Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

It's PanDENmonium! [Off Topic Chat]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

531731_3799873750204_1083195122_n.jpg

My Birthday cake is easily a solid 3/4 stone.

YES!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭JamJamJamJam

Frank Turner is singing at the Olympic Opening Ceremony right now!! What a nice surprise :D

He's amazing :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

CAKE! I WANT CAKE! GIMME!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

My Birthday cake is easily a solid 3/4 stone.

YES!

Is the Aisling edible? :P

If it is, then I demand you recreate the scene from Men In Black by brandishing the figure at people shouting "Eat me. EAT ME!"

• Advertisement

Apparently I am:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

Cruel Sun wrote: »
    Haha...do ye guys remember Clifford that big ass mega dog who could talk. It used to be on TG4.

Edit: Anyone? No.....:(

Oh I do I do!

Childhood flashback in 3.....2....1....

Haha...do ye guys remember Clifford that big ass mega dog who could talk. It used to be on TG4.

Edit: Anyone? No.....:(

I vaguely remember him. I only discovered TG4 cartoons (Samurai Jack FTW!) when I was just coming up to the point where I stopped watching kids TV regularly (not that I don't enjoy watching some Bear in the Big Blue House when I'm nursing a hangover and skipping college like!).

I heard a funny conversation about Clifford on a podcast I listen to. They were on about how if Clifford was real then it'd be terrifying. That he'd run up and piss on the gable end of your house and you'd get flooded. Or that he'd try to hump your leg and you'd be crushed, etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Jhcx

So tired... Spent the last 3 hours staring at laptop screen. deleting all my old facebook status'

I posted way too many status' up now i just post photo's for ppl to like cause i dont want to speak and let ppl think im out of my mind.I must seem like an insane person who just someone who likes no whine about there life so much. I would be so much easier to just delete the account and open a new one. and add all the friends again.

Also what brought me here was because ye were all going on about games and this just popped up in one of my status' from last year
    914423_72380_front.jpg

Did any of ye play it. i never got passed the boiler room and i have never played it since. would love to buy a copy of it and start up the playstation

Jhcx wrote: »
    Also what brought me here was because ye were all going on about games and this just popped up in one of my status' from last year
    http://image.gamespotcdn.net/gamespot/images/bigboxshots/3/914423_72380_front.jpg

Did any of ye play it. i never got passed the boiler room and i have never played it since. would love to buy a copy of it and start up the playstation

Yes, yes, yes, F*CK YES! What a game!

I got a ROM of it a while ago (boo, hiss, I know) and it was the German version... fun playing the whole game in German. :pac:

Such a fun game, would love if there were more games like it tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    I got a ROM of it a while ago (boo, hiss, I know) and it was the German version... fun playing the whole game in German. :pac:

German is amazing, everything immediately sounds ten times scarier. I love it! :D

Any of ye seen photos of the queen tonight... She's looking bit poorly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Cruel Sun

Any of ye seen photos of the queen tonight... She's looking bit poorly.

Yeah she doesn't look too well, Ali looked terrible. They really shouldn't have had him there, he looked like he didn't know where he was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

396892_4317307736757_763472874_n.jpg
    :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Yeah she doesn't look too well, Ali looked terrible. They really shouldn't have had him there, he looked like he didn't know where he was.

I think it was unfair to him to be showcased to the world like that, when he didn't seem to know what was going on. After he touched the flag, him and his carer were just left standing awkwardly for a few minutes along the side before they lined up with a few others. It really is awful to see such a great athlete so ill :(

Feels so weird starting all over again on FB. But Since reopening my new boards account i feel like i have started a whole new life and need to leave the old pre 2012 years behind. Have large majority of all my accounts closed from then. boards,bebo,emails,Youtube. Real clean out. but dont know if i can ever clean up my cyber mess. But i think its good. Good to start fresh. Some of the posts i used to posts actually make me cringe and just turn my stomach at how idiotic i was. Just posting stupid status' that most likely got in peoples way. You know the people im talking about those who just post for the sake of posting. And going through my 4 year history on FB its amazing the changes. from quiet to posts ever few minutes to quiet to just posting photos and videos from Youtube and StumbleUpon and the odd comment about something like twas a good night with X,Y and Z look forward to the next night. and just liking ppls comments and commenting on the odd topic trending amongst friends

I no longer want to come across as the wired type. I like to talk, and i will do things to get person(s) attention. Cause its what i do best.

Feels so weird starting all over again on FB. But Since reopening my new boards account i feel like i have started a whole new life and need to leave the old pre 2012 years behind. Have large majority of all my accounts closed from then. boards,bebo,emails,Youtube. Real clean out. but dont know if i can ever clean up my cyber mess. But i think its good. Good to start fresh. Some of the posts i used to posts actually make me cringe and just turn my stomach at how idiotic i was. Just posting stupid status' that most likely got in peoples way. You know the people im talking about those who just post for the sake of posting. And going through my 4 year history on FB its amazing the changes. from quiet to posts ever few minutes to quiet to just posting photos and videos from Youtube and StumbleUpon and the odd comment about something like twas a good night with X,Y and Z look forward to the next night. and just liking ppls comments and commenting on the odd topic trending amongst friends

I no longer want to come across as the wired type. I like to talk, and i will do things to get person(s) attention. Cause its what i do best.

I was the same. My Facebook used to be a complete cesspool of statuses that I cringe at every time I look back. I'm still prone to posting some random political rants on there, but I've brought it way down lately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

I was the same. My Facebook used to be a complete cesspool of statuses that I cringe at every time I look back. I'm still prone to posting some random political rants on there, but I've brought it way down lately.

I haven't posted a fb status for the best part of a year.
    It's not because I have nothing to say, it's because I know 90% of my audience couldn't give a shít such is the wonder of fb "friends".
    I prefer posting on Boards for a reason, topics of conversation are found exactly where you want to find them, and not in a wall of jumble on fb.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

Eathrin wrote: »
    It's not because I have nothing to say, it's because I know 90% of my audience couldn't give a shít such is the wonder of fb "friends".
    I prefer posting on Boards for a reason, topics of conversation are found exactly where you want to find them, and not in a wall of jumble on fb.
    This. FB is grand for organising parties and seeing what's going on, but meaningful discussion? No way.

I think the large majority of us can relate to this?

4875842_460s_v1.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

I think it was unfair to him to be showcased to the world like that, when he didn't seem to know what was going on. After he touched the flag, him and his carer were just left standing awkwardly for a few minutes along the side before they lined up with a few others. It really is awful to see such a great athlete so ill :(

He shouldn't have been there. While I do feel sorry for him there's plenty of athletes out there who would be better at representing the 8 virtues.
    Just because he was a great boxer does not make him virtuous.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muhammad_Ali#Personal_life

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    He shouldn't have been there. While I do feel sorry for him there's plenty of athletes out there who would be better at representing the 8 virtues.
    Just because he was a great boxer does not make him virtuous.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muhammad_Ali#Personal_life

He got around a bit so... But ya cant keep that against him.

Eathrin wrote: »

Definitely. I think the only thing I really post on FB these days are my blog updates, for the simple reason that about 10 of my "friends" are avid gamers. Other than that I just use it for my course page and telling the 15 year olds from my school to fu*k off when they send me a friend request when we've never even met.
    I think the large majority of us can relate to this?

http://d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net/photo/4875842_460s_v1.jpg

Yes! So much yes!

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Hairycopper

On the Cork-Dublin bus.

PLUS

- New bus= comfortable seats.
    -wifi works and is even at acceptable speed
    -So far have two seats to myself
    -Tis a lovely day out

MINUS
    - The radio, I don't want to listen to music from the Renaissance
    -the heat, sweet jesus I'm melting
    -The smell, someone could have died here.
    -the old man trying to talk to me, and i have to pretend to look busy which is hard when you're on a bus
    -The boredom sweet mother of devine, I'm so bored. Ive no phone or iPod, just laptop with no earphones.
    -I'm starving, WHY IS THERE NO SHOP ON A BUS.

*i might cry of boredom, I've been on this bus for 16 minutes. Please forgive me*

..i may start drinking the vodka i have in my bad. Joking, obvzzz

*cries*

One photo... Gone viral. Poor Queen. But by god she looks terrible in it :pac:

292937_446607162046265_930038475_n.jpg

I've just watched this video The Page refreshed and its been blocked on international copyright grounds. Dafuq

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

My favourite:
    tumblr_m7uzszPPDd1rsobzfo1_500.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

Not sure why but I still have the habit of checking to see what puzzle I get with my Animal Bar, even though I'm well past the point of caring whether or not the poor monkey finds his way to the banana.

Not sure why but I still have the habit of checking to see what puzzle I get with my Animal Bar, even though I'm well past the point of caring whether or not the poor monkey finds his way to the banana.

I think you know your childhood is dead when you don't even look to see what animals are on the bar any more. :(

My friends were actually quite rude to the random lads I had at this party tonight.they slagged them and ridiculed them in front Of the crowd till I pulled them up on it.i feel horrible despite me being as nice as i was to people.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Cruel Sun

Just ran 4 miles. SLEEP IS FOR THE WEAK!

Wonder what I should do with my last hour as a teenager...

Probably nothing. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭Geekness1234

Wonder what I should do with my last hour as a teenager...

Probably nothing. :P

Ask your mammy to make you a sandwich.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Go knacker drinking

Namlub wrote: »
    Go knacker drinking

There's a field just behind my house, and cans of Bulmers in the fridge! I have 10 minutes to accomplish this... :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

Play and sing along to The Final Countdown over and over again. It'll be the highlight of your teenage years. It's the highlight of my life just thinking about it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

I'm being a health nerd (lol, I know nothing about health/food science/biology), and looking up what foods I should eat more of that are good for people with asthma and stuff. None of the foods are particularly nice, but then I saw chocolate, and got all excited until I saw that it said dark chocolate.
    dark chocolate

dark chocolate

dark chocolate

tumblr_m1es62Oqdq1r5nszm.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

I was told before that in general dairy products aren't the best for people with asthma and you should avoid them particularly if you have a cold or it's acting up.

Dark chocolate is brilliant form a person who used to hate dark chocolate. It is great for coughs. They want to make it into a medicine and all

Pigwidgeon wrote: »
    I was told before that in general dairy products aren't the best for people with asthma and you should avoid them particularly if you have a cold or it's acting up.

I've actually been told (by my mammy :P) numerous times that I shouldn't be having dairy stuff (before I found out I had asthma), but I'm ridiculously picky (and silly) so I haven't done anything about it yet. I should really give up chocolate that isn't dark, and switch to goats' milk, but I've very little will power.

College would be an ideal time to give up dairy stuff though. If I only buy goats' milk then I'll have to either starve or drink it. :cool: Milk chocolate will be far more challenging though. It's like my favourite thing of all time. :pac: And dark chocolate is awful. :( Maybe if I avoid milk chocolate for long enough, I'll start to think dark chocolate is nice... There's always After Eights. <3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 881 ✭✭✭AtomicKoala

dark chocolate

dark chocolate

dark chocolate

Sometimes I feel so alone in liking dark chocolate :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

clint-eastwood-disgusted-gif.gif

[/center]

You're lucky! It's like, actually healthy. :p I'm going to try to ease myself into the whole eating dark chocolate thing, I just have no idea where to start. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

Togepi wrote: »
    You're lucky! It's like, actually healthy. :p I'm going to try to ease myself into the whole eating dark chocolate thing, I just have no idea where to start. :o

1. Buy Dark Chocolate.
    2. Eat Dark Chocolate.
    3. ?????
    4. Profit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 881 ✭✭✭AtomicKoala

Like, tbh dark chocolate (as far as I know), is just a higher concentration, and its the chocolate itself that's good for, but it can be negated by the milk and sugar. If you have no trouble with whatever is in milk and sugar I'd say milk chocolate is mad good for you :cool:

It's all about the percentage of cocoa. 75%+ is meant to brilliant, but whatever goodness you get from chocolate is halved if it's milk chocolate. </3 Plus I need to avoid dairy, even though most dairy things, like chocolate, cheese and pizza, are the most delicious foods. :(

It's all about the percentage of cocoa. 75%+ is meant to brilliant, but whatever goodness you get from chocolate is halved if it's milk chocolate. </3 Plus I need to avoid dairy, even though most dairy things, like chocolate, cheese and pizza, are the most delicious foods. :(

Eat twice as much then. Sorted!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

I've actually been told (by my mammy :P) numerous times that I shouldn't be having dairy stuff (before I found out I had asthma), but I'm ridiculously picky (and silly) so I haven't done anything about it yet. I should really give up chocolate that isn't dark, and switch to goats' milk, but I've very little will power.

College would be an ideal time to give up dairy stuff though. If I only buy goats' milk then I'll have to either starve or drink it. :cool: Milk chocolate will be far more challenging though. It's like my favourite thing of all time. :pac: And dark chocolate is awful. :( Maybe if I avoid milk chocolate for long enough, I'll start to think dark chocolate is nice... There's always After Eights. <3

Try rice milk! I couldn't have cows' milk at all when I was younger because my asthma was so bad, hated goat's milk but rice milk is soooo nice. Kinda wish I still had a reason to drink it all the time actually...

Eat twice as much then. Sorted!

Genius! :D :pac:
    Namlub wrote: »
    Try rice milk! I couldn't have cows' milk at all when I was younger because my asthma was so bad, hated goat's milk but rice milk is soooo nice. Kinda wish I still had a reason to drink it all the time actually...

I should manage goats' milk, I remember thinking it wasn't that bad, but I'll bear this in mind, thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

In somewhat related news, apparently putting goats milk on blackheads makes them go away. I've never tried it but I've heard this on several occasions from several possibly unreliable sources.

Also, I should drink more milk, today I decided to drink a glass of milk every day during one of my I-don't-ever-want-to-get-a-musculoskeletal-disorder fits but then I tried and nearly got violently sick. There's something about it that I just can't stand.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭Cakes.

I could drink two litres of milk with my dinner, more if it's something spicy like curry :pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement