Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 8)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Listening to "The last of her kind" by Peter Gundry. It's lovely. Multitasking, cooking and paint slinging.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,951 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Sitting with a coffee and a blueberry muffin , watching Grand Designs on More4 . I loved this house too , Kelly was/is a true craftsman , can't wait to see the inside of the house , and the staircase ! Again :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

We will dish out the compliments here Srameen, redress the balance!

Don’t hold your breath for TH to give you a compliment Srameen :D
    I’d be the right one for that job

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,104 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Don’t hold your breath for TH to give you a compliment Srameen :D
    I’d be the right one for that job

I don't think he wants to pay cash for compliments though...

I don't think he wants to pay cash for compliments though...

That’s ok I accept g and ts too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,104 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

That’s ok I accept g and ts too!

And the more G&Ts the better the compliments.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Skybirdjb

Kitchen side cooking dinner , lads ye are a tonic ye cheer me up reading all about your adventures..... and shenanigans:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Sky ... don’t mention shenanigans! Trouble ensues!!!

And the more G&Ts the better the compliments.

Excuse me you, my compliments are so few and far between that they mean a lot to people when they get them

honeybear wrote: »

Love that word!! :) and trouble isn’t always a bad thing 😂

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭NewRed2

Home with Fleetwood Mac "Rhiannon". Catching up on some work I left on the backburner over the summer.

One of my favourite songs ever!! Love it. Ya know she wrote it in a few minutes and it's based on a novel she bought in an airport.
    The version she later did with just herself and the piano was beautiful. Big Stevie Nicks fan myself.... Genius!

Sitting in the sunroom myself and having 2 craft beers and listening to some music.
    Was goin grand for a bit, Walker Brothers Sun Aint gonna shine anymore was the last one and was nice and relaxed but then it somehow leaped to an advert with Crazyfrog (remember him?) shouting some mumbo jumbo and the moment was gone.

Tempted to nip down the pub for a few pints but then I think of the morning and the hangover versus being fresh..... God I miss the days when ya were younger and you'd have no such dilemmas at 8pm on a friday night.
    On a similar note a workmate was telling me today that he used to hit the pub every friday night back in his younger days and there was no social media back then, so every saturday morning he'd get home at 4am and didnt want the night to end so he's stay up on his own and stick on the shopping channel while eating some grub.
    Said he had to stop after his missus confronted him one day when they had a shed packed full of juicers and ultimate juicers and mini-juicers and various coffee machines and a toaster that could make toast while poaching an egg at the same time.... :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Couch side once again. Flicking around the channels and waiting for a software update on my phone to download

• Closed Accounts Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Redneck Reject

Skybirdjb wrote: »
    Kitchen side cooking dinner , lads ye are a tonic ye cheer me up reading all about your adventures..... and shenanigans:)
    Someone say shenanigans? Count me in!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭Pretzill

Still deskside after a busy Friday but chilling now listening to music - Doobie Brothers "What a fool believes" is on at the moment!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Few holiday beverages had. Good thing I have a good inbuilt sat nav mind.

Been on the go since 6am local time. Bollixed tired now.

Stay classy San Boardio.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,208 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

I'm now on Alison Moyet. What a voice! A combo of Yazoo and solo stuff. Alone in the house. Volume at a reasonable level. Nearly last beer. Chinese ordered. Bliss!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,478 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Deskside, Nick Cave - Ghosteen

Sitting on the bed drying my hair to go out for dinner with the luckiest man

Would much rather order in and curl up in my pjs but he thinks that’s depressing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 401 ✭✭Eleysian

Pretzill wrote: »
    Still deskside after a busy Friday but chilling now listening to music - Doobie Brothers "What a fool believes" is on at the moment!

Ah that’s sublime! Great choice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Couchside. Dinner went well! Tried to do some study after but the brain is done for the day. So it’s some tv and let the brain cool off until the morning.

It’s tremendous to see so many people enjoying music! And really good music. I sometimes think when I hear music that is on the radio these days that’s it’s all just computer programmed crap.. so it’s great to see folks enjoying real music :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

smurfjed wrote: »
    Sitting in the hotel lobby, 7am, watching some lovely looking women leaving the hotel, dressed in evening attire with heals, strangely enough they have no luggage ��

One Question :

What is the french for shenanigans ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

0lddog wrote: »
    One Question :

What is the french for shenanigans ?

Lé shenanigans?? :D

Lhenanigans?? :D

Oh la la la la la shenanigans:)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,754 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

honeybear wrote: »

Honeybear appears again as soon as shenanigans are mentioned 😛

😀

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,754 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Eleysian wrote: »
    Evening all!
    So glad to be home and say Hellooooo to the weekend.
    Thank you for all the good wishes. My presentation went really well and people liked it!

@Seph - so sorry about the bus... Sliding a nice mug of Barry’s tea across.

See I told you it would go great didn't I 😀? And you didn't even need to follow my suggestion of having a few coffees before hand 🤔 and going in loopy headed 🤪🤪🤪 😛.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭ChippingSodbury

Some great tunes listed there. This afternoon, I was working on a web template and instead of the usual "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, " filler text, it had
    "Well the first thing you know ol' Jeds a millionaire, the kinfolk said "Jed move away from there.."

Can't get the feckin' theme tune out of my head now!!

For those who aren't yet singing it yet:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

manigances :D

suggested by google.translate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Redneck Reject

Some great tunes listed there. This afternoon, I was working on a web template and instead of the usual "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, " filler text, it had
    "Well the first thing you know ol' Jeds a millionaire, the kinfolk said "Jed move away from there.."

Can't get the feckin' theme tune out of my head now!!

For those who aren't yet singing it yet:
    Heh that is a great tune.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

0lddog wrote: »
    manigances :D

suggested by google.translate

Prefer shenanigans. French for divilment?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,478 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Skullduggery for the month that's in it

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement