Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but it can only be 5K away

Options

Comments

Back at work!
    Traffic rubbish this morning, weather rubbish this morning .......
    But had a great few days off, caught up with a friend I haven't seen for ages, great Craic :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Good Morning all, got our test results this morning at 5am, efficient individuals around here, once again Negative. Gotta do another test in 5 days in order to be allowed properly back to work, boring.

Discovered that our “islander lady” is hanging in there, but I’m wondering where “olddog” is.

@Dave and Cat, remember that some of us get notifications by email, so even though you might have edited/deleted the postings yesterday, we still got them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,250 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Morning all :). Happy Hump Day!!!!!

Hi ho hi ho it’s off to work I go

:D

I'm in werk werk werk. I cried like a child last night with the pain in my mouth. The dentist told me on Saturday that the site has healed and anything I experience now is post extraction pain. Dunno.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

I'm in werk werk werk. I cried like a child last night with the pain in my mouth. The dentist told me on Saturday that the site has healed and anything I experience now is post extraction pain. Dunno.

That doesn't sound right, Perse! Go back to the dentist. And regardless if what's causing the pain, you should have adequate pain relief. Don't allow yourself to be dismissed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Jesus, Perse.. That sounds awfuk :(

Deskside - not in any humour for this today.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Deskside, office to myself this morning. Nice and calm day so far.

Sardonicat wrote: »
    That doesn't sound right, Perse! Go back to the dentist. And regardless if what's causing the pain, you should have adequate pain relief. Don't allow yourself to be dismissed.

I feel a bit hysterical or something. It could just be more time needed. I'm going to buy more nurofen plus today even though it's not supposed to be taken for longer than 3 days. I lose the run of myself with things like this :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,066 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Samsgirl wrote: »
    Deskside, office to myself this morning. Nice and calm day so far.

Time to break out the pina colado's S and put the feet up :cool:

Poor poly *hugs*

Deskside with an empty cup ☹️, tempted to go make more sweet stuff 😈, I better not though, it'll make me feel loopy headed 🤪 and god only knows what trouble I'll myself into then 🤪🤪

I feel a bit hysterical or something. It could just be more time needed. I'm going to buy more nurofen plus today even though it's not supposed to be taken for longer than 3 days. I lose the run of myself with things like this :(

You're not hysterical, or loosing the run of yourself. I've been through it. It's a very painful condition.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭wildwillow

Unlike poor Persepoly I have had a very positive experience with pain. A bit early yet after surgery but just need minimum pain relief. Discharged this morning and will probably sleep most of the day, still feeling rather drowsy.

I cannot say enough positive things about everyone who cared for me. Such kindness, respect and courtesy made the whole eposide almost pleasurable. It was also such an efficient operation (excuse the pun) that everything was seemless. This in a private hospital so I suppose efficiency matters more and it's easier to plan schedules.

But the one thing that annoyed was the self entitlement and actual rudeness shown by some patients to the staff, the impatience and condescending attitude especially to those hard working kind people who have come from so many countries to shore up our medical system.

And I am ashamed to say that the worst offenders were in my own age group of 60 plus.

Manners and courtesy cost nothing, and while pain and worry may cause a lack of sensitivity towards others, nothing excuses actual rudeness.

Thanks to all here who wished me well.
    I will have about six week of enforced idleness with just healing and physio. I am blessed with wonderful family, neighbours and friends falling over themselves to help and will make use of every offer.

Off to bed now.

Could you see a different dentist maybe? There could be an infection or maybe a damaged nerve? That doesn't seem right that you're still suffering. Worst pain I ever had was when I was waiting on a root canal. I was awake whole nights crying for all I was worth. Pain all around my face and up into my skull. Sounds like your going through similar. I really feel awful for you :(

I've worked in a private hospital, Willow, and while most if the patients were always lovely and polite and often almost too polite to ask me to do something for them, occasionally you'd meet someone who thought having premium private health insurance meant they could demand all sorts from the staff and thought health care assistants were private maids. I remember one particular woman who'd buzz for me to come in to switch her TV over (her remote wasn't tuned in) this woman wasn't ill - she was in for minor elective surgery scheduled for the next day - and she was fully ambulant. Most of my time was taken up with some gravely ill patients who required full care so I couldn't answer her straight away. She would give out realms about how much she was paying for the service and how outrageous it was she was left waiting. A quick word from the ward manager explaining my actual role to her had to be given. But I do have to say that kind of experience was rare. I'm sorry to hear about what you witnessed. Staff tend of laugh that kind of entitlement off though.

I'm delighted all went well for you. Rest up today and take time to recover.

Could you see a different dentist maybe? There could be an infection or maybe a damaged nerve? That doesn't seem right that you're still suffering. Worst pain I ever had was when I was waiting on a root canal. I was awake whole nights crying for all I was worth. Pain all around my face and up into my skull. Sounds like your going through similar. I really feel awful for you :(

I'm in bits now Buile and can't take anything for another half and hour :( I could see a different dentist but have rang my own and left a voicemail. Will see what happens when they get back to me.

Did you have an infection?

I'm in bits now Buile and can't take anything for another half and hour :( I could see a different dentist but have rang my own and left a voicemail. Will see what happens when they get back to me.

Did you have an infection?

Yeah I had an infection. It was absolute hell. If anything touched off the tooth it was agony and I grind my teeth when I'm stressed. So everytime I fell asleep I'd wake after an hour max and be almost screaming in pain from grinding on the tooth. I was about 6 days waiting to be seen and a barely got a wink of sleep in all that time.

Yeah I had an infection. It was absolute hell. If anything touched off the tooth it was agony and I grind my teeth when I'm stressed. So everytime I fell asleep I'd wake after an hour max and be almost screaming in pain from grinding on the tooth. I was about 6 days waiting to be seen and a barely got a wink of sleep in all that time.

Oh Lord :( That sounds absolutely dreadful. Did you get immediate relief after the root canal?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Does anyone want some of our sunshine ?

519193.jpeg

Oh Lord :( That sounds absolutely dreadful. Did you get immediate relief after the root canal?

Immediate!! As I've said I'm terrified of dentists but the dentist I see is wonderful, that's why I waited out the pain rather than get a quicker appointment elsewhere. I was done over two or three days not all in one go.. I can't remember if that's normal practice for a root canal but I remember I went to work after the first session and my boss was like "you've just had a root canal.. they're so painful. You poor thing you should go home!!" and I was thinking 'I've never felt feckin' better!!!'

Immediate!! As I've said I'm terrified of dentists but the dentist I see is wonderful, that's why I waited out the pain rather than get a quicker appointment elsewhere. I was done over two or three days not all in one go.. I can't remember if that's normal practice for a root canal but I remember I went to work after the first session and my boss was like "you've just had a root canal.. they're so painful. You poor thing you should go home!!" and I was thinking 'I've never felt feckin' better!!!'

I had a root canal done a few years back and like you had no bother during the procedure or afterwards.

Sure lookit. I'll hope for the best. If the site is healed then maybe it's an infection or maybe my low pain tolerance.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭Poochie05

smurfjed wrote: »
    Does anyone want some of our sunshine ?

Even send half of those degrees here and we'd be laughing!!

I'm deskside, heading lunchside

• Advertisement

Poochie05 wrote: »
    Even send half of those degrees here and we'd be laughing!!

I'm deskside, heading lunchside

Vom. I'd die.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭This time with style

I feel a bit hysterical or something. It could just be more time needed. I'm going to buy more nurofen plus today even though it's not supposed to be taken for longer than 3 days. I lose the run of myself with things like this

Ring harry. He's your only hope at this stage :D

Seriously though, did they x-ray you again? Just wondering have they left a bit behind or something. Seems way too long to be having bad pain with it.

Ring harry. He's your only hope at this stage :D

Seriously though, did they x-ray you again? Just wondering have they left a bit behind or something. Seems way too long to be having bad pain with it.

:D

Xray again. Hmmm. I haven't been xrayed at all.
    The Nurofen plus is sort of working now. I have to talk at 2pm so with a bit of luck it will hold me over.

Xray again. Hmmm. I haven't been xrayed at all. The Nurofen plus is sort of working now. I have to talk at 2pm so with a bit of luck it will hold me over.

I know when I had a wisdom tooth out before the dentist was having a bit of trouble as it broke and she x-rayed me again to check did she get all and kept going til she was sure she had it all. Mightn't be that but does seem to be dragging on for you. Best of luck anyways. Hopefully it will improve or you'll get to the bottom of it soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,080 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

There are two workmen in the room next to me. Not sure if they are taking the mickey but the conversation is along the lines of:

"You tell me what position you want me in"
    "There, right there now just bend forward a bit"
    "Like that?"
    "Beautiful"

I am afraid to have a look to see what they are doing...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,066 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Deskside with a cup of bewleys tea (black box)

There are two workmen in the room next to me. Not sure if they are taking the mickey but the conversation is along the lines of:

"Like that?"
    "Beautiful"

Can't stop laughing at this :D

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

"Like that?"
    "Beautiful"

I reckon they are deliberately being Carry On style for your benefit.

Have they hard hats?...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,846 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Sitting in the car in the rain , watching the world go by . .

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement