Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What brought a smile to your face today?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,086 ✭✭✭TheBeardedLady

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    I surprised my mom with flights to come see me in a few week. A bit selfish but I've been finding it hard to be so far away from her since my Nan died in October and I know she'll enjoy breaking up the time between now and Christmas.

I don't see anything selfish about the above.

My boyfriend doing an impression of the singers in this song his thick Spanish accent (even though his accent is very mild) made me laugh this morning. I've made him do it about 20 times now:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭shalalala

Having the BEST weekend. Our dance schools party on Friday, a class on Saturday followed by dinner with the family. Now I am in dunboyne castle with mam having a girlie night:) massages tomorrow!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭AmyPL

Seeing some lovely pictures of my OH and I from a recent wedding.
    Knowing I'll get to see him in a week and a half :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭pharmaton

I'm sitting here teary eyed thinking about how lovely today was because I spent it with my lovely daughter. We took in the sights of the Christmas festivities around the town, we had tea and mince pies with cream (yum), I ate a hotdog that she covered in mustard but it was lovely anyway and then we walked arm in arm through the twinkly lit streets and talked about our feels and things. I love her so much it hurts and I want to treasure every second I get with her. I'm so glad she shared today with me.

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭Stinjy

Went to a Canucks practice session! it was fantastic!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Naid23

My nephew whimpering and pretending to be one of the dogs when they were whining to go out for a walk! And then cracking himself up tryna get his brother to dance!

Lil crazy always cheers me up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

Someone I see once a year for the last 12-15 years telling my mother that I'd gotten so grown up. I'm 35 and she saw me last year :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭Littlekittylou

Lookit Dem Cute Little Paws!

And music! :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Precious flower

Teaching my dad to text!:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 375 ✭✭RubyGlee

Finding frozen chocolate pie in the freezer id forgotten about..eating said pie for breakfast, lunch and now tea. sick but smiling

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

Someone retweeting a link to an article on my blog from weeks ago. :D

Wearing my new shoes. Felt like a proper "Woman about the city" today because of the convincing adult clicking sound they make when I walk.

The hilarious email I got from my dad filling me in on all the local happenings from my hometown. His ability to make the most mundane news sound like an hilarious anecdote is one of his great talents. He's got a very dry wit that's at its funniest when written down. Love his emails.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

I'll be coming into a small but sizable sum of money soon so I can finally afford a decent pair of winter boots! Stylish ones instead of sulking around in a crappy pair of Dunne's workboots. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

The ex texted today looking to get back together, after been a complete knob head to me, for no reason.... but got my own back and told him where to go. Brought a big smile to my face today so it did :D

McChubbin wrote: »
    I'll be coming into a small but sizable sum of money soon so I can finally afford a decent pair of winter boots! Stylish ones instead of sulking around in a crappy pair of Dunne's workboots. :)

Decent shoes are always worth it. Definitely worth splashing out on considering how much time you spend on your feet!
    The ex texted today looking to get back together, after been a complete knob head to me, for no reason.... but got my own back and told him where to go. Brought a big smile to my face today so it did :D

Stick to your guns, missus, if that's what you believe is the right thing to do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭shuffle65

Being told at work today that they're going to bump me up from 3 days to a 5 day week. FULL TIME WORK, WOOHOO!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I just ordered my bridesmaid dresses, thanks to a rather hefty Black Friday discount code :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,273 ✭✭✭✭TommieBoy

A sweet text from a friend I haven't seen in atleast a month, asking if I wanted to be alone today... Was a kind question. Most people just assume you want their company on holidays. Most don't take a shy person's feelings into account. He is kind that way.

Funny thing is, I did want to be alone from the rest of the world, but I would've enjoyed his company today (yet I couldn't tell him that).

I was feeling sorry for myself this morning... funny how a simple, kind text can turn your day around :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

I got a "stretch" assignment (where they ask you to jump up a level of responsibility in a project as a test) on a huge project and I just nailed my first presentation :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,641 ✭✭✭✭fits

Had a fairly rubbish day, but a Skype with himself just made it better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭stevowhelo1

The smoke of a doob and cup of tea :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

It was my one year mark with my boyfriend yesterday. He's a programmer so I thought I would teach myself a simple bit of code and make him a website. It turned out to be a flop and wouldn't work very well so I didn't want to give it to him. He left this morning and I thought feck it, I'll leave it with a note (it was on a USB) saying that I'm sorry for how bad it is. None of the links worked so you had to manually go find the next page and it was just different coloured pages of text with a cute picture. The last page though, told him that I loved him, something I have problems saying to anyone so although I have for a while, I hadn't told him I loved him. I got a phone call just there to say he's just after reading it and that he thought it was really cool and he wanted to ring me to say he loved me too :P I feel all warm and fuzzy inside!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,755 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

^^^^ Your an awesome girlfriend :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

^^^^ Your an awesome girlfriend :)

:o Thanks

It's really not impressive in any way though

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭BadMoonRising

Netflix and bed, a winning combo

sup_dude wrote: »
    :o Thanks

It's really not impressive in any way though

One of those things where the thought counts more than anything.

Had a really good sleep last night and felt fantastic today. Smiles left, right and centre. Plus it's a bank holiday here on Monday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Getting a possible birthday for my son :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

Can't stop grinning about an upcoming romantic break. I haven't just been grinning actually, I've been squeeling and dancing!

A good chat with my mum and sister made me smile today too. That and the prospect that a family issue might work itself out soon and Christmas might be good after all :).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 355 ✭✭rosie16

Just hanging out with a close friend of mine. Not long back from her house. Feeling really content right now. :)

• Advertisement

I'm at home at my family's place and I just rooted out my Wii games and the controllers I have for it. The barman in my local is getting one of the older Wiis for his kids for Christmas, so I'm going to give him my controllers and games (I don't play with them anymore.) It's making me all warm and gooey that a six year old and four year old will be getting Christmas presents I played a part in. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

My dad found a youtube video about WWII and it has clips of my grandpa in it! I have seen still photos of him from the war, but seeing him moving was so cool.

I really miss him, so it was good to see him smiling and moving :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

Father brought home my 1st car today, big smile on my face sitting into it :D

Left my freezing apartment to house sit at my mams, brought DVDs, icecream, pizza... Delighted with myself! Heating is on :D

So I had to conduct a basic psychological experiment from start to finish and have just finished writing up the report. As I terminally lazy student back in my teens and twenties, don't think I ever studied so hard in my life and the mad part of it is, I enjoyed every minute of it...and I'm only 3 months into the course! Psychology is interesting as fook! I'm very proud of myself tbh. :)

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

Watching on baby centre the stage my little pea is at :)

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭BadMoonRising

Planning tomorrow night, sometimes I think the anticipation is better than the night :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭kissmequick

I have discovered the light fluffy tasty savoury yumminess of Rice Cakes!! :) Would always scoff at any food anyways remotely healthy but dayum these things are goodness personnified!! :) Can't stop eating them now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

I said sod it and opened up the Christmas chocolates

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

The fact that in my hour of need and at a time of crisis, not one, not two, not three, not four but five good friends rallied round with support, love and compassion. I feel truly blessed.

I have discovered the light fluffy tasty savoury yumminess of Rice Cakes!! :) Would always scoff at any food anyways remotely healthy but dayum these things are goodness personnified!! :) Can't stop eating them now.

The chocolate covered ones for a treat!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭akamossy

My boyfriend asked me to move in with him today :)

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭Stinjy

salt and vinegar snack-a-jacks ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Vinta81

akamossy wrote: »

!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭beks101

I randomly texted my boyfriend today saying "I want a jelly snake."
    (Bloody addicted to those things)

He stayed and worked from my place today and when I came home an hour ago, I discovered three packets of jelly snakes under my pillow. Sitting here smitten and stuffing my face with them. I'm anyone's for a bit a sugar! :D

• Advertisement

akamossy wrote: »

Obviously you'll refuse 'till you get married. Terrible carry on!:mad:

What made me smile? Having enough sleep last night and being in better form for it. Also this cup of tea I'm drinking. First one all day!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

I asked my 16 month old "what does the cow say" in irish and she said mooooooo haha

My Spanish flatmate's sister got married a few months ago. Supposedly in his region it's traditional for the guests to all get a present from the bride/groom/family. The women all got a pair of fancy shoes and maybe a bottle of wine, the men got a bottle of wine and something else I think. My flatmate has been waiting for ages for the pictures of the wedding to come through because he wanted to sit down with people and show them off. Part of his plan was that he got the shoes and wine for the people he'd show the pictures to. He decided to give the presents out today because he's been waiting too long for the photos.

He gave me a bottle of wine (in a fancy bag!) And apologised for not being able to get the shoes in my size. It's so adorable. I'm beaming that he's been thinking of me. :D

The fact that this time next week I'll be getting ready to get my flight home to Ireland to see my family and friends. I LOVE going home more than anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,641 ✭✭✭✭fits

Had an amazing work Christmas party in Finland last night. So much craic and we danced until six. I love my colleagues.

• Advertisement
Advertisement