Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How lazy are you?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

I wash myself with a rag on a stick.

I’m moist. Keep talking.

When I've gotten everything that needs to be done, done - that's when the laziness is allowed full rein. Can't relax enough to be lazy if something is outstanding.

I've had toast for dinner if it's just me because I can't be bothered cooking for one. I've called the kitchen for a cup of tea and I once asked the cat to hand me a spoon. That's probably more stupidity than laziness though.

I can't stand people who expect you to do their thinking or remembering for them because they can't be bothered themselves. No, I will not remind you and take responsibility for you not doing something if I don't, you're in charge of your own responsibilities!

Someone told me last year that I'd gotten lazy, but at the time I was struggling under the weight of bereavement and that weight slowed me down until I assimilated and coped with it. I know depression can be the same, it's a weight that slows, so it's not always laziness or slovenliness that keeps someone in bed or on the sofa.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,904 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Candie wrote: »
    When I've gotten everything that needs to be done, done - that's when the laziness is allowed full rein. Can't relax enough to be lazy if something is outstanding.

I've had toast for dinner if it's just me because I can't be bothered cooking for one. I've called the kitchen for a cup of tea and I once asked the cat to hand me a spoon. That's probably more stupidity than laziness though.

I can't stand people who expect you to do their thinking or remembering for them because they can't be bothered themselves. No, I will not remind you and take responsibility for you not doing something if I don't, you're in charge of your own responsibilities!

Someone told me last year that I'd gotten lazy, but at the time I was struggling under the weight of bereavement and that weight slowed me down until I assimilated and coped with it. I know depression can be the same, it's a weight that slows, so it's not always laziness or slovenliness that keeps someone in bed or on the sofa.

you d be surprised of the amount of people that have memory issues, and issues such as impaired executive function

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    you d be surprised of the amount of people that have memory issues, and issues such as impaired executive function

Absolutely, that's not laziness though. Constantly asking someone to remind you to do something so you can blame them if when you don't do it, that's laziness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,904 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Candie wrote: »
    Absolutely, that's not laziness though. Constantly asking someone to remind you to do something so you can blame them if when you don't do it, that's laziness.

bereavement is very difficult to deal with to, im sorry for your loss, its very painful

bereavement is very difficult to deal with to, im sorry for your loss, its very painful

Thanks. It comes to us all sooner or later, it doesn't hurt to remember it can change people, at least for a while. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

I was going to type out a long answer but I couldn’t be arsed...too much work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,267 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Out shopping with the wife last week and out of the blue she called me the laziest bastard she’d ever met.
    I was so shocked I nearly fell out of the trolley.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,748 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

I ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭MoashoaM

terribly

I'm lazy in that I'll enjoy a good day on the couch. Work hard and do plenty outside it tho

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

I’m moist. Keep talking.

PM for more Simpsons quotes babe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Raconteuse

Oh yeah, I’ve done that. And still would if I lived in a house rather than an apartment.
    She was in a bungalow! And not in her bedroom - the living room, which is next to the kitchen! :D

• Site Banned Posts: 66 ✭✭Annurca Apples

Woke Hogan wrote: »
    I run an average of sixty miles a week, and I refuse to indulge in what I call "McDonald's Hobbies:" that is to say reading or watching anything that isn't of any benefit intellectually. I hate wasting time.

Well you're more than wasting your time running 60 miles a week. You're damaging and aging your body doing that. You'd be much better off doing weight training, mobility training and HIIT training.

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭Gonad

I was very lazy as a child . My mam once came home from work and said I was sitting in front of the fire crying .

She said what’s wrong and I cried “I’m burning “

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Ronin247

Mild psoriasis here, tis a pain in the hole

There is a cream for that....

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,480 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

jimgoose wrote: »
    I'm a classically trained programmer. I'll delightedly spend two days automating something that would take me ten minutes to do if I got up off my well-upholstered hole and actually did it. :pac::pac::pac:

the_general_problem.png

https://explainxkcd.com/wiki/index.php/1319:_Automation

Advertisement