Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

nvidia Shield - Tips & tricks [Read post #1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,628 ✭✭✭corks finest

alank90 wrote: »
    I use Wizardiptv. They have there own app and works flawlessly. I don't have high speed internet and it never buffers.
    Found wizard good/crap/average/poor tbh,and the guys customer care poor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

Found wizard good/crap/average/poor tbh,and the guys customer care poor

Can we please stop mentioning IPTV providers, don't want the mods closing threads

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Anyone tried emby ?
    Moved from plex to emby over the weekend and it seems better

Yes, I tried it some time ago, but ended up going back to Plex. Plex is better finished and has less bugs. I must revisit soon to see if it has improved

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭nedd

Yes, I tried it some time ago, but ended up going back to Plex. Plex is better finished and has less bugs. I must revisit soon to see if it has improved

Is it a server/client like Plex or what is the story?

Ffs, read the thread, don't just skim over it. I was referring to using the Dream player app just to connect an Enigma 2 satellite box to your Shield to play channels from your local satellite box. I use StbEMU myself for IPTV.

lol I thought you were recommending it over STB Emu as well. Bit harsh imo.

• Advertisement

Wow STB Emu is fantastic! I paid for the Pro version. Somehow stuff doesn't buffer like it did when I was using my IPTV through Kodi. Love it!

By the way I noticed my Shield has a TVHeadend app on it these days (that I didn't put there). Now I already have a TV Headend server of sorts (a Pi running LibreElec with the TVHeadend addon installed and connected to an aerial by means of a Xbox One TV Tuner ) but try as I might I couldn't connect to it.

Definitely entered the correct IP, username and password. Maybe the TV Headend app on the Shield is only working for Americans?

I have no idea sorry! I just went straight for the Pro version.

I have no idea sorry! I just went straight for the Pro version.
    Loads of moneyyyyyyy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭alanhiggyno1

Any other good apps out there atm for the shield that are worth getting

I have no idea sorry! I just went straight for the Pro version.[/quoteHD mo***s

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,406 ✭✭✭chewed

Anyone have any issues with BBC iPlayer buffering? I have a 300Mbps connection, VPN and the shield wired to the router, but I'm having lots of issues trying to play stuff from iPlayer!

chewed wrote: »
    Anyone have any issues with BBC iPlayer buffering? I have a 300Mbps connection, VPN and the shield wired to the router, but I'm having lots of issues trying to play stuff from iPlayer!

It's most likely the VPN

My bbc iplayer is working away fine using smart dns from getflix

Mine was working fine a before last week with my VPN so not sure why it's suddenly buffering.

My bbc iplayer is working away fine using smart dns from getflix

Really? I have a smart dns with smartdnsproxy and it stopped working a few months back. Thought it was something Nvidia had done as it stopped around the same time as a update.

Do you just have the smart dns or do you have the VPN as well?

No Def not

Mine was working fine a before last week with my VPN so not sure why it's suddenly buffering.

try another vpn
    Express VPN is v good

Express VPN is v good

That's what I'm using!

Express VPN is v good

That's what I'm using!
    I've no problems ,maybe change your UK location?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

Patww79 wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.
    I only have it a few weeks and find it great, fantastic reviews

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Catmologen

I was having the same buffering issues on express VPN up until last week. Seems to be improved now.

Got the iplayer addon working by means of Getflix's smart dns! Personally though I couldn't justify the cost of Getflix just for the use of iPlayer...unless there are other things that would work? Would really love Ch4, Ch5 catchup but there's no Kodi addons.....

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Rock Paper Scissors

lads what version of kodi is everyone planning to use since SPMC is no longer being actively being developed?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Expecting my 16GB Shield at end of month..

.. ordering the 64GB Sandisk UltraFit USB key in advance.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B01BGTG3JA/

Should I get anything else in advance while am putting in this Amazon order?

Basq wrote: »
    Expecting my 16GB Shield at end of month..

.. ordering the 64GB Sandisk UltraFit USB key in advance.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B01BGTG3JA/

Should I get anything else in advance while am putting in this Amazon order?
    Doubt it

Catmologen wrote: »
    I was having the same buffering issues on express VPN up until last week. Seems to be improved now.
    Checked late last night,and for the last few hours,yes you're right, constant buffering in I,itv hib ok,got onto express VPN chat, demanded a refund,they obliged,even though I was out if the 30 days refund time,I stated my case,referenced PayPal dispute,no joy with the first person I spoke to, second guy 10 minutes later,after a litany of questions said check my email,did, refunded to pay pal, rang pay pal,yes all in order, refunded, should see it in 5/7 business days, didn't want to take a chance if product buffering throughout my express VPN contract,and P.S. anyone who signed as I did for 12 months need to know that you're automatically getting charged again for the next 12 months once you're initial 12 months is up,u need to contact billing and cancel.

Catmologen wrote: »
    Checked late last night,and for the last few hours,yes you're right, constant buffering in I,itv hib ok,got onto express VPN chat, demanded a refund,they obliged,even though I was out if the 30 days refund time,I stated my case,referenced PayPal dispute,no joy with the first person I spoke to, second guy 10 minutes later,after a litany of questions said check my email,did, refunded to pay pal, rang pay pal,yes all in order, refunded, should see it in 5/7 business days, didn't want to take a chance if product buffering throughout my express VPN contract,and P.S. anyone who signed as I did for 12 months need to know that you're automatically getting charged again for the next 12 months once you're initial 12 months is up,u need to contact billing and cancel.
    I player buffering only

I player buffering only

Try getflix trial
    It’s working flawlessly for me I think it’s $60 for 2 years
    I will and thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

I see a couple of threads / websites indicating GeForce Now was free for 3 months a year or 2 back for Shield owners. Presumably this isn't still the case, is it?

Edit: never mind, website says "1 month free".

• Advertisement

Now that you mention gaming
    Can someone point me in the right direction for getting some emulators going preferably nes SNES Atari
    Small fella is mad to play mario (Atari is for me lol)
    Thanks in advance

This is all you need
    http://www.retrox.tv/

Advertisement