Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What brought a smile to your face today?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,086 ✭✭✭TheBeardedLady

loubian wrote: »
    My boyfriend met my friends and family today - brave man. And he got a loan of a car seat and is talking about getting a loan of a travel cot so we can stay in his. He completely accepts me as a mother and accepts that my baby comes first in my eyes and is part of the package. He just makes me smile a lot :D

That's deadly. You've posted a few things in the "Things you want to say to your...." thread and I'm glad things are going your way a bit. He sounds like a good guy.

I'm not having a particularly smiley weekend so the few things that helped me get through it.

Something deadly happening for a friend who deserves nothing but happiness. Cheered me right up.

Last night I met friends in the pub, I haven't seen some of these friends in months but we have been friends since we were 15 and no matter how long it has been, it's always like we just saw each other yesterday. The funny thing was, this morning, another of this group of friends posted a song on Facebook that always reminds me of this gang of friends. I remember at one of their 30th birthday parties, standing in his garden in a circle in his garden singing this song, and tears of happiness filled my eyes because as I looked around I couldn't believe how lucky I was to have friends like these. That was a few years ago now so it was really lovely to meet some of them last night and be reminded of that moment this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭Stinjy

Last night I met friends in the pub, I haven't seen some of these friends in months but we have been friends since we were 15 and no matter how long it has been, it's always like we just saw each other yesterday. The funny thing was, this morning, another of this group of friends posted a song on Facebook that always reminds me of this gang of friends. I remember at one of their 30th birthday parties, standing in his garden in a circle in his garden singing this song, and tears of happiness filled my eyes because as I looked around I couldn't believe how lucky I was to have friends like these. That was a few years ago now so it was really lovely to meet some of them last night and be reminded of that moment this morning.

^^^This... This made me smile, I'm moving in like a week and probably won't see most of my friends for a year or more... I really hope in 15 or 20 years I still have songs reminding me of these people and nothing changes even when you don't see them... :)

Also I got to visit gran and granda today! Always good!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

I just walked through the local park. It's a beautiful crisp, sunny evening, and the amazing variety of colour of the leaves on the trees and shrubs, brought a smile to my face.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭olive20

Got a bunch of roses delivered this morning from my bf who has emigrated to Canada to try it out for him/us but I want him to try it for him.
    Miss him and I didn't think he was a rose guy lol.
    21 year old that's cute and old fashioned but not too old fashioned!

Just taut I'd share that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭mollybird

the thing that made me smile today was meeting my husband for a lunch date today. it's something we very rarely get to do so think it brightened up both our days :)

One of my adult students was really struggling for ages with his English writing. He was the hardest working student in the class but his writing was all over the place and no matter how much I tried to help him, it didn't seem to penetrate at all but he continued to try and even did extra writing homework to get it right. Last week he gave me a writing piece that was just brilliant and completely blew me away and it was obvious that everything I'd told him had finally hit home.

When I told him this evening how delighted I was with him and his progress and that his essay was excellent, he smiled a big smile and was obviously so pleased with himself, which was lovely to witness after a long day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭pharmaton

hid a co workers shoe, just the one, and then went to lunch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Frito

My mam today who was trying to control the tremor in her hand long enough to press the button that reclines her chair, whilst singing along to the Rolling Stones and substituting "I can't get no......sexy action. But I try".

I about wet meself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 303 ✭✭Greenduck

Having the morning from hell on top of getting drenched.

Some aul fella says to me in Spar while buying my salad 'Jaysis fair play love for eating that stuff on a day like today. Must be why you look so good'

Made me smile despite myself even though I really wanted to be in bad form. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 646 ✭✭✭cactuspaw

Pleasant phone call, after a really crap day( rain, lost key, people being horrible) 20 mins chat of general laugh and planning really helped.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭Corkgirl210

Plenty! Great day in work, customers in good form :) Boss left early :) heading out with girls tonight :) date tomorrow night :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

found a pack of choc Hob Nobs in the press....the little things ehh?? :P (plus it wasnt opened :D)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 418 ✭✭newtoboards

Got some feedback today that really boosted me after a horrific week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭carolinespring

Taking the afternoon of work and spending it drinking coffee and playing games of Draughts with my husband. Was lovely

So I moved to Canada, but what has made me smile is 1) the amount of contact I've had from people. I'm genuinely blown away about how interested people are and how much they care.
    2) I have a Canucks hockey game on the telly and I dont have to stream it so I'm getting proper quality!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,273 ✭✭✭✭TommieBoy

(1) Took the day off from my social responsibilities, which I never allow myself to do.
    (2) Found the Country Music forum and grooved on some tunes
    (3) Was brave enough to start some medication, which will improve my life, and...
    (4) Chatted with a friend :D who always makes me smile
    ...was a good day of simple pleasures

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

- England losing in the rugby
    - Pretty decent run this morning
    - First mince pies of the season
    - OH's sisters having a good race in their 5k today
    - Cold bottle of Brewdog Punk IPA open in front of me

Happy kirby :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

I surprised my mom with flights to come see me in a few week. A bit selfish but I've been finding it hard to be so far away from her since my Nan died in October and I know she'll enjoy breaking up the time between now and Christmas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭beks101

I spent the week with my mum and I'm back in London less than 24 hours and miss her terribly. Realizing how selfless, relentless and almost other-worldly self-sacrificing someone's love can be for you has made me smile this week. I love my mammy.

• Advertisement

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    I surprised my mom with flights to come see me in a few week. A bit selfish but I've been finding it hard to be so far away from her since my Nan died in October and I know she'll enjoy breaking up the time between now and Christmas.

I don't see anything selfish about the above.

My boyfriend doing an impression of the singers in this song his thick Spanish accent (even though his accent is very mild) made me laugh this morning. I've made him do it about 20 times now:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭shalalala

Having the BEST weekend. Our dance schools party on Friday, a class on Saturday followed by dinner with the family. Now I am in dunboyne castle with mam having a girlie night:) massages tomorrow!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭AmyPL

Seeing some lovely pictures of my OH and I from a recent wedding.
    Knowing I'll get to see him in a week and a half :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭pharmaton

I'm sitting here teary eyed thinking about how lovely today was because I spent it with my lovely daughter. We took in the sights of the Christmas festivities around the town, we had tea and mince pies with cream (yum), I ate a hotdog that she covered in mustard but it was lovely anyway and then we walked arm in arm through the twinkly lit streets and talked about our feels and things. I love her so much it hurts and I want to treasure every second I get with her. I'm so glad she shared today with me.

Went to a Canucks practice session! it was fantastic!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Naid23

My nephew whimpering and pretending to be one of the dogs when they were whining to go out for a walk! And then cracking himself up tryna get his brother to dance!

Lil crazy always cheers me up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

Someone I see once a year for the last 12-15 years telling my mother that I'd gotten so grown up. I'm 35 and she saw me last year :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭Littlekittylou

Lookit Dem Cute Little Paws!

And music! :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Precious flower

Teaching my dad to text!:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 375 ✭✭RubyGlee

Finding frozen chocolate pie in the freezer id forgotten about..eating said pie for breakfast, lunch and now tea. sick but smiling

Advertisement