Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aerlingus AerClub/Avios

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46 stack0487

You can use the lounge in Shannon and the EI lounge in LHR on the way back

Access in LHR BA T3/5 only if Platinum or better

That’s great to know, thanks. Didn’t realise I could use the EI lounge with a BA ticket

• Registered Users Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

If there is Shamrock on the tail of the plane you are flying on you have access where available.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 ganreo

One of the benefits of concierge is: 'Nominate a Green tier companion to receive Silver AerClub Membership'

How exactly do you process this request?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭RMDrive

ganreo wrote: »
    One of the benefits of concierge is: 'Nominate a Green tier companion to receive Silver AerClub Membership'

How exactly do you process this request?

Thanks

I just e-mailed the concierge e-mail address and job done.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,018 ✭✭✭Casati

Are you sure that platinum will give you access to BA lounge? That’s a much better lounge that the EI in LHR

• Advertisement

https://www.aerlingus.com/travel-information/airport-information/airport-lounges/#/tab-2-lounge-access
    AerClub Concierge and Platinum members also have access to the British Airways Lounge in London Heathrow when travelling onwards on a through-ticket with British Airways. This means that your ticket must have an Aer Lingus and British Airways flight on the same ticket/booking. If separate tickets/bookings have been issued then British Airways lounge access won't be available.

The lounge dragons in LHR T3/T5 galleries lounge rarely know the rules so be sure to request to review the entry rules book

Used this many times, I wouldn't really be excited about the BA lounge it has food

A friend used to chase status with BA referred to the food choices as a choice of green goo, brown goo or yellow goo....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Casati wrote: »
    Are you sure that platinum will give you access to BA lounge? That’s a much better lounge that the EI in LHR

Different terminal though,you wouldn't want to be using the EI lounge anyway if flying out of T5 or T3,nor would you have access flying BA

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭banchang

Mmmm about to book a hotel for a couple of nights in the UK.

On the Avios website (using hotels.com) its quoting me £225 but the same booking on the hotels.com app is just EUR 205 - not worth paying extra to get these 'free' points.

Some of the other retailers pages on the avios website are not working either, overall it's a joke of a programme and how someone still has a job given tbe constant negative feedback says a lot.

I had the same on Agoda. As I wanted the Avios points, I finalised the booking though the Avios Agoda & claimed the difference back from Agoda successfully.

It was, after all, 2 Agoda screens simultaneously side by side, the one through the Avios portal mysteriously (!) showing a higher price. They emailed me back promptly & said my claim was valid.

Learning : always check.

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭Board Walker

If flying BA?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭SB Morer

What’s going on with the Aer Lingus eStore and Avios.com? I haven’t been able to get into either for the last few days. Avios.com says ‘We seem to be experiencing some difficulties. Please try again later’. The Aer Lingus Avios eStore is telling me I’m inputting an incorrect username or password. I know I’m entering the correct username and password and they work fine on the main Aer Lingus page. Anyone else having a similar problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Dublinflyer

I am getting incorrect password on the mobile app randomly for almost a week. I think they did an update and it has not gone well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

SB Morer wrote: »
    What’s going on with the Aer Lingus eStore and Avios.com? I haven’t been able to get into either for the last few days. Avios.com says ‘We seem to be experiencing some difficulties. Please try again later’. The Aer Lingus Avios eStore is telling me I’m inputting an incorrect username or password. I know I’m entering the correct username and password and they work fine on the main Aer Lingus page. Anyone else having a similar problem?

AerLingus eStore has been down for about a week from what I can see, says:

We are sorry!

We are improving our website at the moment. Please come back later.

Seems to be back now

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭SB Morer

Van.Bosch wrote: »
    Seems to be back now

I still can’t get in :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Dublinflyer

I got int the M&S store and was able to make a few purchases last night but can't this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭BigMoose

Bizarrely I couldn't log in at all last night but can this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 1,607 ✭✭✭tony1980

Does anyone know if Terminal 5 at O Hare has a lounge where you can purchase access on the day?

tony1980 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if Terminal 5 at O Hare has a lounge where you can purchase access on the day?

Yeah the Air France KLM lounge does,it’s 30 for a max of 3 hrs but it’s unlikely they’ll come looking to throw you out after 4 or 5 hours if needed,it’s €30 per person

https://www.loungepass.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=findyourlounge.lounge&lounge_code=ORD8AIR

It’s got a lot of beer! and food

https://www.travelcodex.com/review-air-france-lounge-chicago-ohare-a-priority-pass-lounge/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭VG31

Mortelaro wrote: »
    Yeah the Air France KLM lounge does,it’s 30 for a max of 3 hrs but it’s unlikely they’ll come looking to throw you out after 4 or 5 hours if needed,it’s €30 per person

https://www.loungepass.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=findyourlounge.lounge&lounge_code=ORD8AIR

Just to let you know, you can earn 12 Avios per €1 on Lounge Pass.

• Advertisement

VG31 wrote: »
    Just to let you know, you can earn 12 Avios per €1 on Lounge Pass.

:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,607 ✭✭✭tony1980

Mortelaro wrote: »

It’s got a lot of beer! and food

https://www.travelcodex.com/review-air-france-lounge-chicago-ohare-a-priority-pass-lounge/

Was looking forward to trying it but can’t get through security until 4.30. No bag drop at Aer Lingus, have to wait until 4.30 for them to open and then go through security. Probably not worth it at that stage.

Do you not get points with stobart now?

0 Avios and 0 Tier credits.

I'm approaching platinum and the amount of points i get lately is 7.5 each way. Ridiculous!

Do you not get points with stobart now?

0 Avios and 0 Tier credits.

I'm approaching platinum and the amount of points i get lately is 7.5 each way. Ridiculous!

Was that booking made with Avios?

Otherwise you should get some points and 7.5 credits minimum.

No it was done through our booking agency in work as it always is.

It has to be ticketed on Aer Lingus, if it was sold as BAxxxx then it won't earn

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭kennypowers

I cant login still .I have e mailed avios but am still awaiting a reply.

It has to be ticketed on Aer Lingus, if it was sold as BAxxxx then it won't earn

its got a EI Reservation number starting with 2, not sure what airline it was purchased through but we always use the same travel agent anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭willowthewisp

Trying to book a hotel using avios points but can’t login to the “spend avios” section. Anyone else have similar issues?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,760 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

So bottled sparkling water the latest victim in Aer Lingus lounge ffs.

Advertisement