Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

12-07-2020, 14:44   #16
cnocbui

A bargain is something no one else wants to buy.
(4) thanks from:
Advertisement
12-07-2020, 14:46   #17
awec

Mod: Rugby, ZTest
It was posted on here numerous times that remote working outside the state came with complications and tax implications and it was rubbished by the usual suspects keen to portray a view that Ireland's MNCs were going to become remote working hubs that employ hardly anyone here. The MNCs enjoy a low corporation tax rate in exchange for providing employment in the state.
Thanks from:
12-07-2020, 14:50   #18
smurgen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus View Post
Did you read and understand the article ? I don’t think you did .
Yep. They're going to get challenged on substance issues and may have to pay more tax as a result. Or keep the bear minimum employees here to satisfy rules. Either was it means employees are going to be relocating, the issue is how many?
12-07-2020, 15:00   #19
Hubertj

Quote:
Originally Posted by smurgen View Post
Yep. They're going to get challenged on substance issues and may have to pay more tax as a result. Or keep the bear minimum employees here to satisfy rules. Either was it means employees are going to be relocating, the issue is how many?
That’s not what the article says. You don’t understand it or you are making things up to suit your own agenda. MNCs advises employees that they would face persona tax liability if they were gone over 6 months. MNCs know they have corporate tax challenges due to where work takes place as you said.
I don’t care either way but get your facts straight.

Last edited by Hubertj; 12-07-2020 at 15:13.
Thanks from:
12-07-2020, 15:24   #20
smurgen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hubertj View Post
That’s not what the article says. You don’t understand it or you are making things up to suit your own agenda. MNCs advises employees that they would face persona tax liability if they were gone over 6 months. MNCs know they have corporate tax challenges due to where work takes place as you said.
I don’t care either way but get your facts straight.
They will. At which point the employee can opt to pay tax in another jurisdiction.the multinational can allow this until their corporate tax is scrutinized by Revenue. They will need to be able to evidence substance in Ireland to avail of the low corporate tax.
Advertisement
12-07-2020, 15:28   #21
Hubertj

Quote:
They will. At which point the employee can opt to pay tax in another jurisdiction.the multinational can allow this until their corporate tax is scrutinized by Revenue. They will need to be able to evidence substance in Ireland to avail of the low corporate tax.
Many have been told to come back within 6 months - where I work, LinkedIn and Google all communicated that to their employees. But you keep peddling whatever you want
(2) thanks from:
12-07-2020, 15:29   #22
JimmyVik

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattS1 View Post
Anyone know why the market in Dublin seems so strong in some areas currently despite CoVid?

Two things have been mentioned supply shortage and people using their mortgage approval before it expires. But on the mortgage approval piece, aren't banks asking for letters to prove you haven't been affected which may moot this point?

Seems overall, it may not be a dead cat bounce and just will remain competitive due to supply.

Cpuncils now saying they are going to buy ex airbnbs or long term lease them. So they wont be coming back to the market to normal buyers either
12-07-2020, 16:10   #23
Bass Reeves

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villa05 View Post
Is the property market a market that only ever rises.

The vast majority of houses in this country were purchased at a price well below current market prices?

With regards to property market, is it not possible for "profit taking" to occur as happens in all other asset markets?

I tried to get an answer to this from our estate agent poster who has gone but they dodged the question all the time
Why would you profit take and pay 33% tax on any profit accrued. As there are costs involved, between solicitors and estate agents along with tax you could be looking at a 40% cost on a 100k profit.

If you decide to rebuy it could cost you another 3-5k in stamp duty, solicitors fees, professional fees. The only time you sell is if you do not intend to repurchase

Last edited by Bass Reeves; 12-07-2020 at 17:38.
12-07-2020, 16:18   #24
Top Dog

Quote:
Working from home will remain just fine, so long add that home is in the state. So it's not going to impact a great number of people who live here.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
12-07-2020, 17:03   #25
ngunners

Quote:
Originally Posted by awec View Post
It was posted on here numerous times that remote working outside the state came with complications and tax implications and it was rubbished by the usual suspects keen to portray a view that Ireland's MNCs were going to become remote working hubs that employ hardly anyone here. The MNCs enjoy a low corporation tax rate in exchange for providing employment in the state.

I know of someone working in a large multi-national who has been allowed to move to permanent remote working in their home country. In order to this, the company will be paying the employee in a different currency. I don’t think many companies will allow this on a large scale but it’s at least a possibility for large companies.
12-07-2020, 17:16   #26
Spring Celebrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngunners View Post
I know of someone working in a large multi-national who has been allowed to move to permanent remote working in their home country. In order to this, the company will be paying the employee in a different currency. I don’t think many companies will allow this on a large scale but it’s at least a possibility for large companies.
Yeah I have a friend who was offered the same deal. He won't hesitate to move to his home country with 50% cheaper houses with a higher standard.
12-07-2020, 18:39   #27
Cyrus

Quote:
You don’t really get how it works , revenue here are generally quite amenable it’s the tax authorities in other countries that tend to be the issue . Spain for example being one particularly aggressive jurisdiction, they will infer permanent establishment for the flimsiest reasons.
(2) thanks from:
12-07-2020, 18:58   #28
sanfranbest

This house was listed last year for 575k, it sold for 675K in Dec 2019, 100K over the asking price,
thats how crazy prices are in some parts of Dublin,,,,,,,,,,
I would guess it was a few Techie's bidding against each other,,,
I know its nice, but a 89 sqm, two bedroom, one bathroom terraced house for 675K,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Thats back to Celtic Tiger madness.
Maybe the Techie's who bought it can now work from home and would rather have a nice four bedroom house on the beach in Wexford for less than they paid for this tiny house,,,,,,

https://www.myhome.ie/residential/br...blin-8/4361567

Working from home will affect a lot of properties in Dublin,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Last edited by sanfranbest; 12-07-2020 at 19:02.
(3) thanks from:
12-07-2020, 19:33   #29
Cyrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanfranbest View Post
This house was listed last year for 575k, it sold for 675K in Dec 2019, 100K over the asking price,
thats how crazy prices are in some parts of Dublin,,,,,,,,,,
I would guess it was a few Techie's bidding against each other,,,
I know its nice, but a 89 sqm, two bedroom, one bathroom terraced house for 675K,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Thats back to Celtic Tiger madness.
Maybe the Techie's who bought it can now work from home and would rather have a nice four bedroom house on the beach in Wexford for less than they paid for this tiny house,,,,,,

https://www.myhome.ie/residential/br...blin-8/4361567

Working from home will affect a lot of properties in Dublin,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
So everyone keeps saying

You understand what the corollary is I assume if this does come to pass ?
12-07-2020, 19:42   #30
sanfranbest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus View Post
So everyone keeps saying

You understand what the corollary is I assume if this does come to pass ?
Yes the corollary will be??????????

If all the high earning Techie's move out of Dublin,,, who will support all the trendy cafes, restaurants and bars in the Camden quarter,,,,,
Portobello is currently Techie central, walking distance to Facebook etc.
(2) thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion