Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What anime are you watching or manga are you reading?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Evade wrote: »
    40 hours until more Saki.

Saki? Ok, whatever floats your boat.

Myself...

6iDw5rz.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Evade

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    Saki? Ok, whatever floats your boat.

Myself...

6iDw5rz.jpg
    It's not my way but I respect your beliefs. I hope Yugiri gets a focused episode this season, she's the only one who hasn't had one yet.

Middling first episode of Zombieland Saga Revenge. I have a feeling they weren't planning on a season two so they had to knock the girls back a few steps.

Looks like it's a Saki episode next week.

The first episode of Eighty Six was very good. I usually try to know as little as possible before I watch the first episode and the premise here is pretty interesting. I wonder how open a secret what the drones are really is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Cotts72

From the new series so far..

86: literally have no idea what's going on haha, will hopefully learn more in season 2

Edens Zero: good opening episode, decent storyline

Mars red: nice anime style, like 86 really vague opening will need to watch ep2 to garner interest

Shaman King : enjoyable so far

• Advertisement

Watched the first episode of To Your Eternity
    could see what was coming but still needed a little lie down after
    . Its from the same director of A Silent Voice which was a great movie so high hopes its good.

I was going to skip that but since a Silent Voice is one of my all time favourite films I'll have to watch it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

I was going to skip that but since a Silent Voice is one of my all time favourite films I'll have to watch it.

The manga is part of a Humble Bundle atm.

https://www.humblebundle.com/books/spring-2021-anime-season-books

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭pajor

First time anime poster..
    I've two series on the go atm. Almost done with the second season of Yuru Camp. I don't want to finish it, enjoying it way too much.

The other is Orange. Also about half way through.

Also watched all of The Way of the Househusband in an evening.

Fyi, the garbage PS4 and PS5 Funimation apps have now been updated to be the same as the Switch app. Xbox still to follow.

https://www.funimation.com/blog/2021/04/26/all-new-funimation-app-arrives-on-playstation-4-and-playstation-5/

• Advertisement

It'd be nice if they did the PS3 app too, I still use it for my bedroom TV.

It'd be nice if they did the PS3 app too, I still use it for my bedroom TV.

I doubt the PS3 app will be updated. Truth be told the PS3 app was better than the PS4 version. The old PS4/5/Xbox app was/is a mess.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,849 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Just started Ghost in the Shell SAC 2nd Gig. 2 episodes done so far

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

Recently finished the most recent season of Attack on Titan. Usually find that shows built on mysteries fall apart towards the end but I really liked it.

Don't understand why
    the jaw titan didn't have the skull mask when it was Ymir
    or
    why doesn't Eren's Titan look different when he transformed in the last episode since he has the war hammer power by then

Spoilers for fullmetal alchemist and attack on titan
    What is it with anime having a big reveal that a 1930s style German society exists just outside the characters' view :pac:

Gyan84 wrote: »
    Recently finished the most recent season of Attack on Titan. Usually find that shows built on mysteries fall apart towards the end but I really liked it.

Don't understand why
    the jaw titan didn't have the skull mask when it was Ymir
    or
    why doesn't Eren's Titan look different when he transformed in the last episode since he has the war hammer power by then

Best I could say is
    Ymir didnt fully understand how to use the Jaw Titan, wasnt she buried in the ground for decades before awaking and munching on the guy? Not like there would be many times to change and practice inside the barracks and afterwards. Reiner, Annie and Berthold probably had months if not a year beforehand to try shifting and understanding their powers from the previous wielders.
    Same for Eren, probably doesnt fully know how the WarHammer works, plus the body was just a construct she created so could have just been artistic license on her part

I orered the Darling in the Franxx manga the other day it should be her by Friday. I'm looking forward to seeing how it finishes off the story without the out of no where direction the anime went.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,834 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Demon Slayer: Mugen Train was amazing! It does suffer from not having a season of build up, but they still managed to make a fantastic film. Yet more amazing "poster" scenes throughout, and Inosuke around to give some comedic relief when it starts to get a bit too serious. Sound and visuals were on point as expected, ufotable have set a really high bar. I can see why it broke so many records. Pumped for the future of the franchise.

Did you have to throw on your straw hat?

Did you have to throw on your straw hat?

Yes, I became Luffy for a few hours, worth it! Can't see any other way of seeing it before S2 drops, which is soon enough in Japan. Considering it's a continuation of the story, it's definitely required, and seeing as it only has a UK cinema release date, god knows when it'll be available on streaming platforms on this side of the world.

Yes, I became Luffy for a few hours, worth it! Can't see any other way of seeing it before S2 drops, which is soon enough in Japan. Considering it's a continuation of the story, it's definitely required, and seeing as it only has a UK cinema release date, god knows when it'll be available on streaming platforms on this side of the world.
    Oh, yeah. I had forgotten the series back in about 9 weeks. I live in hope that there'll be something official before then. There has to be. Right. Right!?

It looks like there'll be some confrontation in Higehiro next week.

• Advertisement

If there comes a chance to rent it, or sign up for whatever service is offering it (for a month), then I'll do that. It deserves it.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Stormhawk88

I have to say I watched the demon slayer movie the weekend and it left me a little flat. I think I was just expecting a bit more epicness.

The fight scenes were excellent along with the animation as expected.

I think maybe if I had rewatched the series then watched the movie it would have been better. As someone else said it suffers form not having a whole season of build up.

I also watched it in dub instead of sub which was kinda weird considering I usually watch in sub.

Oh I couldn't do that. I just had a quick listen where you meet the Hashira for the first time. I've yet to hear any dub which sounds as good as the original. You can hear them reading the script, and they lose the tics and nuances of the Japanese version. It sounds like some aren't even trying tbh!

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Stormhawk88

Oh I couldn't do that. I just had a quick listen where you meet the Hashira for the first time. I've yet to hear any dub which sounds as good as the original. You can hear them reading the script, and they lose the tics and nuances of the Japanese version. It sounds like some aren't even trying tbh!

Yeah very sorry I watched it like that I won't be doing it again.

I used to only watch dubs until six years ago and I can't go back now. A lot of it has to do with the stranglehold a few dubbers in the US have. I can't listen to the same small pool of mostly disinterested actors hoping to move on to something better any more. The simildub time constraints don't help at all either.

Thanks Kill la Kill on Netflix for not having a dub and making me switch to subs.

There are some dubs that are better than the original but they are few and far between. Cowboy Bebop and Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex are both better in English for example.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Cotts72

I have to say I watched the demon slayer movie the weekend and it left me a little flat. I think I was just expecting a bit more epicness.

The fight scenes were excellent along with the animation as expected.

I think maybe if I had rewatched the series then watched the movie it would have been better. As someone else said it suffers form not having a whole season of build up.

I also watched it in dub instead of sub which was kinda weird considering I usually watch in sub.

Agreed, felt the same. When I saw 40mims remaining I kinda felt like it was being dragged out.

The final fight to me made no sense and kinda of happened out of no where. I haven't read the manga so not sure whether it was Canon or not from that arc

There are some dubs that are better than the original but they are few and far between. Cowboy Bebop and Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex are both better in English for example.

Baccano, purely for the accents.

Mugen Train will be availablle to stream on the 22nd of June, probably on Funimation.

https://demonslayer-anime.com/

It was announced at the end of March, I thought that would have been bigger news.

• Advertisement

Mugen Train will be availablle to stream on the 22nd of June, probably on Funimation.

https://demonslayer-anime.com/

It was announced at the end of March, I thought that would have been bigger news.

That's US and for digital purchase. The leak on PSN last week was supposed to be preorders but went up for immediate purchase, hence the pirate rips.

Anyone who was able to buy it off psn has now had it removed and have been refunded.

The Funimation app has now been updated on Xbox, also I only just noticed that the VAT has been removed from Funimation subs making it €4.87 per month instead of €5.99.

Advertisement