Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gangland Shootings [Mod Note in Post #1]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭olestoepoke

I've often wondered. With all the money the mid to high level guys are repordedly making, and the short lifespan some them have, why don't they make enough to leave the country. I mean if you had 300k or 400k you could live a fairly comfortable life in some places around the world. Or at least it would give you a great head start. I have lived and travelled a fair bit around the world when I was younger and it was the best years of my life. My point being, why stay and risk jail or death if you had the money to get out and live a normal life elsewhere?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

I've often wondered. With all the money the mid to high level guys are repordedly making, and the short lifespan some them have, why don't they make enough to leave the country. I mean if you had 300k or 400k you could live a fairly comfortable life in some places around the world. Or at least it would give you a great head start. I have lived and travelled a fair bit around the world when I was younger and it was the best years of my life. My point being, why stay and risk jail or death if you had the money to get out and live a normal life elsewhere?

Then your ma gets shot. There's no getting out, or if you manage it it'll be a hell of a lot harder than that.

ASOT wrote: »
    Then your ma gets shot. There's no getting out, or if you manage it it'll be a hell of a lot harder than that.

I get your point but I wasn't implying stealing the money from people and leaving. I'd imagine some of them save their profits and could get out with no strings attatched.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭The pink killer

They have no interest in living anywhere else there family friends everything is here , most are not very mature for there age either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

I get your point but I wasn't implying stealing the money from people and leaving. I'd imagine some of them save their profits and could get out with no strings attatched.

Its just not that easy unfortunately, I won't get into specifics but if your doing that well that you can save that much how much money are you bringing in for your mate who won't be happy with you leaving.

As said by the poster above most wouldn't want to leave anyway, but if they did itd be difficult.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 416 ✭✭Tommy Kelly

Bateman wrote: »
    Giving it to your mates on tic
    Forgetting who you gave it to
    Getting high yourself
    Gambling it away
    Clobber

It’s not that hard, and all of the above assumes you’re cut out for it in the first place

sometimes it does go missing too.

I know a lad in Athlone that had 10,000 yokes nicked from where he had it hid. II know another lad that went up the field to where he had his sneachta hid and he saw the bag it was in blowing around the field 100 yards away, a prick of a fox found it and probably demolished it. Fox's are supposed to be mad for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,973 ✭✭✭enricoh

Yup, lad in drogheda legged it over a couple of grand debt. One of the boys involved in the ongoing feud called up to his fathers house n got him to ring him. He was told if he didn't come back to face the music his oul lad would be in trouble.
    Another young fella was overwhelmed by debts n the interest they were lobbing on weekly n done himself in. The scum still call up to his ma weekly to get a few quid until his debt is paid up.

A lot to be said for getting the ra back!

Its just not that easy unfortunately, I won't get into specifics but if your doing that well that you can save that much how much money are you bringing in for your mate who won't be happy with you leaving.

As said by the poster above most wouldn't want to leave anyway, but if they did itd be difficult.

Thats an interesting take on it thanks. I haven't a clue to be honest.

enricoh wrote: »
    Yup, lad in drogheda legged it over a couple of grand debt. One of the boys involved in the ongoing feud called up to his fathers house n got him to ring him. He was told if he didn't come back to face the music his oul lad would be in trouble.
    Another young fella was overwhelmed by debts n the interest they were lobbing on weekly n done himself in. The scum still call up to his ma weekly to get a few quid until his debt is paid up.

A lot to be said for getting the ra back!

Sure the ra are up to there neck in it themselves.

• Advertisement

Yellow Rolex's and Minions they were. Them Minions were unreal in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭KM792

Calltocall wrote: »
    KM792 wrote: »
    50 grand debt he was refusing to pay to Flashy apparently....

Was Lee Boylan targeted over a debt?Don't know much about his situation..

So Flashy has the kid murdered and then shows up at his funeral? Jaysus

He did one better...he brought the hitman too.

:pac:
    sometimes it does go missing too.

I know a lad in Athlone that had 10,000 yokes nicked from where he had it hid. II know another lad that went up the field to where he had his sneachta hid and he saw the bag it was in blowing around the field 100 yards away, a prick of a fox found it and probably demolished it. Fox's are supposed to be mad for it.

that's hilarious. Foxes partying up the field riding like rabbits on the yago. lol

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭KM792

Jeff2 wrote: »
    Bateman wrote: »

Some he paid back and that's why he came out of hiding thinking he was safe but then got hit.

Or at least he thought it was paid back.

That's Davis not Boylan.
    His dad signed himself out of hospital the other day,apparently they were in the same one and Lee was brought up to see him....they've seen better days I'm sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,198 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

He did one better...he brought the hitman too.

Explains why the Greens did so well, even drug lords are car pooling.

Think it must be the thrill and the power.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Calltocall

That's Davis not Boylan.
    His dad signed himself out of hospital the other day,apparently they were in the same one and Lee was brought up to see him....they've seen better days I'm sure.

Are Parker, Boylan and the two lads recently murdered all connected to the same feud?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

I'm sorry but that is just nonsense

No it's not, it's the oldest trick in the book to get new customers. It's been going on since the Dunne brothers started bringing sack loads of heroin into Dublin in the 70s.

K.Flyer wrote: »
    No it's not, it's the oldest trick in the book to get new customers. It's been going on since the Dunne brothers started bringing sack loads of heroin into Dublin in the 70s.

Cocaine dealers don't do that. Cocaine lads are sound enough that way.

K.Flyer wrote: »

I grew up inn Coolock in late 70s mid 80s and was involved in the rave scene when it exploded in Dublin. Given I'm a lot older now and live a somewhat sheltered life. But in my experience drug dealers don't generally give drugs away.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭Fan of Netflix

Hi did flashy show up at either of the recent funerals
    No but he showed up in this thread the other night and got banned, wanted to have a straightener with a few people.

• Advertisement

No but he showed up in this thread the other night and got banned, wanted to have a straightener with a few people.

:D:D

What a ridiculous name "Mr Flashy" Sounds like one of them Mr Men like mr Uppity.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭gmufc19

Just met a Chinese drug addict. He said 'Have you seen my cocaine'? I said 'Not since he starred in The Italian Job'.

gmufc19 wrote: »
    Just met a Chinese drug addict. He said 'Have you seen my cocaine'? I said 'Not since he starred in The Italian Job'.

:D:D Thats a bit racist, but very funny:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 229 ✭✭anacc

Cocaine dealers don't do that. Cocaine lads are sound enough that way.

They don’t need to, there’s enough demand already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

[..]But in my experience drug dealers don't generally give drugs away.

I'm specifically refering back to the 70s and 80s, street dealers would give some away, but there was usually always a price to pay.

If that was him, he is a 14yr old mind in am adult body, with access to guns.

He'll be dead by 30, no loss.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭The Enbalmer

I suppose it's all been deleted? 🙄

That wasnt him in this thread just some troll the dude would be too busy worrying about his own life than be arguing with people on boards.

Danzy wrote: »
    If that was him, he is a 14yr old mind in am adult body, with access to guns.

He'll be dead by 30, no loss.
    I think it was, was posting like you would expect. There was another poster on here begging for him and his family to be whacked, seemed to get under his skin

• Advertisement

That wasnt him in this thread just some troll the dude would be too busy worrying about his own life than be arguing with people on boards.
    He'd have plenty of free time, plenty of dealers have posted in this thread and previous threads like this. Even more read it. Seemed to take certain posts very personally, didn't seem like a troll to me but can't be sure. He was sending his number out to a few.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

Im gonna go out on a limb here and reckon flashy isn't really the boards type, but I really really hope it was, how amazing would that be

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭trixiebust

gmufc19 wrote: »

Post of the day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

For all the gangsters reading if you've somehow managed to save 100k, off to Thailand with you, yolo

IvoryTower wrote: »
    Im gonna go out on a limb here and reckon flashy isn't really the boards type, but I really really hope it was, how amazing would that be
    It's not that unbelievable, even McGregor used to post on boards. He's hardly Kinahan level!

Mind you the whistleblower chap was fairly certain Kinahan was sending messages to him on anon twitter accounts.

Haha are you saying that butterly, my butterly, was Mr Flashy?

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭hugs_for_drugs

He'd have plenty of free time, plenty of dealers have posted in this thread and previous threads like this. Even more read it. Seemed to take certain posts very personally, didn't seem like a troll to me but can't be sure. He was sending his number out to a few.

Does anyone still have the number?
    The account was aloneagain or something like that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

Bleedin' margarine ater.

Does anyone still have the number?
    The account was aloneagain or something like that?
    All posts were deleted think he got sitebanned https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/member.php?u=906025

• Advertisement

All posts were deleted think he got sitebanned https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/member.php?u=906025

Your thinking is right but unfortunately it was a troll.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

Yeah they call him that 'cos he stashes the charlie in empty Utterly Butterly cartons.

Your thinking is right but unfortunately it was a troll.
    Thats a different account? Space in the between

Thats a different account?

Yes from 3 years ago, he was a good troll in the first big gangland Dublin thread.

Yes from 3 years ago, he was a good troll in the first big gangland Dublin thread.
    Seerscryer?

Seerscryer?

Me?
    I believe seerscryer and soarsean were hacks at the time of the big thread.

• Advertisement

Me?
    I believe seerscryer and soarsean were hacks at the time of the big thread.
    Nah I meant that other account AA. I remember seerscryer, the original whistleblower on twitter! I was a regular on that old big gangland thread also.....some good info still on there too

speaking of hacks.....https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/member.php?u=878424

doubt that was his only account

speaking of hacks.....https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/member.php?u=878424

doubt that was his only account

He came on to the Dublin gangland thread with his full name after a poster called out a journo club posting there, very informative and genuinely came across as a sound bloke, whether I agreed with him on certain things was a different story :)

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭Righteouswrong

was it the superstar dj shot at outside the Kilmore flats the other day?

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭El_Bee

It's not that unbelievable, even McGregor used to post on boards. He's hardly Kinahan level!

Well......

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement