Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Waggle your 'Joystick' - Post your 3Dmark Scores here

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭Xenoronin

You may have just lost out in the silicon lottery. No need to go above 4.5GHz anyway though :O Standard guides should apply just the same for the MSI board.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,411 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

i just enabled gaming overclock mode in the bios and its at 4.4 so thats ok i guess, problem is i cant enable my xmp profile with that on :( and my ram is rated for 3200mhz, is manually overclocking ram easy?

must sat the arctic freezer 240 is a hell of a cooler, at 4.4 its at 40-50c in prime95 blend test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Yea just enter the settings you want/its capable of in the bios.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 734 ✭✭✭twinsen

lads are there any good guides for overclocking a 6700k on a msi board? tried just changing the ratio but the second i go to 4.6 i need voltages higher than 1.35 :(

Mine us the same, if i want to go for 4,7 need to set up voltage to 1.4. But it overheats to 80 degrees in prime95. Left mine on 4.5 at 1.28 voltage. Temps around 60-68 in prime, gaming around 50-55. Was very unlucky when i was buying it, was getting 2,second went to my brother, his is working on 4.8 with 1.35 voltage :) and he turns his pc like once a week to watch movie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

twinsen wrote: »
    Mine us the same, if i want to go for 4,7 need to set up voltage to 1.4. But it overheats to 80 degrees in prime95. Left mine on 4.5 at 1.28 voltage. Temps around 60-68 in prime, gaming around 50-55. Was very unlucky when i was buying it, was getting 2,second went to my brother, his is working on 4.8 with 1.35 voltage :) and he turns his pc like once a week to watch movie

Switch them some night when hes in bed:)

• Advertisement

EoinHef wrote: »
    Switch them some night when hes in bed:)

He is about 2000km away:)

they should start putting some sort of a rating on cpus so that you can spend a bit more for a proper overclocking chip

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭Redfox25

He is about 2000km away:)

Road trip time!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

they should start putting some sort of a rating on cpus so that you can spend a bit more for a proper overclocking chip

You mean like sticking a "K" at the end of them? :pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

i was going to say it but figured he had to be having a laugh..:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭Redfox25

Nah, that would be too short

For clarity

i5 4690k could change to i54690mightoverclockto4.6ghzorhigherdependingonyoursetupandcoolingandhowthewindisblowingandorifyougotluckyinthesiliconlottery.

Something like that should spell it out clearly enough for most. Might be a pita to get it all on the top of the CPU, solution, lets make them bigger again. Make the customer feel he is getting more for his buck.

Redfox25 wrote: »
    Nah, that would be too short

For clarity

i5 4690k could change to i54690mightoverclockto4.6ghzorhigherdependingonyoursetupandcoolingandhowthewindisblowingandorifyougotluckyinthesiliconlottery.

Something like that should spell it out clearly enough for most. Might be a pita to get it all on the top of the CPU, solution, lets make them bigger again. Make the customer feel he is getting more for his buck.

This would just lead to higher prices. Overclockers.co.uk were doing it some time ago, best clocking chips were going for 150£ more than the others.
    You don't want Intel to start doing this, their cpu's are already expensive as hell.

This would just lead to higher prices. Overclockers.co.uk were doing it some time ago, best clocking chips were going for 150£ more than the others.
    You don't want Intel to start doing this, their cpu's are already expensive as hell.

true enough haha the "k" though is a very broad "might be able to overclock who knows we certainly dont but sure try it anyway" sort of moniker, youd think the industry would try to put a minimum quality test on "overclockable" CPU's particularly as the whole intel k line is there for that exact reason

My new best in dx11
    http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/14078553?
    it is absolute max I can do with aircooling with 980ti and 6700k. If only wife would approve 1080 and watercooling....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭cursai

My new best in dx11
    http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/14078553?
    it is absolute max I can do with aircooling with 980ti and 6700k. If only wife would approve 1080 and watercooling....

Wow. Thats a good overclock. cant get above 15210 on a 980ti with xeon1231

cursai wrote: »
    Wow. Thats a good overclock. cant get above 15210 on a 980ti with xeon1231
    You ram runs only at 1600, see if it has xps profile for higher clockings, I am sure if it would run at 1866 you would get few points more. Not sure sure if you can oc your cpu, as it seems you have h97 motherboard

You ram runs only at 1600, see if it has xps profile for higher clockings, I am sure if it would run at 1866 you would get few points more. Not sure sure if you can oc your cpu, as it seems you have h97 motherboard

Asrock fatality mobo. Ram is set AFAIK. ....

One good thing for you is you got a Z170 motherboard so just look up the bios to allow overclocking of a non k chip and do a overclock on the chip.
    dinnybyrne wrote: »
    i did it with the stock cooler for the tests, wouldnt leave it running with that overclock on a stock cooler.
    Ordered a better cooler today for 30 quid on amazon.
    you should be safe to go 3.9ghz on your stock cooler, i was running it for days like that.

new cpu cooler fitted. 6500 now running at 4.48Ghz, appears to be stable, currently running a stress test to be sure, but if that clears will run a benchmark again. have to say the lack of a temp readback is a little worrying...my pre oc temps were 25c at idle so i know the cooling is up to the task but would still like the certainty of a number

also, have memory running at 2600, it;s only 2400, anything to worry about?

overclock1_zpsyt5uqags.png

system seemed stable, so ran firestrike. cpu overclock took me from 12918 at stock to 13538 currently. this is with the gpu still running as it came out of the box.

http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/14118082

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Since you have the CPU overclocked next on the list is the GPU.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 778 ✭✭✭dinnybyrne

mossym wrote:
    system seemed stable, so ran firestrike. cpu overclock took me from 12918 at stock to 13538 currently. this is with the gpu still running as it came out of the box.

Getting there, GPU over clock next.....
    Download hwinfo it will give you a reading of the CPU temp when oveeclocked. RAM should be Ok to 1600 or there abouts

http://www.3dmark.com/fs/9859257

PUSH IT TO THE LIMIT!!!

http://www.3dmark.com/fs/9859257

PUSH IT TO THE LIMIT!!!
    Nice clocks on that gpu. What model is it?

Nice clocks on that gpu. What model is it?

Asus strix 6gb oc dc iii
    Tis a great yoke. Very cool. Never seen it go above 73c only then on battlefield running at 4k

Asus strix 6gb oc dc iii
    Tis a great yoke. Very cool. Never seen it go above 73c only then on battlefield running at 4k
    My msi 980ti goes all the way to 82c :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,731 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

My msi 980ti goes all the way to 82c :(

Dual-fan?
    That doesn't sound right, it should be in the low-70s.

Is the card able to get fresh cool air?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭dunworth1

dunworth1 wrote: »

I'll willing to bet your oc'd didn't sit back and put it's feet up either.:p

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Dual-fan?
    That doesn't sound right, it should be in the low-70s.

Is the card able to get fresh cool air?

Its overclocked. On standard clocks i get low 70c temps.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

First post should be a leaderboard. :P

I am quite disappointed with the gtx1080 scores. I wanted to uograde my 980ti but looking at the scores it looks like there is no point. I am getting 17k on mine, above there is score with the same cpu as i have and only 18k.
    Dunworth, could you overclock your cpu and ram and submit score again if that's not too much hassle?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Simon Gruber Says

I reckon this is about the limit for mine.

http://www.3dmark.com/fs/9949560

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,131 ✭✭✭John mac

just tried it here :)
    395530.JPG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Jacovs

Firestrike - 6031
    Time Spy - 1993

:(

AMD FX6300 stock
    HD7970 stock

just installed my evga ftw 1080, pretty happy with the results, must try a bit of overclocking :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

My machine going up for Sale soon 980gtx in sli and 3930k, I will be selling this for a song as I want to free up cash.

A 1080gtx and i7 6800k and Vive on the way. Old machine put in a solid 19000 with a slight overclock.

http://www.3dmark.com/fs/3376763

just installed my evga ftw 1080, pretty happy with the results, must try a bit of overclocking :)

Thats not OC.........jeez

Thats not OC.........jeez

nope doing a bit now, so far it seems like a good overclocking card sitting between 2101-2135Mhz core at 65 -70c, havnt touched memory yet

nope doing a bit now, so far it seems like a good overclocking card sitting between 2101-2135Mhz core at 65 -70c, havnt touched memory yet

Looking forward to seeing it. That's an elusive number on those cards seemingly. Above 2100mhz that is. whats the story with the 'driver not approved ' bit i wonder.
    Will you do an in-game benchmark as well and throw the scores on here. whichever game you have.:)

i just downloaded the latest driver from nvidia, input gtx 1080 and it gave me it, yeah had core at +150 but it was bit unstable, bringing it down -5 increments now and then memory

driver

• Advertisement

this is about the best im getting. Core is at +138 and memory at +550, sitting between 2088Mhz and 2129Mhz at 70-74c, Im happy with it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

So I went from this...

Jxr9WYWl.png

To this, today...

xFzfp0kl.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭Shlippery

yyTecFBh.png

Hope this is right! Sapphire RX480 Nitro+ 4GB..I'll assume it's a decent result, but CPU probably bringing it down a bit?

can we stick with the url links. Cant find the last result ^^^ on the site.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭Shlippery

cursai wrote:
    can we stick with the url links. Cant find the last result ^^^ on the site.

Couldn't find a way to get a link without buying 3dmark! Will try later and edit if I can.

Shlippery wrote: »
    Couldn't find a way to get a link without buying 3dmark! Will try later and edit if I can.

Oh yeah forgot about that.

Shlippery wrote: »

don't need to buy, if you look at the pic you posted you'll see the compare results online, click that and it will give you the webpage you can use the url from

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭.G.

Been trying to break the elusive 19000 mark but can't get there. Got to 18968 and then ran it again using the same settings and dropped to 18694 so it ain't gospel lads!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,731 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Upgraded to a Palit 980 Ti :)
    This card is amazing; I can't hear it even during the benchmark!

Time Spy 1.0: 5494
    http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/14643355?

Firestrike 1.1: 14227
    http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/14643611?

(previous scores: 3826 / 10562)

Also, Witcher 3, 1080p60 @ Ultra settings :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,725 ✭✭✭Metric Tensor

New computer as per here and here

Time Spy 1.0: 5880
    http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/15073787

Firestrike 1.1: 15246
    http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/15073932