Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 8)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Ok, here’s a question folks.. I’ve gotten on the dart and it’s pretty empty.. 1 or 2 people per block of 4 seats.. EVERYONE is facing the direction we are going apart from Dave here... what’s up with that?

It shows that you have a deep fear of the future and long for the happier times of the past, while they are all forward thinking and progressive in their attitude to life. Or, like me, you just sat down without needing to think about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

It shows that you have a deep fear of the future and long for the happier times of the past, while they are all forward thinking and progressive in their attitude to life. Or, like me, you just sat down without needing to think about it.
    That was seriously worrying me until the last sentence Levi Scary Disk!! :D I actually started to think about it!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Ok, here’s a question folks.. I’ve gotten on the dart and it’s pretty empty.. 1 or 2 people per block of 4 seats.. EVERYONE is facing the direction we are going apart from Dave here... what’s up with that?

Personally I get motion sickness if I’m travelling backwards.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,035 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Canteen side, confused 😵😵

Bedside, hotelside,room to myself and after lots of hard work and lots of drinkies tonight..I see Sephers and Auto are carrying on while I'm away trying to earn a crust ...

*Googles dating apps*.

Nice of you to remember me, you didn't remember me Sunday when you were off out with brother tedo , after I cooking us a steak dinner and all 😭😭😭

wuv you 😘

• Registered Users Posts: 10,046 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Agh it was supposed to be an easy lazy day, noticed that I had a small water leak through the roof so went to take a look, noticed that the valve on my 2500 litre water tank was leaking, just a small drip drip type of leak, no problem says I, just exercise the valve and close it properly, the bloody thing broke off in my hand and resulted in 2500 litres of water flooding my roof ...... agggghhhhhhh.

Plumber came and sorted out the valve, I didn't admit that it was due to my stupidity :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,078 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

smurfjed wrote: »
    Plumber came and sorted out the valve, I didn't admit that it was due to my stupidity :)

He knew, he knew!

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Working from home today so I'm at the kitchen table haven drunken 8 litres of coffee, 2 bagels, half a packet of bourbon creams, 3 slices of brown bread and a bowl of coco pops.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭Pretzill

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Working from home today so I'm at the kitchen table haven drunken 8 litres of coffee, 2 bagels, half a packet of bourbon creams, 3 slices of brown bread and a bowl of coco pops.

Nothing like working from home Boom_Bap :D

I'm working from home and I'm on my third cup of tea, have been out for a long walk in the glorious sunshine and now I'm deskside getting into work...I'm so easily distracted at the moment, it's unreal.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Pretzill wrote: »
    Nothing like working from home Boom_Bap :D

I'm working from home and I'm on my third cup of tea, have been out for a long walk in the glorious sunshine and now I'm deskside getting into work...I'm so easily distracted at the moment, it's unreal.

I've taken the dog for a walk, had another cup of coffee and found a jumbo bag of dry roasted peanuts which i'm making a dent into.
    It's tough at the top eh Pretzill?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,809 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Boom and Pretzil you outlined the reasons why I can but only very occasionally work from home :D

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Are you working as a food sampler Boom?

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Are you working as a food sampler Boom?

I wish!

I've ran a few times this week and burned off more calories than consumed, so I'm making up for it.
    I should go for another run and then enter into one of those eating competitions

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭Pretzill

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    I wish!

I've ran a few times this week and burned off more calories than consumed, so I'm making up for it.
    I should go for another run and then enter into one of those eating competitions

I did a 4k cycle too. :p

This working from home is hard. Though seriously I love working from home I could get more done in one afternoon than an entire week if I put my mind to it. It's the sunshine though, it beckons...it beckons

• Registered Users Posts: 16,445 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Homeside after leaving work early, headache and upset stomach. I'm off to the etiquette thread ...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,753 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Homeside after leaving work early, headache and upset stomach. I'm off to the etiquette thread ...

Pretty sure you would be the first woman to share over there. Go on...

Pretty sure you would be the first woman to share over there. Go on...

I'd have to learn the lingo, you're all very verbose about your deposits.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,753 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

I'd have to learn the lingo, you're all very verbose about your deposits.

Using words like "verbose" and calling them "deposits" are exactly why you would fit right in :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭4Ad

Sitting in the sun in East Clare..damn cast on my arm is itchy..
    Too warm to cut the grass, didn't think I'd say that again this year !!
    It's laziness really !

Using words like "verbose" and calling them "deposits" are exactly why you would fit right in :D

Fit in where exactly? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

The best thread that has EVER existed on Boards.

Deskside in the office. 1 hour to delicious pints with my best buddy!

• Advertisement

Any danger of legislation been proposed and passed and enacted in to law that would ban the 5 day working week. Before tomorrow morning?
    I am at work.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

Available here for about 3 euros, remind me before 1st Oct if you need them.

Aw will be grand, just wanted to know if I needed to smuggle home loads from here. I can get them for a few ringydings here so its grand, but thank you.
    Nespresso, Balcony , Mutt..... can't believe that this is my 19th straight day doing this.

One months vacation starting on the 01st October, destination Ireland :)

Right Smurfjed will be in Ireland. I will be Ireland. Drinks people of where the heck are we?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Armchair-side, about to start getting ready for work. Working until finish tonight and I’m desperately hoping that’s not finish in the function bar or I’ll be there all night! :eek:

Any danger of legislation been proposed and passed and enacted in to law that would ban the 5 day working week. Before tomorrow morning?
    I am at work.

I'm primed for a dirty protest if you want to campaign, Trigger. We'll have to move quickly.

I'm primed for a dirty protest if you want to campaign, Trigger. We'll have to move quickly.

A PETA style protest might get more publicity. You go for it and we will see the pics in the press.
    I will support you from here - behind the barricades.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,794 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Making dinner and rinsing my mouth with saltwater. This may not be wise..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Redneck Reject

In my favorite chair, trying for the first time a glass of port(think that is what they called it).One of the ladies I work with suggested it and I must say it is the foulest thing I have ever tasted. Can almost taste the Diabetes in it heh.Bleah!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

It should help Gremlinertia. I think I have a mouth ulcer myself (or inflamed jaw from clenching when stressed) as my mouth's been sore for a few weeks. Salt water gargle dulls the pain.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,035 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Bus side home.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Chillin' out maxin' relaxin all cool...sorry, it was going 'round in my head...had to eject it :D

Quiet on the midwestern front :)

Long may the peace last

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement