Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stellar XLM

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

The Mobius public ICO begins on the 18th January and they will only accept XLM from people looking to buy in. The Mobius pre-sale was pretty much invite only apparently and they raised $30m.

This will hopefully kickstart a nice run up for Stellar with their 2018 roadmap due out on the 25th I believe and then FairX Beta testing starting early February.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

I don't know if this is a good endorsement or not at this stage :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Whelo79 wrote: »

First thought that went through my head as well…

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

guy is full of sh*t and probably about to ruin a very good coin

now considering dumping when the inevitable pump happens

• Advertisement

It's already done. Went up about 800sats and dropped back down about 700. Hopefully that cleared out a few sell orders as there were a lot of walls up stopping progress.

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Nika Bolokov

Yeah it's 4 years old , nothing until December and now it's going to change the world.

I think code updates even stopped in 2015 as per GitHub.

It's a great protocol but the Lumens are really secondary to the underlying network.

It would be great to see it take off and not become just a gambling option in the current environment.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

The man is a complete headcase. He's fully aware that bots are set to react to his posts and can manipulate prices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

He’s probably just exited because he found out that Belize mercenaries are now accepting Lumens.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,483 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

Big drop. Down to $0.48 this morning.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,926 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

A lot of red across the board today...

A Dutch article predicting a potential 1000% increase in Lumens in 2018

https://slimbeleggen.com/trends/cryptomunt-maakt-volgens-4-experts-meeste-kans-om-1-000-stijgen-2018/

They do say the price by the end of 2018 could range between .75c and $20. They are really leaving some wriggle room for themselves with that prediction :D

I'd wet my pants if it went to $5. I'd require urgent medical attention if it went to $10.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

https://slimbeleggen.com/trends/cryptomunt-maakt-volgens-4-experts-meeste-kans-om-1-000-stijgen-2018/

They do say the price by the end of 2018 could range between .75c and $20. They are really leaving some wriggle room for themselves with that prediction :D

I'd wet my pants if it went to $5. I'd require urgent medical attention if it went to $10.

Articles like that should really be ignored.

Go multiple XLM circulating supply by $20 and see where is ends up in the Top 10 list and then come back and tell me it's still feasible by 2019?

The best we could all hope for is the highest single digit dollar figure possible, and even at that would require the overall crypto market cap probably multiplying by x3 or even x4

That's my 2 cents worth

Articles like that should really be ignored.

Go multiple XLM circulating supply by $20 and see where is ends up in the Top 10 list and then come back and tell me it's still feasible by 2019?

The best we could all hope for is the highest single digit dollar figure possible, and even at that would require the overall crypto market cap probably multiplying by x3 or even x4

That's my 2 cents worth

Yeah I agree, they are way out with their $20 figure. I was just laughing at the large margin for error they left themselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Shauny2010

I think the price drop could have been caused by kraken issuing the lumens to Bitcoin holders

• Registered Users Posts: 18,394 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Shauny2010 wrote: »
    I think the price drop could have been caused by kraken issuing the lumens to Bitcoin holders
    There was a price drop right across almost all cryptos not just Lumen and/or BC.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

its on a downward trend . I hope to get some more around when it hits 4000sats

• Registered Users Posts: 6,483 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

For the past 4 days it has been gaining, albeit slowly.

I wouldn't wait too long. Their roadmap is being released on the 25th.

As a matter of curiosity, it's at 4109sats now. Would you judge that as close enough or wait to drop lower? This is the bit I always find odd for people who continue to wait. That 109sats is about .01c then people get left regretting not getting in when they could and the coin is on the rise.

Another pretty strong article on XLM here https://btcmanager.com/stellar-lumens-takes-top-cryptocurrency/

Take from it what you will.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

398 on coinmarketcap right now, up and down over the weekend, but most coins down today.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,035 ✭✭✭OU812

Lads, Little help here.

I didn't even know I had an account with it, Never use the email account for anything & for some reason I signed up when the original thing went around.

I went to log in & Safari had luckily saved my password.

According to the account details I have: 1100.999975 STR

So... What does this mean exactly? According to Hulacoins.com, it's worth €410.34 - is this right?

It's saying I need to upgrade - How?

I have a coinbase account, can I get this transferred into it?

If it worth sitting on it?

A nice read here from a blog post on the Stellar website https://www.stellar.org/blog/Q1-2018-stellar-and-state-of-crypto/

And also an interesting Stellar related tweet from the co-founder of Reddit https://twitter.com/alexisohanian/status/955531298902228992

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭moneymad

I believe they will be going to 1000 euro. You probably bought a few thousand at a penny. How's your heart?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

moneymad wrote: »
    I believe they will be going to 1000 euro. You probably bought a few thousand at a penny. How's your heart?
    Is that a prediction you're making about lumens or euros value

Is that a prediction you're making about lumens or euros value
    Euros.

MIT review.
    Real time transactions (2-5 seconds)
    Regulatory compliance
    Automatic currency exchange
    International reach with a single integration
    Cryptographically secure transactions
    Payments that move with the smoothness and speed of email
    Low fee for micro-transactions ($0.01 handles about 600,000 transactions)
    With its Swiss Army Knife-like versatility Stellar has the potential to revamp peer-to-peer transactions on a global scale.

With IBM, KlickEx, Deloitte, Parkway Projects, and Tempo using Stellar for real-world adoption, Stellar lumens’ potential is finally being tapped into. And with everything going according to plan to make Stellar the future of currency exchange, things sure looks bright for the layman’s Ripple.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,237 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

moneymad wrote: »
    Euros.

MIT review.
    Regulatory compliance
    With its Swiss Army Knife-like versatility Stellar has the potential to revamp peer-to-peer transactions on a global scale.

With IBM, KlickEx, Deloitte, Parkway Projects, and Tempo using Stellar for real-world adoption, Stellar lumens’ potential is finally being tapped into. And with everything going according to plan to make Stellar the future of currency exchange, things sure looks bright for the layman’s Ripple.

That would give it an 22 trillion dollar market cap

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

That would give it an 22 trillion dollar market cap

He was saying the value of the euro would drop

• Registered Users Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭stooge

Stripe (who back Stellar) will remove support for Bitcoin payments. hence the price increase today.

• Advertisement

Stellar is an actual technology, that people will actually use. Most other technologies are nothing more than hype.

MIT review.

Regulatory compliance

Bitcoin in its current form is a pos compared to stellar. I own bitcoins since2013.

Advertisement