Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nations cup November 2020 GENERAL THREAD

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,306 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Until a single service can provide with everything I want to watch, I don't think I will.

I'd settle for most, but yes - I'm in the same boat. Haven't watched legally since I ditched my tv signal a few years back.
    I had hopes for amazon

Can't stand Amazon and won't use them. I really hope it's not Amazon (though I appreciate it would be great for a lot of people).

Unfortunately, but rather topically, my stream has just died. What's the score?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

fitz wrote: »
    To be fair, it's getting more and more confusing about what broadcaster is covering what in different territories.
    Would have taken less time to discover chat channel it was on then posting a reply here :pac:
    But yeah getting fairly ridiculous

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Dog Botherer

Until a single service can provide with everything I want to watch, I don't think I will. I had hopes for amazon

Amazon will own our bodies, souls, and the air our ashes is scattered into before too long. i’ll stick to piracy thanks.

it’s 21-17 to Scotland

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Dog Botherer

just finished 17-28, Scotland got the BP with 3 minutes left. final score really doesn’t reflect Italy’s first half dominance, if they had been more clinical it was theirs to lose.

Apparently those who were watching the game on primevideo didn't get to see any post-match talk, stream ended after final whistle.

Not a good start.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,601 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Considering the squad England have out, Georgia aren't doing horribly so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭conor678

England game isscrappy. Just got a second try there but the back play has been very poor. England have a very enviable pack.

On a side note I really do feel Nidgel Owens has been on the decline as a ref. Very inconsistent decisions

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭fitz

Georgia's maul defence is awful.

I really wish the commentators would shut the f*ck up when the ref/tmo are talking instead of prattling on with inane chat.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭RugbyLover123

Georgia been poorer then I expected so far. Bar 1 scrum penalty their set piece has been poor and I thought they were at least strong there.

They seem petrified any time they are kicked to in their half and just want to get rid of the ball. No sign of an attacking structure.

If England stopped kicking it needlessly they’d have another 1/2 tries.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,724 ✭✭✭✭bilston

Georgia been poorer then I expected so far. Bar 1 scrum penalty their set piece has been poor and I thought they were at least strong there.

They seem petrified any time they are kicked to in their half and just want to get rid of the ball. No sign of an attacking structure.

If England stopped kicking it needlessly they’d have another 1/2 tries.

The challenge for Georgia is can they use these games to progress. Time together and more exposure to top level opposition could and should make them better.

Unfortunately they look like they will lose this one by 50 or 60 points.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭conor678

Very poor game. If I was an English fan I wouldn't know how I feel about these few games. They're winning easy and have a very good pack but there's some questions about succession planning I would be worried about. Youngs is decent on the from foot but don't rate him long term. Rest of the team are decent enough however

• Registered Users Posts: 10,977 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭OldRio

It's on Premier sports
    Perhaps spend 10 seconds to google something than complaining.

And you can **** right off. Prick

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Apparently those who were watching the game on primevideo didn't get to see any post-match talk, stream ended after final whistle.

Not a good start.

They spent most of the half in the Scottish game talking about the England game even when both teams were out for the second half.

OldRio wrote: »
    And you can **** right off. Prick
    tenor.gif

razorblunt wrote: »
    They spent most of the half in the Scottish game talking about the England game even when both teams were out for the second half.
    Many times in the game they were just talking nonsense and if the talk was about the game nothing to do with the play that was currently unfolding.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭Digifriendly

For those who do not have Amazon Prime, there are highlights of both of today's matches uploaded on Youtube via Amazon Prime Video. No cost involved.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juWjYrVgWzk - Italy vs Scotland
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3f58ORb3dz8 - England vs Georgia

Some of commentary and summarising on Amazon of Italy/ Scotland game was twee e.g. calling Van Der Merwe 'Jock the Bok.'

• Registered Users Posts: 16,388 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Six Irish players in the Nation's Cup team of the week.

https://twitter.com/autumnnations/status/1328019360003330054?s=19

• Advertisement

Is Italy vs Fiji still on?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,724 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Is Italy vs Fiji still on?

Nope, 29 positives in the Fiji camp!

• Subscribers Posts: 40,722 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Completely pointless in Scotland playing them now.

Just give all a 28-0 win and hope they are healthy enough to play Georgia in the last round.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭MaybeMaybe

• Registered Users Posts: 17,724 ✭✭✭✭bilston

Tough on Georgia (or maybe Wales:D) as well as they'll only get 3 games instead of 4 and the Fiji/Italy match was the game they'd have been really targeting.

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭Leinstertomas

So effectively England V Ireland and Scotland V France are semi-finals unless a big upset happens next week

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭kingofthekong

bilston wrote: »
    Tough on Georgia (or maybe Wales:D) as well as they'll only get 3 games instead of 4 and the Fiji/Italy match was the game they'd have been really targeting.

defo Wales still hinting for a win lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭kingofthekong

So effectively England V Ireland and Scotland V France are semi-finals unless a big upset happens next week

wait so we could play England twice? didnt realise this was a tournament - tbh ive been looking at them as friendlies

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭UAEguy2020

No France or Scotland unless we lose to Georgia the following week!

Advertisement