Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stellar XLM

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

stooge wrote: »
    Stripe (who back Stellar) will remove support for Bitcoin payments. hence the price increase today.

I posted an article from Stripe on that in the alt coin thread yesterday. Interesting read.

XLM just overtaken Litecoin to go to #6 on cmc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭will56

Is it a case of either or for Ripple and XLM or can they both co-exist ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭TheSheriff

will56 wrote: »
    Is it a case of either or for Ripple and XLM or can they both co-exist ?

This is something I would be interested if anyone could weigh in on, whichever project you really look at they are all saying they will be better than the competitors, so its hard to find an unbiased opinion.

I keep a (relatively) small investment in both! Hoping the gains of one will offset any losses from the other.

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭moneymad

Xlm and ripple are both able to exist along side each other.
    Money will pour into both in the coming years.
    Visa have a blockchain which will compete with both. There's plenty of competition.
    Ask yourself would you use xlm yourself? I would.

Why would people think they can't both work at the same time? They are similar but have their own working differences and long terms goals.

Think of all the different banks that exist worldwide. All the different methods there are to currently transfer money around the globe and the people and institutes who would want to transfer money.

Ripple is more aimed at the banking sector and Stellar is aiming for companies and public adoption.

There are also the differences between being centralized and decentralized and for profit (ripple currently hold 60% of all RPX in existence) while Stellar are non profit and their excess supply of XLM are controlled by the Stellar Development Foundation which has no stock or profits passed out to individual investors.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Rumpy Pumpy

There is absolutely no onus on any financial institute to use XRP as part of an implementation of Ripple xCurrent technology. In fact I’m genuinely struggling to see why they would do so, unless they needed access to some sort of ‘digital liquidity’ bound to FIAT. Even then they’d just launch their own version private ledger version of the coin to support such a transfer. The coin is being mixed up with the ripple block chain implementation

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

There is absolutely no onus on any financial institute to use XRP as part of an implementation of Ripple xCurrent technology. In fact I’m genuinely struggling to see why they would do so, unless they needed access to some sort of ‘digital liquidity’ bound to FIAT. Even then they’d just launch their own version private ledger version of the coin to support such a transfer. The coin is being mixed up with the ripple block chain implementation

Yea, I've noticed XLM always seemed to ride on the coat tails of XRP (up and down together) but recent weeks not so much which is good news for XLM and investors see it on its own merits.

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭moneymad

There's a 15BTC buy order sitting on Bittrex at 5123Sat's. That's gonna keep things afloat nicely for a while!

Edit: And just as I say that it got pulled, as did an 8BTC buy order at 5090 Sats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭HONKEY TONK

XLM up to $0.62 this morning. Currently on a nice run

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭ECookie13

Can someone direct me to a nice little guide or tutorial as to how to withdraw stellar from the stellar account on their website, all the way to withdrawing to a bank account ?

Just so I am prepared. Thanks

ECookie13 wrote: »
    Can someone direct me to a nice little guide or tutorial as to how to withdraw stellar from the stellar account on their website, all the way to withdrawing to a bank account ?

Just so I am prepared. Thanks

I joined Kraken

You can go from XLM - Bitcoin - Euro - Withdraw

• Registered Users Posts: 6,035 ✭✭✭OU812

I joined Kraken

Can you buy on there also with credit card?

OU812 wrote: »

I think so.

It looks like you can do the Reverse

Deposit Euro - Bitcoin - XLM

439769.PNG

Kicking myself here

Locked out of my Coinbase where I’ve got bitcoin & cant get verified on kraken because I’m on a work computer. & meanwhile price has gone up 20% or so in 24 hours.

Gah!!!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,719 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

OU812 wrote: »

Don't think so, I've always used SEPA going into Kraken. Credit cards are a very expensive way of buying crypto.

smacl wrote: »
    Don't think so, I've always used SEPA going into Kraken. Credit cards are a very expensive way of buying crypto.

I was probably incorrect.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭ECookie13

I joined Kraken

Much or any fee with that?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭TheSheriff

Don't know if I'd be calling this a "2018 Roadmap", its more like a blogpost, but here it is

https://www.stellar.org/blog/2018-Stellar-Roadmap/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

TheSheriff wrote: »
    Don't know if I'd be calling this a "2018 Roadmap", its more like a blogpost, but here it is

https://www.stellar.org/blog/2018-Stellar-Roadmap/

I can't be the only one to find that a tad bizarre.

• Advertisement

I can't be the only one to find that a tad bizarre.

It reads like an intern wrote it and created a graph in MS Paint

It wasn't heavy on the technical side but there was some very interesting info. SDEX and Lightning being the two biggest pieces of news.

I like how the operate, no fan fair, no hype. Just getting on with the work in the background. 37 partnerships signed up in 2017, that's pretty amazing too. A LOT to come from this company in 2018.

Interesting tweet from fairx re SDEX

https://twitter.com/fairxio/status/956754333260853248

On a nice run at the moment. Would love to see a nice solid weekend of steady progression.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,859 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

It's been dipping there now since Saturday. I bought more there, but if they keep going down, as they're my main coin, i'll have to do some thinking about what to do next...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭garrettod

The_B_Man wrote: »
    It's been dipping there now since Saturday. I bought more there, but if they keep going down, as they're my main coin, i'll have to do some thinking about what to do next...

Just buy even more ;):D

Thanks,

G.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,407 ✭✭✭✭kippy

garrettod wrote: »

The news about issues with Bitcoin in India is impacting everything.

garrettod wrote: »

I usually keep a bit of ETH on Binance for such dips, but I used it all up on that buy-in this morning.

Where do you guys buy?

• Advertisement

I use Binance.
    Give us a shout if you need instructions how to get setup.

Advertisement