Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nations cup November 2020 GENERAL THREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,019 ✭✭✭Digifriendly

icdg wrote: »
    Some good news on the TV rights front:

Premier Sports have secured the Irish rights to all games not involving Ireland, so we will be able to see these thankfully.

Ryle Nugent to anchor, something he hasn’t done in a good while, with Rob Kearney in the studio.

https://www.premiersports.com/autumn-nations-cup

This seems a reasonable deal for viewers in ROI. To see all games live here in N. Ireland you need Amazon Prime subscription. Not expensive by any means but I would still prefer a channel which you could record from.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,755 ✭✭✭✭bilston

This seems a reasonable deal for viewers in ROI. To see all games live here in N. Ireland you need Amazon Prime subscription. Not expensive by any means but I would still prefer a channel which you could record from.

I've wondered that about about recordings.

I still have all the matches from the 2018 GS recorded on my Sky Box...but if in the future the likes of Amazon got the rights you wouldn't be able to do that.

I assume the streams will remain available on Amazon for a few days after the matches have been played?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Flaky Finn and Adam Hastings are both injured. Not great for Scotland

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

bilston wrote: »

I assume the streams will remain available on Amazon for a few days after the matches have been played?

Depends on the rights I guess. Tennis seems to stay up but NFL is strictly watch live.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,073 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Burkie1203 wrote: »
    Flaky Finn and Adam Hastings are both injured. Not great for Scotland

No neck dunky next cab off the rank??

Van der Walt qualifies in time for the game, but he's gone to SA for his wedding, and will have to quarantine for 14 days which will bring him past the 16th

• Advertisement

icdg wrote: »
    Depends on the rights I guess. Tennis seems to stay up but NFL is strictly watch live.

I'm trying to remember what they did with their EPL coverage last December, anyone remember if the matches stayed up for a few days.

Strictly live is rubbish in this day and age!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭randomname2005

You would probably need to be a sky subscriber, not sure if NowTV packs will work for this (going on previous experience with Pro14)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,232 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

I presume prime will be geo locked to the uk?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,607 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Boscoirl wrote: »
    I presume prime will be geo locked to the uk?

They will for the home games for us I'd imagine as rRTE have the rights, the England game is a prime exclusive though and isn't being shown on RTE so would assume it'll be available for that

• Registered Users Posts: 9,720 ✭✭✭lertsnim

They will for the home games for us I'd imagine as rRTE have the rights, the England game is a prime exclusive though and isn't being shown on RTE so would assume it'll be available for that

England v Ireland is live on RTE 1 and Channel 4.

• Advertisement

C4 have highlights programme of first weekend of matches on Sun. 15th Nov. at 11.00pm.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

You would probably need to be a sky subscriber, not sure if NowTV packs will work for this (going on previous experience with Pro14)

Different situation. With the Pro14, Premier Sports only hold UK rights and so their coverage is blocked in Ireland. With the Autumn Nations Cup, Premier Sports only hold ROI rights, and their coverage will be blocked in the U.K. This is because Premier Sports don’t operate separate UK and Irish services, they block individual programmes where they are required to and don’t hold the rights in both states.

Will definitely watch all of this but not hugely excited about it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭Mango Joe

Is anyone else like me? I can get no enthusiasm for this tournament whatsoever. The previous 6N has just concluded and next one is just 3 months away yet we have same teams playing each other plus Georgia and Fiji with no spectators at the games.

I really cannot understand how a rugby fan could complain about having International Rugby to look forward to at 7pm on a Friday night after finishing a weeks work?????

You're searching really hard to find something to complain about there - I'll be looking forward to this and couldn't give a damn if there's 50 or 50,000 people in the stands.

Also are you really complaining about the timing when its all COVID delays?

Mango Joe wrote: »
    I really cannot understand how a rugby fan could complain about having International Rugby to look forward to at 7pm on a Friday night after finishing a weeks work?????

You're searching really hard to find something to complain about there - I'll be looking forward to this and couldn't give a damn if there's 50 or 50,000 people in the stands.

Let me give you 4 replies:
    (1) My job does not entail Mon-Friday work with weekends totally free as for other people.
    (2) I'm not complaining simply stating that this particular tournament does not excite me the way the AI's usually do.
    (3) I wish there were spectators at these games. Fact that they're aren't makes them less appealing to me as a viewer with no proper atmosphere. Wales vs Scotland and France vs Ireland were clear examples of this lack of atmosphere.
    (4) I understand the timing but with 6N only a few months away we're going to be seeing teams playing each other in a more competitive tournament shortly anyway.
    To sum up - yes better than nothing I agree but I'm not that excited that's all and I guess I'm not the only one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭UAEguy2020

Mango Joe wrote: »

Ive been dreading it all week :mad: I much rather go home and do nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Dog Botherer

i think it will be nice and fun

Lack of posts in this thread suggests a certain lack of enthusiasm about what is about to happen.

Ireland Team Talk thread is occupying all the chatter

I'll believe it when I see it. Autumn internationals are essentially meaningless competitions yet we always go out to win them. I reckon every match will be full strength with maybe the exception of Georgia but even still we'd want to be guaranteed the four tries.

I believe it now ;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,167 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

France v Fiji is off and it's likely the other Fiji games will be cancelled.
    Bit of a ****show.

France v Fiji is off and it's likely the other Fiji games will be cancelled.
    Bit of a ****show.

Really disappointing for Fiji. There was a big chance for them to compete in a big international tournament. Looks like it is ruined now.

bilston wrote: »
    Really disappointing for Fiji. There was a big chance for them to compete in a big international tournament. Looks like it is ruined now.

Not official as I type but French press conference called off and Wales Online reporting game is off.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-news/france-v-fiji-autumn-nations-19275233

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,248 Mod ✭✭✭✭aloooof

Little did we know last year that we had it so good, when a Typhoon was the cause of games getting called off....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,319 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

Channel 4 just showed their promo for the Autumn Nations Cup before it came back to The Simpsons.

It had Fiji's name included in it even though their games are likely to be cancelled.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Dog Botherer

Georgia probably delighted to be facing Wales next after that scrum performance. One of the most embarrassing set piece displays i’ve ever seen. A few big names are gone from that Georgian pack now but they will munch that Welsh scrum if they don’t make some serious changes.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,151 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Pretty weird watching it on Amazon and they've a bunch of ads ads as if you're watching ITV or Channel 4.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,073 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Can't get prime to work, error 9912

Any ideas lads?

• Advertisement

I don't see anything about the match on amazon prime video.

What's it titled? What should I search for?

Advertisement