Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I don't know where we're going, but it can only be 5K away

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

Fair enough. You know yourself better than anyone on here. Good luck fr. I really hope it works out for you. :)

Sorry hope my appreciation came across there. I've strived to try the natural things over the years but with Covid it was time to bite the bullet. As I said I only tried once but now it's just putting off the inevitable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭This time with style

fr336 wrote:
    Sorry hope my appreciation came across there. I've strived to try the natural things over the years but with Covid it was time to bite the bullet. As I said I only tried once but now it's just putting off the inevitable.

No need to be sorry fr. You didn't say anything to offend me. You come across well to me. All the best.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,899 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Chilling out in the hotel lobby down in Castlebar in County Mayo, away for the weekend for my partner's birthday tomorrow. Long weekend away. :)

Gonna take a nice hot bath before bed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,302 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

JupiterKid wrote: »
    Chilling out in the hotel lobby down in Castlebar in County Mayo, away for the weekend for my partner's birthday tomorrow. Long weekend away. :)

Gonna take a nice hot bath before bed.

Sounds fabulous.
    I'd never have a bath at home but a hotel bath always seems a luxury.
    Enjoy it!

To thine own self be true

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭This time with style

Time for sleep here. Goodnight and try to be kind in your lives as much as possible earthlings. It really is the best and most worthwhile human trait.

• Advertisement

You know you better than anyone here but I wouldn't give up after just one personally, this is the only life you'll ever live. I hope it works out for you fr, you sound like me and many other people I've known. We all struggle at times. One thing that has worked for me as far as focusing on what you don't have is a little mantra I have that I have learned to tell myself in times of struggle. "I have a roof over my head, food in the fridge and a bed to sleep in. I am halfway there already. Everything is ok" We can at times take things like that for granted.

Thanks W, I do try to be grateful all the time. It's like I am fine and very grateful, but the anxious side of my mind is always thinking of tomorrow. When in normal circumstances you may worry about things sure but you live in the moment mainly as anything could happen good or bad so what's the point in worrying?

fr336 wrote: »

Did you post over in the illness thread?
    You might get some similar stories to yours and some encouragement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,546 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

You know you better than anyone here but I wouldn't give up after just one personally, this is the only life you'll ever live. I hope it works out for you fr, you sound like me and many other people I've known. We all struggle at times. One thing that has worked for me as far as focusing on what you don't have is a little mantra I have that I have learned to tell myself in times of struggle. "I have a roof over my head, food in the fridge and a bed to sleep in. I am halfway there already. Everything is ok" We can at times take things like that for granted.

I hope your Dad is ok Perse. I am former Guy Person and current Wayne Jarvis. I am very tired and am going to bed so please follow Tyrant's advice and be quiet. Night night.

I wondered where you were, nice to see you back and goodnight. :)

Did you post over in the illness thread?
    You might get some similar stories to yours and some encouragement.

Yeah I posted on there years ago so might have a look again, thanks Purple

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

Jeez starting to worry about the whole Covid situation again with this evening's stats, well we haven't been outside the door since last Friday, will go out for groceries again tomorrow and then both of us working from home again for the week so won't see a soul here in the sticks, alot to be said for rural isolation

• Advertisement

GoneHome wrote: »
    Jeez starting to worry about the whole Covid situation again with this evening's stats, well we haven't been outside the door since last Friday, will go out for groceries again tomorrow and then both of us working from home again for the week so won't see a soul here in the sticks, alot to be said for rural isolation

Yeah, I had kind of switched off from the doom and gloom while still being sensible, but I think a second wave is rapidly approaching. The worst will happen when more of us go back to our work places and schools reopen.

I know the country can't close down indefinitely from both a social and economic perspective, but a lot of people seem to think it was all an overreaction and it's blown over.

