Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How lazy are you?

Options
  • 03-10-2019 11:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭

Seeing yet another "what are your products?" comment on a company's Facebook page, when their website could just be Googled, made me wonder if there are people here who would admit that they do that.

Motivation can be troublesome at times of course - a lazy stint relaxing is one of life's pleasures - particularly in the winter. There are some people who are on the go non stop, juggling several things, and good on them. It would certainly be too stressful for me. But god all mighty social media really does shine a light on people who don't even muster up enough brain power to think for themselves to realise they could do a Google search or post in a more appropriate place.

Doubt anyone here is as bad as that, but do you find yourself becoming more of a lazyhole? I think we have to be in some ways because of the internet, but do you make up for it in mind and body? Or are you becoming like Lisa imagines herself in the episode of The Simpsons where she thinks she's "dumbening"?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭kkhornet

Raconteuse wrote: »
    Seeing yet another "what are your products?" comment on a company's Facebook page, when their website could just be Googled, made me wonder if there are people here who would admit that they do that.

Motivation can be troublesome at times of course - a lazy stint relaxing is one of life's pleasures - particularly in the winter. There are some people who are on the go non stop, juggling several things, and good on them. It would certainly be too stressful for me. But god all mighty social media really does shine a light on people who don't even muster up enough brain power to think for themselves to realise they could do a Google search or post in a more appropriate place.

Doubt anyone here is as bad as that, but do you find yourself becoming more of a lazyhole? I think we have to be in some ways because of the internet, but do you make up for it in mind and body? Or are you becoming like Lisa imagines herself in the episode of The Simpsons where she thinks she's "dumbening"?

Too lazy to read all or finish a rep....

• Site Banned Posts: 17 PennyWiseClown

Like a rug on valium op ...

I'd consider asking someone something on facebook too much effort..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭Duff

I download movies to watch on my laptop instead of getting up to get the remote to turn on Netflix/Now TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,671 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

Ahh it varies :D

Like there’s times on here even when I’d read a thread and I’d think about replying to something and then I’d think “fcuk it, can’t be arsed”, and then there’s times when I’d take the time to write a proper or more considered post.

Lazyhole in a lot of ways, but can be very motivated in others - like I’d be too lazy to cook dinner or make myself something to eat some evenings, because I’d be in the middle of work and want to get something done, or working on a tight deadline, that sort of thing.

Sometimes I’m so lazy I’ll come across a new word while I’m reading and try and figure out the context of it there and then because I’m too lazy to open a second tab and google what the word means :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Raconteuse

My friend's sister used to phone people in the kitchen to bring her in a cup of tea. And she would Hoover stuff on the floor (e.g. socks) up, instead of bending down to pick it up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Woke Hogan

I run an average of sixty miles a week, and I refuse to indulge in what I call "McDonald's Hobbies:" that is to say reading or watching anything that isn't of any benefit intellectually. I hate wasting time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

Woke Hogan wrote: »
    I run an average of sixty miles a week, and I refuse to indulge in what I call "McDonald's Hobbies:" that is to say reading or watching anything that isn't of any benefit intellectually. I hate wasting time.

What intellectual benefit do you get from posting on Boards?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I see you on Boards a lot. You most enjoy hating wasting time.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,354 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

I am very lazy.

• Advertisement

What intellectual benefit do you get from posting on Boards?
    There are people on this website who put forth arguments or ideas that I find interesting. They're in the low single figures but they're out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,368 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

I won't win any awards for my motivation but I do what needs to be done. I'm efficient so can avoid unnecessary effort.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,013 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

I browse through threads but only stop to read highly thanked posts cos can't be arsed to read the rest

Too lazy to get up and have a piss in the morning, usually when hungover. So will lie there in agony for hours

Downloaded the remote control app because the TV remote was out of reach

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

I'm extremely lazy not going to lie.

You hear people saying they couldn't sit at home all day or not go to work (even if they won the lotto)

I'd glady not work for the rest of my life. I would sleep in until 1pm everyday if I could

• Registered Users Posts: 13,379 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I get called lazy by 1 particular , erm , person like entity but I don't think I am.
    It's just I couldn't be arsed to do the stupid fooking shyte she does and wants me to do!. Or things some others want
    Though the things I need to do , I organise time to do, at a time that suits and do them.
    So I'm both lazy and not lazy

I won't win any awards for my motivation but I do what needs to be done. I'm efficient so can avoid unnecessary effort.
    Very similar to me. I'm a good organiser, and like to get things just done, no arsing around. Thus I have more time to be a lazyhole should I wish to be.

Andrew00 wrote: »
    I'm extremely lazy not going to lie.

You hear people saying they couldn't sit at home all day or not go to work (even if they won the lotto)

I'd glady not work for the rest of my life. I would sleep in until 1pm everyday if I could
    But would you definitely though? It's so appealing because you can't do it. If that is someone's reality for an extended period though, with motivation to do barely anything at all, it's detrimental to their mental and physical health.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭someyoke

Raconteuse wrote: »
    Very similar to me. I'm a good organiser, and like to get things just done, no arsing around. Thus I have more time to be a lazyhole should I wish to be.

Where's this term lazyhole suddenly emerged from? People who type that can't really be lazy, unnecessary use of letters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭368100

Lazy? No.....procrastinate about stuff I've To do that I'm either uneasy about or not bothered?...yes.
    That comes across as lazy though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,975 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Pretty..... Pretty f#ckin'...... Pretty f#ckin' lazy.......

• Registered Users Posts: 6,529 ✭✭✭Brussels Sprout

Get out

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭4Ad

I'm so lazy I cant even finish typi

• Registered Users Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

someyoke wrote: »
    Where's this term lazyhole suddenly emerged from?

I believe it's a medical issue that has been discussed at length on the etiquette thread.

Andrew00 wrote: »

Ahh..an early riser..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,018 ✭✭✭Ficheall

A less lazy person will no doubt be along presently to find and copy the post about the captain ordering the skipper to change the ship's course by a couple of degrees so the sun wouldn't be shining in his eyes while he was eating breakfast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Always Tired

I'm often accused of being lazy, but it's actually because I have psoriasis. It makes moving painful, causes me to have trouble falling asleep, and recent research has concluded that despite it being a skin condition, it definitely causes fatigue as so many with it report being fatigued. But they dont fully understand psoriasis, can't cure it, so the theory is the fatigue is linked to the inflammation and immune system overactivity associated with psoriasis.

In addition, people with psoriasis also report high incidences of depression. Depression also causes people to be less active and sleep more.

I try to exercise but guess what? Sweat and friction irritates my skin too. Can't swim in chlorinated water either.

It's affected me in every job I've had. Stress is the biggest trigger for it, so most jobs make it worse. And its caused me to be criticized often at jobs for moving slow during painful flare up days, caused me to miss time or be late (it can take ages to get ready, have to put lotion on and then let it dry), have to take extra bathroom breaks to apply creams or scratch. All of which seems to others like I am avoiding work.

It directly caused me to be let go from both my last 2 jobs and now I'm on the dole long term and of course I get called lazy for that too. It really hurts me. I try my best. But I'm sore and tired and doctors cant cure me. I may move less or slower than you but it may actually take me more effort to function than you.

So please don't be so hard on what looks like a lazy person if you don't know their story. Sorry for being serious in AH I know it's lame but whatever.

I'm often accused of being lazy, but it's actually because I have psoriasis. It makes moving painful, causes me to have trouble falling asleep, and recent research has concluded that despite it being a skin condition, it definitely causes fatigue as so many with it report being fatigued. But they dont fully understand psoriasis, can't cure it, so the theory is the fatigue is linked to the inflammation and immune system overactivity associated with psoriasis.

In addition, people with psoriasis also report high incidences of depression. Depression also causes people to be less active and sleep more.

I try to exercise but guess what? Sweat and friction irritates my skin too. Can't swim in chlorinated water either.

It's affected me in every job I've had. Stress is the biggest trigger for it, so most jobs make it worse. And its caused me to be criticized often at jobs for moving slow during painful flare up days, caused me to miss time or be late (it can take ages to get ready, have to put lotion on and then let it dry), have to take extra bathroom breaks to apply creams or scratch. All of which seems to others like I am avoiding work.

It directly caused me to be let go from both my last 2 jobs and now I'm on the dole long term and of course I get called lazy for that too. It really hurts me. I try my best. But I'm sore and tired and doctors cant cure me. I may move less or slower than you but it may actually take me more effort to function than you.

So please don't be so hard on what looks like a lazy person if you don't know their story. Sorry for being serious in AH I know it's lame but whatever.

Is there any medication that can help you or how does it work? I understand with psoriasis there’s no cure but can you treat it?

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Hobosan

4Ad wrote: »
    I'm so lazy I cant even finish typi

Even your jokes are lazy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,517 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

I had a note written on my phone which I needed to use as the basis for a document. I just emailed the note to myself to save me re-typing the content of it on the document even though I'm sitting here at the laptop with the phone 3 inches away. There were a total of 23 words in the note.

Does not bode well for the quality of the document. In my defense, I'm in the US, it's nearly midnight and I made the stupid mistake of lying down for 2 minutes at 9pm so I slept for an hour and now of course I can't get to sleep so I'm trying to get something productive done. :mad:

Advertisement