Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stellar XLM

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

el diablo wrote: »
    So is XLM the crypto that Jim Rickards (relatively famous gold bug and crypto hater) has been pumping lately?

contradiction, no?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

el diablo wrote: »
    So is XLM the crypto that Jim Rickards (relatively famous gold bug and crypto hater) has been pumping lately?

Have never heard of him. IBM's head of Blockchain has done a couple of AMA's this week and the news from it is hugely positive for Stellar and XLM.

The dev's have not pumped this coin in anyway. They are very much focused on working on their product rather than making many announcements.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,746 ✭✭✭el diablo

contradiction, no?

I guess. But he's a long time crypto (especially BTC) hater but reckons XLM can gain over 1,000% in the next year. He started pumping it bigly when it was at $0.70+ (now $0.23). :rolleyes: I don't currently hold any XLM (the massive circulating and total supples are a bit of a turn-off. :cool:)

Here's his video.

https://pro.agora.co.uk/p/RKPCHP11/ERKPU362/?Fsid=14ce797a-f5ad-4a60-95f3-b7e43bafdabb&a=5&o=78147&s=99051&u=23151&l=842728&r=MC2&vid=6eUjaa&g=0&h=true

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

Great results from a test carried out on the Stellar network a couple of days ago.

https://medium.com/@heir/results-from-heirs-recent-stellar-org-network-performance-test-next-steps-e2a2c35032a5

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭moneymad

Bought 2000 lumens today.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 7,859 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

May wasn't a great month for XLM.
    June not great so far.

I wonder is it worth trading to another coin that's holding stable, while XLM keeps creeping down, then buy in a while when it gets lower?

I plan on having XLM long term but just trying to figure out if I can squeeze a few more lumens out.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭ceroc81

I wonder how many of these  boards members know what they actually have now.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=91584316

I just cashed mine in for over 300 USD

I was just browsing these forums again and low and behold I actually transfered my account to the new system so I had 4500 stellar 'coins'. I cashed them in a few weeks ago and netted me 1100€, not bad for a half an hour work 4 years ago.

Launching soon https://www.stellarx.com/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭makeorbrake

Whelo79 wrote: »

Simply don't have the time to research every single crypto. For those of you vested in XLM, what in nutshell does it offer? What is it aimed towards and how does it do it better than any other coins that may be targeting the same thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

For those of you vested in XLM, what in nutshell does it offer? What is it aimed towards and how does it do it better than any other coins that may be targeting the same thing?

It's a decentralised and protocol-updated version of Ripple set up by the guy who initially created Ripple.

Aims to do the same kind of thing as Ripple re:remittance and has IBM fist deep in their poop.

Lumens are up 30% in the last 24hrs and just shy of 60% in the last 7 days. Nice to see after a long slow downward trend.

#6 on CMC today now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,859 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Any idea what's causing it?

The_B_Man wrote: »
    Any idea what's causing it?

Most of it will be accounted for by the upswing in the BTC price over the last few days. Presumably the announcement of USD Anchor will also help. I don't follow XLM in any detail so perhaps those that do will be aware of other Stellar -specific aspects that may be relevant.

Here is a pretty good video which gives a great rundown behind the recent gains and the potential of Stellar/XLM overall. It's 15 minutes long but covers great detail and is definitely worth a watch by anyone invested in XLM, thinking of investing in it or who has no idea what it is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBoLxuh5Qyg&feature=youtu.be

Here is a pretty good video which gives a great rundown..

Thanks for that. Beyond decentralisation, what does it do better than Ripple in terms of inter bank money transfers? Are the low tx fees achieved at the expense of anything else?

https://cryptocoinspy.com/stellar-xlm-partnership-announcements-a-bright-future-ahead/

There's a nice conclusion to this article. Hiding in plain site. I'm not sure why anyone would not be getting into this project at .30c a coin. If it's not AT LEAST $2 a coin by the end of the year I'll eat my hat.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,035 ✭✭✭OU812

https://cryptocoinspy.com/stellar-xlm-partnership-announcements-a-bright-future-ahead/

There's a nice conclusion to this article. Hiding in plain site. I'm not sure why anyone would not be getting into this project at .30c a coin. If it's not AT LEAST $2 a coin by the end of the year I'll eat my hat.

QFT. ðŸ˜

• Advertisement

A big new partnership for Stellar. Handling cross boarder payments. Stellar is really growing in this region.

https://bcfocus.com/news/transferto-stellar-cross-border-payments/19410/

A big new partnership for Stellar. Handling cross boarder payments. Stellar is really growing in this region.

https://bcfocus.com/news/transferto-stellar-cross-border-payments/19410/

So this application is exactly the same as what Ripple is currently used for (in this particular instance)? What does Stellar do better than Ripple for inter-institutional money transfers?

I have to say I like the projects that are now starting to turn towards industry collaboration - they're the ones that will survive. IBM are heavily involved - is stellar paired up with any other large entities?

So this application is exactly the same as what Ripple is currently used for (in this particular instance)? What does Stellar do better than Ripple for inter-institutional money transfers?

I have to say I like the projects that are now starting to turn towards industry collaboration - they're the ones that will survive. IBM are heavily involved - is stellar paired up with any other large entities?

There is little difference in that aspect that I am aware of other than banks signing up with ripple do not require the xrp token. XLM runs everything on the Stellar network and XLM are used as the crossbridge for every exchange.

Stellar have announced cross boarder transactions have been in operation for a long time now, particularly in Asia I believe. They are also speaking with several central banks. There is a post from a couple of months back highlighting which banks are in talks etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭False Prophet

As in the end of this year? Very unlikely will do that unless the crazyness that happened last dec/jan returns and its the ripple of that time.

2$ a coin is a extremely high valuation and surely near its limit to growth. are you expecting it to be over 3$ by end of 2019? 4$ in 2020?

That said i think its relative safe bet (relative in crypto world) even if crypto crashes it should rebound over time as for me its one of the few good ones

• Registered Users Posts: 5,746 ✭✭✭el diablo

Free $25 XLM giveaway.

https://www.blockchain.com/getcrypto
    Why are you giving away free crypto?
    At Blockchain, we’re passionate about connecting the world to crypto and helping our users interact with crypto assets in a safe and easy way. The first step to becoming an active participant in the crypto ecosystem is getting a crypto asset. By offering XLM to our users for free, we hope to help build a bigger community of crypto users.

What are you giving away?
    We have partnered with the Stellar Development Foundation to give free Stellar Lumens (XLM) to Blockchain Wallet users. XLM is a token that enables quick, low cost worldwide transactions. Learn more here. Whether you already own crypto, or are crypto curious, this is your chance to help build the future of finance.

What do I need to do to receive XLM?
    We’ll send you an email with instructions when it’s your turn to claim your XLM. You’ll need to have a Blockchain Wallet to receive your funds. If you already have one - great! No need to create another. We will also require participants to verify their identity to ensure that no one is trying to claim more XLM than they are entitled to (one XLM distribution per person, unless participating in any bonus activities). You can still use your Blockchain Wallet without verifying.

How much XLM will I receive?
    Once your identity has been verified, you will receive $25 worth of XLM. This is just the beginning. By verifying your identity, you will be automatically entered into additional giveaways.

What can I do with my XLM?
    It’s up to you! XLM was designed to be used to transact with your friends and family across the globe in seconds.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 17,792 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

"It’s up to you! XLM was designed to be used to transact with your friends and family across the globe in seconds."

Yeah but none of the crypto infrastructure was designed for family/friends, so a long way off on that front

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    "It’s up to you! XLM was designed to be used to transact with your friends and family across the globe in seconds."

Yeah but none of the crypto infrastructure was designed for family/friends, so a long way off on that front

There's a lot more work to be done to make it more accessible to people other than geeks. Dash recently facilitated sending crypto via text with phone number/email as the reference rather than the long crypto address.

DAFT TEXT

Not fully whats needed but signs of movement in the right direction.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,792 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

There's a lot more work to be done to make it more accessible to people other than geeks. Dash recently facilitated sending crypto via text with phone number/email as the reference rather than the long crypto address.

DAFT TEXT

Not fully whats needed but signs of movement in the right direction.

Yup, the day a relative can buy crypto in a few safe steps and get it stored and insured, that will be a big step (of course most will likely buy it as an investment like most of us do anyway)

Advertisement