I don't think I could handle a lockdown in winter. :(

In a way though it would actually be grand IMO, inside with a big fire lighting, do working from home during the day, out for a walk in the crisp clean air with a warm jacket on you in the afternoon/evening, then back for a lovely warm stew, roast chicken dinner, and back to sit by the fire for the night reading a good book

GoneHome wrote: »
    In a way though it would actually be grand IMO, inside with a big fire lighting, do working from home during the day, out for a walk in the crisp clean air with a warm jacket on you in the afternoon/evening, then back for a lovely warm stew, roast chicken dinner, and back to sit by the fire for the night reading a good book

Not for me I think, I just imagine endless dark mornings and evenings with nothing to do with all your free time. The good weather at the start of the last one really lifted my spirits and motivated me to be productive. Even sitting out in the sun looking at nature come to life was entertaining, winter just seems dreary in comparison.

It's out of our control though, we just have to hope enough people have cop on.

Not for me I think, I just imagine endless dark mornings and evenings with nothing to do with all your free time. The good weather at the start of the last one really lifted my spirits and motivated me to be productive. Even sitting out in the sun looking at nature come to life was entertaining, winter just seems dreary in comparison.

It's out of our control though, we just have to hope enough people have cop on.

I know what you're saying and alot of people would be of the same opinion but for us we're enjoying the fact that we don't have to commute to the office, our time is our own once we get our work done from home and loving where we live is a big part of it, plenty to do once we shut down the work laptop, out for a four mile walk around our rural area here.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,790 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Sweet dreams all 😴💤 x

Yeah, I had kind of switched off from the doom and gloom while still being sensible, but I think a second wave is rapidly approaching. The worst will happen when more of us go back to our work places and schools reopen.

I know the country can't close down indefinitely from both a social and economic perspective, but a lot of people seem to think it was all an overreaction and it's blown over.

Yea, I'm starting to get nervous again. I had a look in the Kerry thread earlier and there's a post about American tourists in Dingle yesterday.
    It's really tough when you have been so disciplined and foregone so many of life's little pleasures and then hear of international travellers from a currently 'hot' country are coming here.
    Anyhow, we better not derail this thread, there's plenty of CoVid threads. Just wanted to say I understand the nerves.
    Night everyone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

No doubt that this is true for a lot of us.
    I do think a lot if people are getting complacent. There will be spikes and I hope they can spot them and do localised lockdowns.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,512 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Hectic night, time to try catch up with some paperwork, i'm so exciting :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

I'm so excited, and I just can't hide it
    I'm about to lose control and I think I like it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    I'm about to lose control and I think I like it

Ah Ted!!!! Well played if the plan was to torture people with that tune all day running around our heads! But if it’s because you’re genuinely excited, I hope ya have fun!

Beside listening to the local AIB alarm going off since 5am.

Ah Ted!!!! Well played if the plan was to torture people with that tune all day running around our heads! But if it’s because you’re genuinely excited, I hope ya have fun!

It was just in reference to Grem's posts.

I would never be so evil to insert an earworm.

Now where did leave my halo.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,512 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Halo :rolleyes: light well and truly gone out on that man :P

Halo light well and truly gone out on that man

I'll have you know I have just used Mr Sheen on it.

Extra bright now.

Beside, wondering if I'll just get up

Sure it be seven bells Ted, bout time for you, no?.

Sure it be seven bells Ted, bout time for you, no?.

I don't want to adult today, got little sleep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭Jack Imhoff

Loving the fact Jess Glynne is getting a well deserved roasting on social media :D

Loving the fact Jess Glynne is getting a well deserved roasting on social media :D

Who's that and why?

Who's that and why?

Ginger English singer who has a history of being a bit nasty to runners, makeup, hair artists...tried to shame a high end London sushi restaurant who refused entry due to the fact she was dressed in hoody and jog pants....it's back firing big time..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭Phoenix32

On the couch, sure where else! Ended up going to get groceries yesterday and I got some stuff delivered for the apartment so I think I have most things at this stage! Let's not think about how broke I am now :D

I hope the chemo goes as well as it can for your work wifey Jack.

Ah Perse I hope the daddy will be ok soon, maybe a blood transfusion is what he needs.

I've been on prozac since I was fifteen years old, over half my life so definitely go for it Fr, it's not a cure but it takes the edge off and anything that can help is worth it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,281 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Good morning all, Nespresso time.

The last few pages have a Deja Vu feeling about them, surely we remember our young Limerick friend?

smurfjed wrote: »
    Good morning all, Nespresso time.

The last few pages have a Deja Vu feeling about them, surely we remember our young Limerick friend?

Of course we remember. Why wouldn't we?

Yes , we do smurf....if you have concerns please contact someone

Sitting up in bed waiting on hospital to ring me with an update about the daddy.

I wonder where olddog is these days? And Witchie?

I hope you get good news soon Perse.

I'm after washing dishes, cleaning the kitchen, bathroom and surfaces, put away washing and I put on a wash. Jesus I am dead. I tried to empty the hoover but the button is broken on it. Now time to sit and recover :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Phoenix32 wrote: »
    I hope you get good news soon Perse.

I'm after washing dishes, cleaning the kitchen, bathroom and surfaces, put away washing and I put on a wash. Jesus I am dead. I tried to empty the hoover but the button is broken on it. Now time to sit and recover :p

Jaysus Phoenix, I'm knackered after reading that! I've yet to motivate myself to shift my booty in any constructive way today. The dishwasher needs emptying. That's easy, so I'll start there.

Fingers crossed for your Dad, Perse.

Procrastinating about things that need to be done but I've no interest in doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭bolgbui41

Having a wild time here: earlier, I went into a supermarket for the first time since 10th March. I was starting to worry about how paranoid I was about catching the virus what with all my autoimmune issues, so I bravely offered to do my great-uncle's shopping for him. I mean I went during the special opening hours for high risk people - I'm not crazy enough to go during normal times yet - but hey, it's a start.

Now recovering from the adrenaline rush that came from (socially distant) mingling with the general public by eating chocolate and flicking through netflix.

Deskside, drinking cans of Starbucks Double Espresso.. the stuff is like crack! Typing my out of office for next.

Thanks to Perse, I googles dry socket...:(:eek: (I wish there was poop emoji on boards ha!).

Tunes - 80s rock playlist \m/ :D \m/

Deskside, drinking cans of Starbucks Double Espresso.. the stuff is like crack! Typing my out of office for next.

Thanks to Perse, I googles dry socket...:(:eek: (I wish there was poop emoji on boards ha!).

Tunes - 80s rock playlist \m/ :D \m/

I don't think dry socket was my problem Dave anyways if little old me can withstand pain I'm sure a hardy lad like yourself will be grand :D

*jokes because pain is horrible*

• Advertisement

Ugh and awake again. Gotta meet a friend at half five.. Clinging to a mug of tea here :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

couchside, thinking about having some lunch

bit of a headache but had a nice drink last night

I think of our young limerick fella sometimes too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Sick as a dog today. Need to find food that's easy on the stomach.

kowloon wrote: »

Tea, toast and plenty of self-pity is my suggestion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Tea, toast and plenty of self-pity is my suggestion.

There's something so comforting about tea and toast. I'm not sick, but I'm gonna have some now.

I don't think dry socket was my problem Dave anyways if little old me can withstand pain I'm sure a hardy lad like yourself will be grand :D

*jokes because pain is horrible*

:pac::D:pac::D:pac::D:pac: Hardy lad? I think you're forgetting I'm a nerd! :D

Ah sure we'll see on Monday what happens...

I want tea and toast now too... reaaaaallll buttery hot toast...

kowloon wrote: »

If it's a hangover then salty snacks and fluids are your friend!

Hopefully you'll be grand Dave but best of luck.

I just woke up from a nap on the couch and I'm disoriented to feck. It's like where am I but worse because I actually am in a different place :p

Ah lads, just after seeing some fledglings taking their first lil flights, that's done the heart a world of good.. :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,790 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Deskside with a cupan (Bewleys) and two squares of lindt chocolate.
    Sardonicat wrote: »
    There's something so comforting about tea and toast. I'm not sick, but I'm gonna have some now.

Its my go to breakfast atm at I don't have much motivation for cooking fancy breakfast atm.

The offending tooth has been removed. By Jesus I put in a rough hour.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement