Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dumb/Great Facebook Status {merge} [No Names]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Tetra

Is he friends with said girl on Faceook? Can she see all these posts?

Yes, I think so.
    Old enough to hide in the bushes outside a girls house at 2am without getting grounded for staying out late :)

He's 31...

Here's another one of his gems (I think I posted this before)

"This may sound far-fetched, but I assure you all that it is not. I am considering preparations to plan a run for Washington State Governor. This is a stepping stone on an eventual run for Office of the President of the United States of America.

Thankfully we live in a great country where this is completely possible; where an average American citizen who wishes to make a change can submit his or her bid for the office, and, providing that they are able to obtain the support and backing of their community and others with similar views, can indeed realize this goal.

Many of you know what I stand for; you've been friends and believers for years, offering me support, feedback and guidance. You've told me that you believe that I have the good of the nation and the world in my heart. That I am sincere, dedicated, honest and optimistic. To you I say thanks for motivating me and not giving up on our mutual vision for a better society.

Many of you do not know what I stand for; but you too will soon be informed. In the near future I will be writing up a long article outlining my stances on issues such as education reform, the economy, science, technology and the environment. Woman's rights, abortion and immigration. Foreign policy. Small businesses. The welfare system. Healthcare and more.

What I need from you is to believe. To believe that we can make a change. The understanding that we are on the wrong path and that only we can make the change. I need your support, your eyes and ears, and your mouths and hands to spread the word. I need your faith. And I need your feedback. This is likely the most important of them all. I need to know what is important to YOU as citizens (or inhabitants) of this great United States of America.

I will provide a method for this feedback to be presented. Likely, there will be a website soon on which I will cover all of these issues in a structured and detailed manner. I will provide a means for you to give me your feedback and to ask the feedback of your fellow man/woman. The only way we can make a change for the better is to work together as a people, and it starts right here. Right now.

So for my first request to you my friends, if you support this dream and are willing to back me in this endeavor, I would greatly appreciate a simple "Like" on this status.

Thank you."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭le la rat

How can she not realize what an amazing guy he is?

le la rat wrote: »
    How can she not realize what an amazing guy he is?

She's obviously a slut.

I will say that he has a very good job for a very well known company.

But as my Gran said "there's something missing there...the lift doesn't go all the way to the top" :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

She's obviously a slut.
    Or a lesbian. But I reckon he'll be able to change her.

• Advertisement

Tetra wrote: »
    When people check in at the gym :rolleyes:

"No pain, no big ass burger"
    Ah yes because half an hour strolling on the treadmill (sorry "thread"mill) in full make up while chatting to your friends will earn you enough calories to eat a burger, he he.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,283 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

My hearts inside in my mouth :0 mother of God I got the fright of my life ther. Heard noises out the back so I took a knife out incase someone tryna rob us give them a jab of it.anyway I thought someone was in hiding behind the dogs Penn so I jumped into the Penn towalk through and the dogs thought I was a stranger inthe dark!!!8 dogs ran at me and tore into my legs and arms and abit on my heads bleeding only for me roaring there names they recognised me after a wile. Im destroyed.tore my clothes the pricks. Id love to shoot each one in the head and dump them in a hole
    The dogs obviously just seized their opportunity, using the "dark" as an excuse.

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

54.PNG

:P

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,650 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Ugh. Fb feed chock full of stupid people wishing their mammies happy mother's say.

Say it to her direct by giving her a card ffs :mad:

*only one I have clicked like on is one where a friend's mam died in the last year and she talks about missing her every day.. Other than that, your mam is alive, like I said above give her a card directly.

My mother and I do not and will not get on for reasons I can't go into here but my mates status did make me pause this morning:

"Not one for fb posts like this but making an exception today. Remembering happy memories with our Mum today and how fortunate we are to have had her in our lives. Sadly her life was cut short at only 59 years old less than two weeks ago so be kind to your mum today life is very short, keep an eye on your health and always go with what your body tells you. Off shortly to celebrate the day in the manner she would have liked...a walk in the beautiful sunshine and a bite to eat with a long chat with family!"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

"Sick of being the good guy, it gets you nowhere. Asshole it is"

Nah, mate. Try not being creepy and desperate with yer mates with a few beers on ya.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,842 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Is it possible you and Tetra know the same guy? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Pushtrak wrote: »

Seen that before and asked what if your number was 1221. The post was deleted the next time I logged on :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭FreeFallin94

This girl I am friends with on FB has had a fairly hectic few months. She moved in with her boyfriend of 2 weeks, and declared it was true love. She has a son, and was calling this guy his dad- despite the fact that he is not and as I said, they were together for approx 2 weeks. He proposed to her after exactly 1 month (and on Valentine's day), 2 weeks ago she was going on about how in love and happy she was.

Anyway a few days ago she posted this:

"Love song writing a bit of rap bout how I'm feeling xx
    I'm finally single I feel so free, its time to put my life first, and forget hw u treated me, time to start fresh, and time to move on forget the past few months wiv u and be strong for hu I am."

The engagement is off, apparently, which is a pity because I was looking forward to seeing that wedding :D They were literally together for 3 months. The most dramatic and over the top relationship I have ever witnessed!

I am also hoping that she continues to post some of her rap lyrics on FB- think that could end up quite entertaining!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

Grayditch wrote: »
    "Sick of being the good guy, it gets you nowhere. Asshole it is"

Nah, mate. Try not being creepy and desperate with yer mates with a few beers on ya.

Ahhh "nice guy syndrome". Reminds me of: http://okcupidsniceguys.tumblr.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭Custardpi

Ahhh "nice guy syndrome". Reminds me of: http://okcupidsniceguys.tumblr.com/

Not sure I get that. Are those actual guys' dating profiles? :eek: To be fair to them at least they're honest & up front about their sociopathy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭BNMC

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

A Facebook-worthy accomplishment if I ever saw one :rolleyes:

rawn wrote: »
    I'm just outraged your man at the bottom thinks it's a cupboard.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

rawn wrote: »

Better than sticking up a pic of a cat or a made up Marilyn Monroe quote imo. I post about the minutiae of my life all the time like the unflushable poo in the work toilet or how long my nostril hair is getting. It'll be great for when I'm in my dotage I'll be able to scroll through my timeline and reminisce wistfully about how painfully dull my day to day life was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Axel Lamp

Stay at home mom at full time yummy mummy & i ♥ it xxxx
    After 19 yrs in my house loads memorys for me and my lovely family hsving all me lovely family staying here its coming to an end yeah were moving its like I lock the taughts and memorys in my heart thr same way iam guna unlock our new house door thr.memorys are locked in my heart new beginnings can't wait now xxxxx
    Ppl do me head being so mean my god well fxxk you — feeling annoyed at My Lovely Bed :):)x.

A typical 'U OK Hun xxxx' type

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭Festy

This girl I am friends with on FB has had a fairly hectic few months. She moved in with her boyfriend of 2 weeks, and declared it was true love. She has a son, and was calling this guy his dad- despite the fact that he is not and as I said, they were together for approx 2 weeks. He proposed to her after exactly 1 month (and on Valentine's day), 2 weeks ago she was going on about how in love and happy she was.

Anyway a few days ago she posted this:

"Love song writing a bit of rap bout how I'm feeling xx
    I'm finally single I feel so free, its time to put my life first, and forget hw u treated me, time to start fresh, and time to move on forget the past few months wiv u and be strong for hu I am."

The engagement is off, apparently, which is a pity because I was looking forward to seeing that wedding :D They were literally together for 3 months. The most dramatic and over the top relationship I have ever witnessed!

I am also hoping that she continues to post some of her rap lyrics on FB- think that could end up quite entertaining!

Good auld Teresa, what will she get into next ? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

Custardpi wrote: »
    Not sure I get that. Are those actual guys' dating profiles? :eek: To be fair to them at least they're honest & up front about their sociopathy.

yes, yes they are, and I'd say more bitter than 'upfront'.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

It's amazing how certain people can BULL**** their way through life, Making up lies and Eventually Believing their own lies, trying to pull the wool over people's eyes, Always finding a way of Blaming others for what's going on OR for whats happened to them, even tho it's a result of their own actions, they will use others as scapegoats for their own lack of responsibility. When the truth is they have no one to blame but themselves....these types of people are unbelievably selfish and do not care who they hurt or lie about in the process, BUT these people will eventually end up ALONE in life, full or regret, with no one to lie to or blame anymore but themselves!!!

This is followed up by a few more rants about people speculating about who it is and the one who wrote it pretty much names the person it's about.

Facebook really should have a 10 minute delay mechanism where angry people can cool down before actually posting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,512 ✭✭✭Muise...

This is followed up by a few more rants about people speculating about who it is and the one who wrote it pretty much names the person it's about.

Facebook really should have a 10 minute delay mechanism where angry people can cool down before actually posting.

Ah no, those posts are hilarious. And a great way of separating the wheat from the chavs.

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

It's amazing how certain people can BULL**** their way through life, Making up lies and Eventually Believing their own lies, trying to pull the wool over people's eyes, Always finding a way of Blaming others for what's going on OR for whats happened to them, even tho it's a result of their own actions, they will use others as scapegoats for their own lack of responsibility. When the truth is they have no one to blame but themselves....these types of people are unbelievably selfish and do not care who they hurt or lie about in the process, BUT these people will eventually end up ALONE in life, full or regret, with no one to lie to or blame anymore but themselves!!!

Facebook really should have a 10 minute year delay mechanism where angry people can cool down before actually posting.
    Fixed your post ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭Chet T16

I liked how Facebook put these posts together

• Registered Users, Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,283 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

Chet T16 wrote: »
    I liked how Facebook put these posts together

If nothing else, it's nice to see a bit of honesty!

• Advertisement

"Whoever my friends are and loves me, please like this status,.Im doing a test for meself, this will.help me make a big decision :), indulge me, only if u.mean it"

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement