Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

F1 2019 - Round 14 Italy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,511 ✭✭✭✭vectra

That was a shambles ��
    But I don't care Charles on pole :)

Hamilton blaming Ferrari for the shambles :pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭tipp_tipp_tipp

• Registered Users Posts: 8,319 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

Ouch. That wasn't a good Q3 by anyone standards. That was terrible stuff from some of the drivers who started this mess.

I was literally speechless that none of them posted an actual time for Q3. Some of them should deserve penalties for their actions.

Although I am surprised that LeClerc made it over the finishing line before the clock went to zero.

Does he get to keep his pole position for tomorrow's race because he didn't get a chance to post a time either near the end?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭Sonny noggs

Just saw it there, a shambles.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,222 ✭✭✭This is it

Didn't they all post a time in q3 bar Kimi? It was a second flying lap they missed out on.

Edit, Albon, Stroll and Kimi missed out on laps, the rest got one in before the crash

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    I'd nearly give Hulkenberg and Sainz penalties for driving too slowly. You can't just block the track like that going that slow.

What's just as bad then is Vettel gets by them and then slows right down again.

Hulkenberg literally cut the first chicane to get out of their way.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

vectra wrote: »
    Hamilton blaming Ferrari for the shambles :pac::pac:

I missed that.. I suppose if you took vettel from q2 you could blame them. As that's where hulk got the idea. And I'm pretty sure Danny ric said he wasn't buying vettel locking up. Rosberg got defensive about that from the bits I heard

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

Hulk stroll and sainz have been reprimanded for driving slow but no penailtys dished out.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,849 ✭✭✭✭flazio

I'm not sure why Hamilton blames Ferrari. At the end they got held up but there were plenty of chances for any one of the drives to move up through the field and put a lap in, they didn't because they wanted a tow. All as bad as each other, trying to pass a corner or two before the start finish doesn't absolve Hamilton of wrong doing for the rest of the lap he crawled around

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,643 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Just seen it there now. Was a disgrace. Them driver's should be ashamed of themselves for acting like that. These are supposed to be the best drivers in the world. Get on with it and stop looking for the easy way out by getting a tow. It should be banned I think. If it happens at another race like that then there should be penalty's giving for it.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Just finished watching qualifying.

1. What the **** was that at the end. Hilarious.

And

2. If I hear the word “tow” one more god damn time I think I’ll scream.

Roll on tomorrow all the same.

Looking forward to seeing what Max can manage from the back of the pack and Vettel looked pissed after qualy so will be interesting to see does he push hard at the start.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,625 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Faugheen wrote: »
    Hulkenberg literally cut the first chicane to get out of their way.

I love the way Hulkenberg went, f* this, I'm taking a detour - no way I'm being first in this queue.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,625 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Just looking at the predicted rain. Some rain forecast for the F2/F3 races. Looking dryer at 15:00 local time for F1, but still a chance of precipitation (23%).

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,998 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

AMKC wrote: »
    Just seen it there now. Was a disgrace. Them driver's should be ashamed of themselves for acting like that. These are supposed to be the best drivers in the world. Get on with it and stop looking for the easy way out by getting a tow. It should be banned I think. If it happens at another race like that then there should be penalty's giving for it.

Ah, there's more to it than that. Who wants to be the fool who goes first? If any one of them had decided to go first, they all would have followed and everyone would have been in plenty of time - which means everyone would have gotten the tow and had an advantage over the one who went first. But which F1 driver would give up without a fight?

I'm pretty sure the rest of the drivers would have though less of the one who went first. They're not just drivers, they're peers and rivals. I'd bet if you asked any of the drivers involve I'd say they would prefer nobody went than they be the fool to go first. It's their nature.

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭funkyouup

I really didnt think it was that bad, the sky lads made it out to be huge, no one wanted to be the fall guy getting used to give the tow, it wont and cant happen often as Monza is probably the worst in terms or it giving an advantage.
    Good race tomorrow and no one will care, turn one is gonna be good, 2 Mercedes in a Ferrari Sandwich closely followed by 2 hungry baguettes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Mackman

They all have no one to blame other than themselves, they all had 6 and a half minutes to get a lap in, and they all wanted to be smart about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,682 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Jody-Scheckter-Ferrari-312-T4-Formel-1-GP-Italien-Monza-7-September-2019-article169Gallery-dc6db37d-1626296.jpg

Jody Scheckter taking his championship winning Ferrari 312 T4 around the Monza track. He won the race and championship there in 1979.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,049 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Faugheen wrote: »
    I would hope the fact they showed the replay suggests nobody was seriously hurt.

Feckin’ hell though

Driver walked away but later found he did fracture vertebrae

https://www.espn.com/f1/story/_/id/27557591/f3-driver-peroni-suffers-broken-vertebrae-massive-monza-crash

The Leclerc vs Vettel part of qualifying was interesting, Vettel was pretty pissed after qualifying. Can see team orders being ignored in future races when they’re asked to work together if it continues like this

Weather looking wet this morning, might be a partially wet race

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Intermediates used in the f3 race, starting on dry tires for the f2 race, 10% chance of rain. Sunny at the moment

Might be ok later

• Registered Users Posts: 11,682 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

I think Ricciardo will visit the podium today :)

Hoping for another LeClerc win. I'm wondering what the relationship between him and Vettel is like at this stage...

This is it wrote: »
    Hoping for another LeClerc win. I'm wondering what the relationship between him and Vettel is like at this stage...

All it will take is 1 little on track knock and i could see him throwing the toys out of the pram. And today of all days, really looking forward to this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,500 ✭✭✭Inviere

Jordan 199 wrote: »

A bold claim, be great to see though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

The anomaly is probably "not wanting to upset the Italians"

It was very tight though in fairness.

https://twitter.com/Motorsport/status/1170651724421488641?s=19

Sky just had the slow-mos and pics, that rule is needlessly technical.

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭supremenovice

Jordan 199 wrote: »

I agree, I stuck a fiver on at 20/1 for the craic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,841 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Looking forward to the start of this race, would be fairly surprised if there is a clean first lap.

Advertisement