Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE - head to correct thread if you want to discuss masks again

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭peterofthebr

We(the people) need to call for an investigation to find out who organised the event.. raise it the Dail and keep this going till xmas... #RTEGate :-)

froog wrote: »
    what you said was;

"For workplaces that are deemed essential as long as contacts are traceable, that’s all that matters."

Selective quotation so you can argue a point not made. Disingenuous in the extreme
    For workplaces that are deemed essential as long as contacts are traceable, that’s all that matters. Where I work, for those in jobs that don’t have a desk, 4 people sit together for lunch everyday as long as who sits with whom is controlled.

Note the word “controlled”

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭jams100

Do "guests" get paid to go on the late late show? Say Andrea bochelli, can't see the likes of them doing it for free. Anyone know?
    Edit: Yes, I know about the majority of guests being from the canteen before someone says that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

jams100 wrote: »
    Do "guests" get paid to go on the late late show? Say Andrea bochelli, can't see the likes of them doing it for free. Anyone know?
    Edit: Yes, I know about the majority of guests being from the canteen before someone says that

WOW, see what you did there

Depends if they have something to sell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Oscar Madison

I'm sure that they're feeling the strain a little also so they had a few!

I'm sure that they are plenty of others out there that have done more!

• Registered Users Posts: 39,566 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Not if they are promoting something.

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Thats me

We(the people) need to call for an investigation to find out who organised the event.. raise it the Dail and keep this going till xmas... #RTEGate :-)

Is the RTE essential service at all? I have TVset in home for 15 years. Paying tax for this. It was never able to receive Irish broadcast regardless it was bought in this country. And, given the level of disinformation on the board i feel i have lost nothing except money... Do they return money to deceived customers?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,229 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Think it's fair to say masks aren't worth a ****e.

At this stage, it's a social statement. "Look at me, look how caring I am, I am a great person, look at me following orders like I'm told by authorities"

But anyways, mask compliance is very high so how are cases exploding if they work?

Forget the experts.

Eileen has spoke.

It's amazing how experts across the world have completely different opinions on the right thing to do isn't it?

And you're right, experts never get anything wrong!

Which countries don't wear masks that these experts are from?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Sorolla

I think we all need to calm down

Nobody did anything wrong and the apologies should be accepted and that should be the end of the matter.

If we continue to insult our greatest talent it won’t be long before the BBC or a big US network take them from under our noses

These nice colleagues were obliging a colleague who was going into retirement - it would be very rude to have a mask on for these beautiful momento photos

Could you imaging our hero’s and superstars wearing masks in such a photo?

Cop on ye muppets

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭BringBackMick

In fairness it's all fairly benign if was a random group of people

But they fact is these same people are preaching day in and day out about COVID etiquette, and don't give two seconds to people who disagree with the draconian nature of certain measures.

So as harsh as it is, I don't have much sympathy for them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Thierry12

Can't see how RTE can interview anyone on covid restrictions while this is still in peoples minds..

They are all sliping now

5maw825z4d061.jpg

Thierry12 wrote: »
    They are all sliping now

5maw825z4d061.jpg

classic Freudian slip, #electoratesheepidiots

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭UsBus

I wonder will Miriam O Callaghan and David McCulagh have the humility to avoid commenting on the golf gate lads or people having pints in the street now that they've thrown away any moral authority to do so?

Mccullagh looks uncomfortable in the photos.

But Miriam, how Genuinely clueless do you have to be to throw your arm around someone and pull them in close for a photo at the moment..?? Most people have developed a routine of staying a step back long ago. Either she couldn't resist the photo op or she is completely devoid of cop on... embarrassing for them all, no credibility now

• Registered Users Posts: 13,031 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Well there's no doubt that this isn't the first time they've breached the rules, whether at RTE or elsewhere.

Can we all move on and stop pretending we're doing great during this pandemic.

Well there's no doubt that this isn't the first time they've breached the rules, whether at RTE or elsewhere.

Why did Phil Hogan have to resign?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭garrettod

Sean O'Rourke got the boot over Golf Gate. Should Eileen Dunne and the rest of them face a similar fate?

They most certainly should, and I think it's up to all of us, to press for it. Put pressure on both RTE and our politicans, across all social media, is the way to go, IMHO.

I gather that these are some of the pics.

Thanks,

G.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,226 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

This thread concerns the RTE story currently in the news

Posts discussing masks in a general sense and not in direct reference to the story should be made in the megathread we have for that purpose

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058111744

• Registered Users Posts: 27,033 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

I don't understand why people expect some sort of leadership or direction from media presenters... Do you hold Niall Boylan or Ian Dempsey to the same standard?
    I sure don't, they are personalities, not leaders.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Can we stop hounding Seamus Wolfe and reinstate Ceallary? The mob led by RTE, demanded blood

I watched McCullagh on the news last night interviewing/grilling Minister for Justice and have to say, I felt he’d lost a lot of credibility- if you’re going to hold down the role of holding people to account you need to walk the walk yourself.

Saying that, this will pass- they were idiots for doing what they did, they deserve a good week of ribbing from the general public but look, they’re human.

It’s not just RTÉ though it’s the general public too- went to a chipper last night, you’d swear most in the so called queue had never hear of COVID- no mask, no social distancing- we”re getting a bit lax all round I think

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

It's as if they know the virus is harmless or doesn't exist.
    Its as if they are naive enough to believe this is true.

They don't seem that bright tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

GreeBo wrote: »
    I don't understand why people expect some sort of leadership or direction from media presenters... Do you hold Niall Boylan or Ian Dempsey to the same standard?
    I sure don't, they are personalities, not leaders.
    They have no personality.

We PAY their wages. Its not a normal TV station like TV3

They get both the license fee AND tax payers money. SO YES ...we have a say.

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭ISOP

One rule for RTE staff who are above the law, another for all the plebs who must observe restrictions

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭MelbourneMan

ISOP wrote: »
    One rule for RTE staff who are above the law, another for all the plebs who must observe restrictions

Is the point you are making, that if there was widespread flouting of covid protocols then these RTE personnel should not get the particular focus they are attracting?
    But that since, apart from a group of golfers some months ago, no one else in the country has broken covid protocol, even for a single instance, then these particular RTE workers should be criticised so publicly?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭HerrKuehn

Saying that, this will pass- they were idiots for doing what they did, they deserve a good week of ribbing from the general public but look, they’re human.

Normally I would agree, but it seems at some point in 2020 the rules changed. The appropriate response to a perceived transgression seems to now be the destruction of a persons career. So maybe they should consider their positions?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭pconn062

I think the irony is wonderful. The people who have been tasked with spreading the fear and hysteria over the last few months clearly now showing in private that they don't believe this virus us half as serious as they have been shouting about. Make of that what you will.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,988 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Resign from very high paying, cushy jobs?

You're kidding right?

Not a chance one of these will walk, or be told to walk.
    The mob will move on to something else in a day or two.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,033 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

They have no personality.

We PAY their wages. Its not a normal TV station like TV3

They get both the license fee AND tax payers money. SO YES ...we have a say.

You pay their wages.. Right... And were they working at the time in question?

Advertisement