idiots.
    I’m not really sure how it would come up but since you brought it up...
    I’d suggest people working in f1 know more about f1 than the rest of who aren’t working on f1. Obviously.

But that was silly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

That was a shambles 😂
    But I don't care Charles on pole :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,642 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Fifth and sixth for Renault. They should score plenty of points tomorrow.

I’m not really sure how it would come up but since you brought it up...
    I’d suggest people working in f1 know more about f1 than the rest of who aren’t working on f1. Obviously.

But that was silly.

So surprised it's you replying to be argumentative. Retarded stuff happens all the time in F1 when it's obvious to a ****load of people that it's a stupid call. Ferrari being a good example. And as usual well done for changing words and forming something different to argue against.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,132 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Only sainz and both Ferraris looked like they wanted to get on with it

skipper_G wrote: »
    And now it's under investigation, if the hammer drops and a few grid penalties are handed out so be it. They will all be deserved

**** it, just reverse the grid. Except Verstappen. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

I'd nearly give Hulkenberg and Sainz penalties for driving too slowly. You can't just block the track like that going that slow.

What's just as bad then is Vettel gets by them and then slows right down again.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Absolutely

I wonder if there should be a rule introduced that if you're coming out at the end, you have to be out the garage and running by 2'30 before the end or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Maybe a case for bringing back the one lap shoot out for this round only.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,983 ✭✭✭Jeff2

What happened Verstappen?

Absolutely

I wonder if there should be a rule introduced that if you're coming out at the end, you have to be out the garage and running by 2'30 before the end or something?

Nah the rules are fine. If they can find someone who blocked where it made a material difference then punish them. They pretty much all looked happy to coast at the start so it's their own fault.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭H3llR4iser

That's quite funny, I was thinking during the Q3 in Spa that this stuff about slipstreaming in qualifying is getting ridiculous and that it'd reach its nadir in Monza...and here we go. There's a reason why Indycar does qualifying one car at a time on ovals.

Tracks like Monza or Spa could probably benefit from a special rule where Q3 is a few minutes longer and there's a minimum 10" separation rule between cars on the start line of a timed lap. Or, just sent the cars out one at a time.

Jeff2 wrote: »
    What happened Verstappen?

Out in Q1 without setting a lap, wouldn't have been in the fight anyway as he is starting from the back because of engine penalties

I'm blaming Hulkenberg for starting the chain reaction, himself and Sainz barely moving running side by side effectively became a rolling road block. Grid penalty and then they won't be at that again any time soon

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

I'm blaming Hulkenberg for starting the chain reaction, himself and Sainz barely moving running side by side effectively became a rolling road block. Grid penalty and then they won't be at that again any time soon

It was a mess

Hulkenberg started it

Stroll then chipped in, Sainz then got involved.

Vettel raced by them and then slammed on his brakes aswell.

Pure mess

So surprised it's you replying to be argumentative. Retarded stuff happens all the time in F1 when it's obvious to a ****load of people that it's a stupid call. Ferrari being a good example. And as usual well done for changing words and forming something different to argue against.

Lol. You should tell the f1 bosses about your mad skills. I’m sure they’ll be knocking down your door with job offers.

flazio wrote: »

Why? They all had 6 and a half minutes to do the out lap and missed the deadline because they all wanted the tow. Game theory gone wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,619 ✭✭✭Infoanon

flazio wrote: »

Why? They all had 6 and a half minutes to do the out lap and missed the deadline because they all wanted the tow. Game theory gone wrong.
    Add in to that eg Alex Albon hadn't even set a time what where Red Bull at ? , whole thing was embarrassing, but as Sainz alluded to, with it being hard to apply penalties by the FIA (Sainz) ,this was always bound to happen , as Sainz also alluded to you need to have real penalties.

Lol. You should tell the f1 bosses about your mad skills. I’m sure they’ll be knocking down your door with job offers.

What in the name of **** are you on about? Like are there other people in the room with you that you mean to address your random thoughts to?

What in the name of **** are you on about? Like are there other people in the room with you that you mean to address your random thoughts to?

The ridiculousness of your “Captain Hindsight” comment warranted pointing out. The notion that you actually know better than the people who work in f1, is LOLable.

• Advertisement

Verstappen said rain was the best chance for him tomorrow. Probably not worth the best way to test out the new engine but definitely his best chance of a good finish.

What are the odds of rain?

Advertisement