Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Some of Todays Wrestling News and Rumours (Possible spoilers) ***NO CHAT***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭salacious crumb

Absolutely :pac:

Watched a lot of WCW, and a fair bit of TNA too, and I've just never understood how everyone thinks so much of Sting. As far as I can tell he's not even as good as Hogan was. Which was also sh*t :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭takamichinoku

What used to make me think of Sting highly was that he was all over the WCW merch and whatnot when I was young and looked cool (to a kid)
    but I never saw WCW. The whole period after WCW then had me anticipating his appearance in the WWE and it never came. It's kind of like how when I was young, I was super intrigued by Starfox 64 or something... couldn't get over it until I played it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Any word on Sting? His contract was meant to be up at the end of the year too. Would be nice to see that Sting vs. 'Taker 'Mania match if he didn't resign with TNA

I think it's somewhere around February now. It used to be the end of the year but it changed a couple of years ago. Usually when his contract is up he gets a big storyline to write him out. He hasnt got that just yet so I reckon it still has a few months to run. If I'm TNA, I'd try and get it changed to June-ish. That way if it expires and he doesnt stick around, he has to sit at home for about 8 months before Wrestlemania. He may not want to come back to wrestling after that much time out of the ring.

Anyone who doesnt think Sting deserves to be with the Undertaker never watched him in WCW.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Sting was never as bad as Hogan in my book. But he was never a match of the year kind of guy either in my eyes anyway. I think a match with him and Taker would bring Takers level of matches down. Taker vs Cena is the only match I can imagine at Mania for the deadman.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭salacious crumb

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Anyone who doesnt think Sting deserves to be with the Undertaker never watched him in WCW.

Incorrect ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

The Punk match was a drop down from the Hbk and HHH matches anyway.
    Oh yeah, I went there.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

GTR63 wrote: »
    Oh yeah, I went there.

That's not really a controversial statement though.

Over-rated match imo. I liked it but not even top 10 best matches of the year imo. Punk just didn't have the credibility and you never believed he could win.

Incorrect ;)

Then you're just wrong :pac:
    Oh yeah, I went there.

Punk vs Undertaker suffered from an obvious result. Punk never once looked like winning the match. Michaels and especially Triple H had a lot of near falls. Punk had maybe one and it wasnt even that close. The near falls are what makes the Undertaker matches so good.

I bet if Triple H had the exact same match as Punk did, people would call it the worst match of the year. But because it's Punk, he can do no wrong.

Moneymaker wrote: »
    That's not really a controversial statement though.

Over-rated match imo. I liked it but not even top 10 best matches of the year imo.

I've seen it listed a ton in those match of the year lists elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

I never believed CM Punk would win. Mad ethe match less interesting even though the build up was great. Match was great as well but I never believed creative would let Punk take the streak

I thought Hunter would win because he would put himself over. It made the match exciting to watch. With HBK i though if anyone was gonna end the streak, Id be happy with him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

I thought the match Taker had with Orton at WM21 was better even. They actually did a good job building Orton as a threat and the crowd bought into it.

Under-rated match and under-rated feud imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

Doubt you'll ever see Sting work for Vinnie Mac, unless his position has changed which is unlikely.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Any word on Sting? His contract was meant to be up at the end of the year too. Would be nice to see that Sting vs. 'Taker 'Mania match if he didn't resign with TNA

He is advertised at live event in the new year. Which people are taking as he has re-signed with TNA.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

watched wcw a lot as a kid and sting was by far my favourite, is probably the greatest wcw superstar. Saw him in later years in TNA and he was a pale comparasion to what i remembered him but i think thats more down to it being TNA than anything, Definitely not up there with Taker but no one is in my opinion, truely the greatest ever but Sting is definitely in the mix after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭gerTheGreat

Anyway, no idea if it'd ever happen. I think that Sting has turned down the WWE a couple of times. All the talk of Styles reminded me of an article that I read a few months back. A double check of my browser history tells me that it was this.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

PowerSlam magazine in the UK does an annual top 50 based on performances in the ring and here is 2013’s:

