Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

It's PanDENmonium! [Off Topic Chat]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭pajor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

Watching people argue with their umbrellas on the street is one plus of this weather.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Holy déjà vu, Batman!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

An File wrote: »
    Holy déjà vu, Batman!
    You can pretend that rogue séimhiú never existed but we will always remember.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Davidius wrote: »
    You can pretend that rogue séimhiú never existed but we will always remember.

Those were simpler times! Days when I knew not of masculine and feminine nouns, nor their silly rules in the nominative and accusative cases when following the definite article singular.

Also, none of my Irish-loving friends copped it for ages either, so it's really their fault... >_>

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

I don't even remember those days...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Jhcx

This looks like the most fun ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

I for one welcome our new poetic overlord...

That joke doesn't work anymore... What're you doing man! :mad:

I don't get it!

Jhcx wrote: »
    I don't get it!

Think of posters with the word "overlord" in their user-name...

• Advertisement

Sometimes im too much of a culchie for my own good.

But ive got to love Shania Twain. Maybe im drunk, but ive always liked her, very purdy lady.

I must start practising on my vocals. :pac:
    now must go listen to some Garth Brooks and figure out what the fuss is.

Shania Twain is awesome.

I may have missed every lecture this week.

man and his son ahead of me in dunnes. buying three bottles of vegetable oil.
    That's a lot of chips.

I've had the same bottle since the summer

man and his son ahead of me in dunnes. buying three bottles of vegetable oil.
    That's a lot of chips.

I've had the same bottle since the summer

Ah no, that's not it at all. Sure isn't it cheaper than green daysel! :pac:

Weaning myself off cigarettes has caused my appetite to soar. People told me that that's what to expect but they all understated just how insatiable it would be.
    I've been like Galactus; The Devourer Of Worlds for the past week.

45464533.jpg

Keep going though! I'm sure it'll be worth it.

Anyone see this neck nomination craic on Facebook?
    Bloody idiotic but bloody hilarious at the same time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

Anyone see this neck nomination craic on Facebook?
    Bloody idiotic but bloody hilarious at the same time.
    I think it's stupid myself but people are just making an eejit out of themselves which makes it funny.

Seeing lads from home skull off pints of jager and hennesy. bloody eejits but eejits with bawlllls

One of the lads in the house done it last night and then cracked an egg over his head.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

One of the lads in my house did it by downing a pint of vodka, straight, on top of the table and then jumped on the table thus smashing it to pieces...

IT WAS EPIC

Just got nominated ;_; I just do the old fashioned way and down a pint of beer. I'm not into this putting food and ****e into beer.

It's the stupidest fad to start up in a long time.

Saw one where a guy drank it from a frying pan. :rolleyes:

Only one that's raised a smile from me so far was one that was filmed in an "old man pub" in our local town, and yer man thanks the bartender for mixing the pint and his Dad is sitting in the background.

But yeah, this entire thing is an accident waiting to happen, and when someone gets seriously hurt because of it we'll have to deal with the faux-outrage and horror for a few weeks.

Ye see the one where someone ate a live goldfish.....
    Ive seen ones with curry, Cat Food, God knows what else.,

Lads this is not supposed to be funny. but its a little bit dramatic......

Surely to god the likes of Lehinch dont have explosives lying in wait. or what ever happened to just going to the likes of The Crescent shopping mall. Although you'd prolly get shot there too so...

But any i was laughing at the over dramaticness of the clip

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭Vito Corleone

Haha brilliant.

I should not have watched that right before going to bed last night. :o

Bahahahahaha, I would almost certainly say that it is intentionally ridiculous!

I laughed quite wholeheartedly!

Heh.

• Advertisement

Anyone have HP Printer?

What are they like on ink? Im so used to my Kodak one but it broke and they no longer make them for the European market. at the moment.

Anyone have HP Printer?

What are they like on ink? Im so used to my Kodak one but it broke and they no longer make them for the European market. at the moment.
    Canon printer is very good for colour and black ink.

LostBoy101 wrote: »
    Canon printer is very good for colour and black ink.

Thanks, Unfortunately Canon dont fit my requirements in my area. Dunnes selling hp ones for 69 i need one quick. plus has to be wireless. :( Im so awkward. cant be normal

Thanks, Unfortunately Canon dont fit my requirements in my area. Dunnes selling hp ones for 69 i need one quick. plus has to be wireless. :( Im so awkward. cant be normal

If you get that, go and buy yourself the proper ink cartridges straight away.

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭MauraTheThird

Anyone have HP Printer?

I have a HP one, it's the Desk jet 2540 one and Argos do its ink for €21.99 I think for the black/tri colour together (301 ink) and it does the job though the wireless connection goes sometimes but that could be more to do with my wireless internet than anything.

Also very easy to print sheets double sided :P

Does the world ever actually stop?

If its not one thing its another. either way money is been used.

So instead of NEKNOM now have RAKNOM

• Advertisement

Life in the RAF doesnt look half bad. only all that fitness :/ the grandmother doesnt agrees either :( One would need the support of their family.

My cousin's in the British Navy. Six weeks on, two at home. He loves it.

I was feeling depressed so I cut my hair and now I look awful. I have three choices: shave it all off, get a wig, or wear hair extensions till it grows.

CTYIgirl wrote: »
    My cousin's in the British Navy. Six weeks on, two at home. He loves it.

I was feeling depressed so I cut my hair and now I look awful. I have three choices: shave it all off, get a wig, or wear hair extensions till it grows.

Dye it rainbow coloured and head to Mother Russia. :pac:

Dye it rainbow coloured and head to Mother Russia. :pac:

Buy a plane ticket and we'll talk.

My favourite band released an acoustic album last month its like having sex every day of the week. Nah it's just beyond beautiful and I know I say that about a lot of songs but their tunes really can make you feel like you've just been killed in the most gracious way ever possible and gone to a place greater than paradise or heaven that words cannot describe. But that is only my opinion in my head. But I wonder do others get that feeling well obviously not this one but an album where they can just sit there all day not speak, look, touch. Smell, eat but just sit there breathing in silent listening to the waves of sound that hit their ears. Just forgetting the world ever existed. Forgetting they were ever born all the problems and flaws that strike their life everyday. But then come back and just being thankful for every little detail that makes our lives what they are. Because they make us what we are. I'm no environmentalist or humanitarian but I have a heart and I have emotions and feelings and let them help me to be who I am. As the song says "feels like me on a good day'

• Advertisement

My favourite band released an acoustic album last month its like having sex every day of the week. Nah it's just beyond beautiful and I know I say that about a lot of songs but their tunes really can make you feel like you've just been killed in the most gracious way ever possible and gone to a place greater than paradise or heaven that words cannot describe. But that is only my opinion in my head. But I wonder do others get that feeling well obviously not this one but an album where they can just sit there all day not speak, look, touch. Smell, eat but just sit there breathing in silent listening to the waves of sound that hit their ears. Just forgetting the world ever existed. Forgetting they were ever born all the problems and flaws that strike their life everyday. But then come back and just being thankful for every little detail that makes our lives what they are. Because they make us what we are. I'm no environmentalist or humanitarian but I have a heart and I have emotions and feelings and let them help me to be who I am. As the song says "feels like me on a good day'

Is this it?

I just looked up the acoustic version, really, really nice.

5000 word essays are no craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭MauraTheThird

Filling out lab books weeks after I finish a lab is a silly idea and a habit I need to stop. Silly Moz

Was cleaning the windows outside at work this morning. A council worker was passing by the shop pushing his cart thing.

"cleaning the windows are ya? What do they give you for doing that for 'em, a free breakfeast is it?"

":confused: nah dude I work here"

" Oh right...." and with that him and his council-cart trundled off.
    Needless to say I was a bit confused about that
    " a free breakfast, what?"
    And then I saw my reflection in the glass.
    Tattered faux-leather jacket with a grimy hood( Only wear the jacket for work)
    bloodshot,bleary eyes, bags the size of wicklow under them.
    pale,sickly coloured face.

I think that the guy thought I was homeless and that I was cleaning the window for food.
    Only way I can make sense of the question and the hurried slightly embarrassed exit he made.

This job is going to kill me. I need to get off nights. It really messes with your body.

Music does exactly what it says on the tin.

keepmechilledsmall_zps2e1021c2.jpg

Teehee, this new name amuses me.

I got my ukelele yesterday! I knew they were smaller than guitars, but MY GOD it's so tiny and cute (can a musical instrument be cute?)!

Seriously, I took it out of the box and was like "Eh, did I buy a toy one by mistake? :o" :pac:

EDIT: It's also electro-acoustic! I didn't know that when I bought it! And it has an inbuilt tuner! This is awesome! :D

I can hear Kanye West's voices when I read that new title. :pac:

<3 the new name

^^^^

Exactly!

Is that fecker back in town?

• Advertisement
Advertisement