Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Stellar XLM

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,878 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

FYI u need a github account or a hackwrnews account registered before the announcement. So u can't go signing up to github to get the airdrop.

Luckily I already had a github account.

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Pablo_Flox

No wonder the price is so low when they are giving away so many for free.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

Can't believe people still complain about low prices of crypto.. fn buying everything rn.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,757 ✭✭✭el diablo

JJJJNR wrote: »
    Can't believe people still complain about low prices of crypto.. fn buying everything rn.

Nah, the vast majority of these ****coins will never have another bull market. You need to be extremely selective about which altcoins you purchase.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

Would have said the same thing in Jan but plenty have had mini bull runs which have turned profits.

BAT went on a epic run from 7c to 2x or whatever xlm went from 6 to 14c.

Some of the coins which were 6c in Jan are trading at 1c now, huge for the hodl imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭makeorbrake

Pablo_Flox wrote: »
    No wonder the price is so low when they are giving away so many for free.

In the short term, I think the move is a bad one for those that are holding XLM. I'd imagine prices will drop further.

Other than that, it's an interesting (if expensive!) approach. From what I can see, Stellar is good to go for the use case its pointing towards (although maybe they have not made it properly decentralised yet...). Trying to get adoption / on-boarding is the nettle that has to be grasped somehow.

One thing I would definitely question.....

They're driving a shed tonne of tokens through the Keybase platform - to the value of $120 million. Surely they'd have had a word with them and asked them to do a better job with their bloody website!!! It doesn't inspire confidence....much less explain how the platform works, etc.

I am reading that it is a 10% dilution of tokens... The price is going to bomb even lower.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,933 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Installed the keybase.io app, have a long-term GitHub that I use for tracking some other projects so I qualified for the airdrop.
    Holding @1k XLM via airdrops currently, will see what comes of the keybase airdrop and what effect the dilution has on value.

The hope IMO will be that XLM and instant send on keybase will replace some quick pay options such as PayPal, Venmo and similar stateside.
    And allow some kind of collaboration around payments and instant earn for developers?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

What’s the catch here, lads? Who is losing out? After getting a load of messages about this. I maintain a popular github repository which takes my earlier work on encryption in python and applies it to Rust. Am I entitled to a load of magic beans? How do I get them, and can I sell them 20 minutes later for cash? If I get a load of them then I’ll sell them for a quarter or what they are worth in return for fiat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Signed up there using a Github account I last used in 2014 :)

What’s the catch here, lads? Who is losing out? After getting a load of messages about this. I maintain a popular github repository which takes my earlier work on encryption in python and applies it to Rust. Am I entitled to a load of magic beans? How do I get them, and can I sell them 20 minutes later for cash? If I get a load of them then I’ll sell them for a quarter or what they are worth in return for fiat.

Usually my 1st instinct in something like this is...
    If its free, you are the product.

The immediate catch is the dilution of the value of circulating XLM supply, I would guess.
    The integration of crypto wallets into an encrypted messaging and file sharing platform, at 1st glance appears as if it might make monetisation difficult.
    But.
    If it becomes popular, especially as a means of transferring crypto or paying collaborators.
    It presents an inherent earning opportunity for the apps owners in the use of transaction fees.

I am seeing it as an effort to monetize repos in the long term and the giveaway is an effort to buy a significant user base.

Take a simple Kodi repo as an example.
    Might have a single maintainer, and tens of thousands of users.
    Maintainer moves from a "please donate" model to "crypto payment" model where use or access to the repo carries a low transaction cost of a couple of XLM?

I can definitely see the benefits to the creators and to the app owners.
    If XLM or whichever holds a value of even .02c, then it becomes more profitable for creators than please donate.

Just an opinion, but a use case?

Does anyone mind sharing their git account details in PM. My college account was deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

Signed up there using a Github account I last used in 2014 :)

Where?

Anyone got an old redundant Github account they no longer use?

Ta

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 186 ✭✭Kickstart1.3

Got in, thanks JJJJNR.
    Stellar is a very interesting project. Its gaining a lot of traction and use, it must be easy to set up and use.
    Watching the price of XLM it seems to be dropping.
    If all 104 billion lumens were in circulation it would mean each lumen is worth 1 cent. Its gonna take 10 years to reach that level, question is, if stellar gains mass market adoption in 10 years surly each lumen would be worth at least $1000?

Looks like we hit bottom on xlm anyway just filled the bags again..

Anyone who signed up to keybase after September 9th has been kicked out of their airdrop!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Anyone who signed up to keybase after September 9th has been kicked out of their airdrop!

Where'd you see that?

Synode wrote: »
    Where'd you see that?

https://keybase.io/a/i/r/d/r/o/p/spacedrop2019

"UPDATE #2 September 16: HackerNews and GitHub were both under attack by bad actors who hoped to game this by stealing other users' accounts. In cooperation with both of those sites, we've halted Space Drop registration for anyone who wasn't a Keybase user before Sept. 9. SDF and Keybase will discuss, while whining and moaning, how this giveaway can continue. (COME ON PEOPLE OF THE INTERNET, STOP SUCKING SO MUCH!)"

• Advertisement

"UPDATE #2 September 16: HackerNews and GitHub were both under attack by bad actors who hoped to game this by stealing other users' accounts. In cooperation with both of those sites, we've halted Space Drop registration for anyone who wasn't a Keybase user before Sept. 9. SDF and Keybase will discuss, while whining and moaning, how this giveaway can continue. (COME ON PEOPLE OF THE INTERNET, STOP SUCKING SO MUCH!)"

in fairness i did find it weird that a my Gitub account name (very unique btw) looked to have been used.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

So there's no way to get this if you haven't yet registered for Keybase

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,878 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Synode wrote: »
    So there's no way to get this if you haven't yet registered for Keybase

Doesn't look like it now.
    Just luck of the draw.

Dunno why that is, since the point is to spread the coins to more people to increase usage.

Luckily I got in last month when keybase was doing a little quiz bot. Got about €23 worth of coins in the first drop.

BTW, what happened with that Binance coin drop? I looked there and I got 11 coins deposited. Was expecting more. I had 3000 xlm.

Suppose its better than the inflation pool of 0.6, or whatever, a week!

Repo coin mooning on the stellar exchange.

• Advertisement

Screenshot-20191016-163416-Telegram.jpg

#Slt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

• Advertisement

Whelo79 wrote: »

Probably one of the foundations for the current @20% gain?

Bring it.

It was the right thing to do, the airdrops were killing the price as was inflation which they've done away with. The SDF were receiving ridiculous accounts of Lumens through inflation. It's a huge burn though, over 50% of all Lumens in existence.

Did I miss some news or were you just feeling happy yesterday?

Very happy with stellar price.

Nothing like celebrating a €0.0020 price rise in 24 hours!

I earned the price of a coffee yesterday.

Don't knock it! Going the right way

Back to reality both #shx and #slt projects on the stellar exchange are coming out of there accumulation zones.

• Advertisement

banie01 wrote: »
    Installed the keybase.io app, have a long-term GitHub that I use for tracking some other projects so I qualified for the airdrop.
    Holding @1k XLM via airdrops currently, will see what comes of the keybase airdrop and what effect the dilution has on value.

The hope IMO will be that XLM and instant send on keybase will replace some quick pay options such as PayPal, Venmo and similar stateside.
    And allow some kind of collaboration around payments and instant earn for developers?

Thanks to a dual SIM phone, and multiple Reddit and GitHub accounts I picked the Keybase airdrop x2.
    Can only assume many others did the same?

It's a $100 in my pocket, but I will just leave it sit and maybe swap a deposit back and forth between the Keybase accounts to show activity.
    Is the airdrop a multi-phase or single?

but I will just leave it sit and maybe swap a deposit back and forth between the Keybase accounts to show activity.

why?

I got a notification on Friday that the XLM had been airdropped in, and they were there when I checked. But this morning they are not in my account - the keybase wallet shows a balance on 0 with no activity on the account.

Anyone else having a similar issue?

why?

Because there is something else coming down the line from keybase that I have a feeling (unfounded) may be linked in some way to wallet activity.
    So I'll do some back and forth then leave it sit there rather than move to a different wallet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,107 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

I got a notification on Friday that the XLM had been airdropped in, and they were there when I checked. But this morning they are not in my account - the keybase wallet shows a balance on 0 with no activity on the account.

Anyone else having a similar issue?

I got a message in October that I was in the program, but I've heard nothing further and my balance is 0.

[EDIT] - it's apparently going to take a while to deliver to everyone:

Its there now. It was showing 0 all morning but now I can see it again. Maybe the network was under a bit of pressure with all the translations from the airdrop and it caused some problems.

All good now anyway. Bring on next month!

Because there is something else coming down the line from keybase that I have a feeling (unfounded) may be linked in some way to wallet activity.
    So I'll do some back and forth then leave it sit there rather than move to a different wallet.

PM

loyatemu wrote: »
    I got a message in October that I was in the program, but I've heard nothing further and my balance is 0.

[EDIT] - it's apparently going to take a while to deliver to everyone:

I read on twitter its been done alphabetically by username.

my username starts with 'm' and got mine, if that helps

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 186 ✭✭Kickstart1.3

Thanks to a dual SIM phone, and multiple Reddit and GitHub accounts I picked the Keybase airdrop x2.
    Can only assume many others did the same?

It's a $100 in my pocket, but I will just leave it sit and maybe swap a deposit back and forth between the Keybase accounts to show activity.
    Is the airdrop a multi-phase or single?

Did something similar between myself and my daughter. I've ended up with about $100 as well. I don't know about a second airdrop or if you have to keep the lumens to get them but I'm going to sell asap. And while I am positive for the future of stellar, at the moment the whole crypto market looks like its turning bearish again

• Advertisement

If anyone is looking to diversify their airdrop #slt is at an all-time-low at 1slt = 5xlm (ico price) and #shx at 126 shx = 1xlm, my
    portfolio gained 15k xlm this week but settled down to 10k xlm with slight movement on both the above. Mainly buying into Slt at the moment was priced at 50xlm at ath Nov last yesr and could hit that price very quickly in a run (if it happens).

Advertisement