1. Kazuchika Okada
    2. Hiroshi Tanahashi
    3. Daniel Bryan
    4. Shinsuke Nakamura
    5. Tomohiro Ishii
    6. Randy Orton
    7. CM Punk
    8. Prince Devitt
    9. Katsuyori Shibata
    10. Kota Ibushi
    11. Austin Aries
    12. Shingo Takagi
    13. Hirooki Goto
    14. Bully Ray
    15. Ricochet
    16. Kurt Angle
    17. Akira Tozawa
    18. Masato Yoshino
    19. CIMA
    20. Seth Rollins
    21. Minoru Suzuki
    22. Tetsuya Naito
    23. Naruki Doi
    24. Bobby Roode
    25. Matt Jackson
    26. Nick Jackson
    27. Kevin Steen
    28. Dean Ambrose
    29. Masato Tanaka
    30. Antonio Cesaro
    31. AJ Styles
    32. Roman Reigns
    33. Yuji Nagata
    34. BxB Hulk
    35. KENTA
    36. Karl Anderson
    37. Dolph Ziggler
    38. Jeff Hardy
    39. Alberto Del Rio
    40. Michael Elgin
    41. Brock Lesnar
    42. Adam Cole
    43. Davey Richards
    44. Kenny Omega
    45. Kris Travis
    46. Jay Briscoe
    47. El Ligero
    48. Christopher Daniels
    49. Sami Zayn
    50. Cody Rhodes.

No Cena again.

Keep fighting the good fight Fin Martin. :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Fin Martin, the man who hates Cena like no other.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

I interviewed Fin once for a college project on steroids. While great to talk to, he came across as someone who is just fed up with wrestling

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Whilst I agree that New Japan guys deserve those top spots, there's something wrong about selling a magazine (covers/articles/interviews/opinion pieces/history of PPV etc) almost entirely on WWE, but shunning them come award time.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,794 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I don't think I would put Orton that high

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Whilst I agree that New Japan guys deserve those top spots, there's something wrong about selling a magazine (covers/articles/interviews/opinion pieces/history of PPV etc) almost entirely on WWE, but shunning them come award time.
    -On-to Fúck Tna article several times. I wish they wrote more articles on New Japan. Think they wrote the same Come-on-to-Fúck Tna article several times, gets sadder the more I read them. :(
    rovert wrote: »
    No Cena again.

Keep fighting the good fight Fin Martin. :rolleyes:

Would of had him around the mid 20`s, no surprise its been a very new japan year.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,260 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Would of had him around the mid 20`s, no surprise its been a very new japan year.
    If you have Ziggler or Cody in the list then Cena would be there for his match with D. Bryan at Summerslam alone...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭SimonQuinlank

Cena at least not in the top 10 is ridiculous.Deserves it for his matches with Punk on Raw and Bryan at SS (torn biceps and all) alone.But you have to grudgingly admire Fin sticking to his ridiculous 15 yo smark like Cena hating principles.

Also no Goldust?if Brock qualifies after the minuscule number of matches he's had this year then so should auld Goldie.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I stopped buying that magazine it feels like a magazine devoted to moaning about wwe :/

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,408 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

How much of it is "Anti-Cena smark" and how much is "Controversy creates cash"?

If Cena was on the list, would people be talking about it half as much?

From the Observer.
    This is the latest on the WrestleMania scorecard. Hulk Hogan isn’t signed as of this moment but people are talking confidently about the idea he’d be with the company and involved with Mania in some form. However, it is openly believed and talked about internally that he is not expected to wrestle, with the belief even if they wanted him to he could not pass medicals so the idea of a Cena & Hogan tag match is thought to be unlikely, and more likely is just an appearance, somebody running into his fist, a promo and posing. Batista is openly talked about as being in great shape and probably coming back. If Michaels is wrestling on the show, it is something kept quiet. Internally people are being told it is not the case, and friends of Michaels continue to also say they don’t think it’s happening. Michaels has directly told people he is not going to do another match. As I’ve mentioned before, people who are there who are very smart on the landscape and how things operate, who don’t know but are right most of the time, that have believed he would wrestle Bryan at Mania even before the superkick on Bryan angle played. There have been talks with Goldberg, which he’s admitted and openly talked about, but in his case, the word is that he drives a hard bargain so it doesn’t sound like they are close. At this point, RVD is not in the plans for Mania. I don’t know a thing about Jericho. It’s one of those things where it’s expected but nobody has said anything is in place. His last scheduled concert was 12/14 in Sydney and he’s starting on a new album in January.

Wouldn't mind Lesnar vs Batista.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

Wouldn't mind Lesnar vs Batista.

I think they should both be used with full time talent if Batista was back

We've seen Batista vs Orton/Punk/HHH/Cena/Lesnar/Bryan before,and Lesnar has wrestled all the big hitters too.

Would be cool to see Brock and Batista as a one off spectacle.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,378 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Brock and Batista would kind've be a dream match I suppose. So I would be open to that. It would definitely be something different anyway. But neither is that great in the ring I dare say, or at least in Lesnar's case, he needs to be in the ring with a good worker as does Batista. So I think the match would probably suck. But it would be a spectacle to see anyway.

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement