Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How lazy are you?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Always Tired

Woke Hogan wrote: »
    Is there any medication that can help you or how does it work? I understand with psoriasis there’s no cure but can you treat it?

I don't want to clog an AH thread up with more about it, there is a psoriasis thread in the long term illness forum that I use that for and answers this. Dont want to bum people out TOO much. Currently trying to control it by following a special diet but it's extremely restrictive, just imagine literally every food you like and not being able to eat them or drink alcohol and youre in the ballpark. If I stick to it for at least 3 months I should START to see results apparently. Ive never gone 3 months without pizza man its brutal.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,808 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

We need to be easier on ourselves, humans are not production machines, we in fact are highly complex emotional beings

Oh and since I'm dyslexic and autistic, I'm extremely lazy, apparently!

I don't want to clog an AH thread up with more about it, there is a psoriasis thread in the long term illness forum that I use that for and answers this. Dont want to bum people out TOO much. Currently trying to control it by following a special diet but it's extremely restrictive, just imagine literally every food you like and not being able to eat them or drink alcohol and youre in the ballpark. If I stick to it for at least 3 months I should START to see results apparently. Ive never gone 3 months without pizza man its brutal.

Mild psoriasis here, tis a pain in the hole

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

image.gif

• Site Banned Posts: 66 ✭✭Annurca Apples

I'm often accused of being lazy, but it's actually because I have psoriasis. It makes moving painful, causes me to have trouble falling asleep, and recent research has concluded that despite it being a skin condition, it definitely causes fatigue as so many with it report being fatigued. But they dont fully understand psoriasis, can't cure it, so the theory is the fatigue is linked to the inflammation and immune system overactivity associated with psoriasis.

In addition, people with psoriasis also report high incidences of depression. Depression also causes people to be less active and sleep more.

I try to exercise but guess what? Sweat and friction irritates my skin too. Can't swim in chlorinated water either.

It's affected me in every job I've had. Stress is the biggest trigger for it, so most jobs make it worse. And its caused me to be criticized often at jobs for moving slow during painful flare up days, caused me to miss time or be late (it can take ages to get ready, have to put lotion on and then let it dry), have to take extra bathroom breaks to apply creams or scratch. All of which seems to others like I am avoiding work.

It directly caused me to be let go from both my last 2 jobs and now I'm on the dole long term and of course I get called lazy for that too. It really hurts me. I try my best. But I'm sore and tired and doctors cant cure me. I may move less or slower than you but it may actually take me more effort to function than you.

So please don't be so hard on what looks like a lazy person if you don't know their story. Sorry for being serious in AH I know it's lame but whatever.

Have you tried eliminating grains from your diet? If you haven't I'd suggest giving it a go for a couple months and see if the psoriasis improves.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Raconteuse

someyoke wrote: »
    Where's this term lazyhole suddenly emerged from? People who type that can't really be lazy, unnecessary use of letters.
    Ah that's just me being vulgar.

The psoriasis sounds rough. Yeah stress can affect motivation in the opposite way too. Overwhelming people to the point that they can't tackle it.

I know there are certainly cases which aren't laziness but health reasons. I think it's easy to tell the difference though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

I run an average of sixty miles a week, and I refuse to indulge in what I call "McDonald's Hobbies:" that is to say reading or watching anything that isn't of any benefit intellectually. I hate wasting time.

You don't read your own posts so.

Btw...get a car.

Raconteuse wrote: »
    Ah that's just me being vulgar.

The psoriasis sounds rough. Yeah stress can affect motivation in the opposite way too. Overwhelming people to the point that they can't tackle it.

I know there are certainly cases which aren't laziness but health reasons. I think it's easy to tell the difference though.

unfortunately, many forms of 'laziness' are largely misunderstood by the majority

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Woke Hogan

Bob Harris wrote: »
    You don't read your own posts so.

Btw...get a car.

I certainly don’t remember reading any of yours.

I certainly don’t remember reading any of yours.

I'd put that down to poor memory and spending too many woking hours pounding your joints into osteoarthritis.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Woke Hogan

Bob Harris wrote: »
    I'd put that down to poor memory and spending too many woking hours pounding your joints into osteoarthritis.

Put it down to you being a non-entity, mate. While you’re going to wrack your brain frantically trying to top me with some lame quip I’m gonna walk away from this and never think about you again. Don’t bother your hole.

Put it down to you being a non-entity, mate. While you’re going to wrack your brain frantically trying to top me with some lame quip I’m gonna walk away from this and never think about you again. Don’t bother your hole.

Losers walk.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,174 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

I'm a classically trained programmer. I'll delightedly spend two days automating something that would take me ten minutes to do if I got up off my well-upholstered hole and actually did it. :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭tylercheribini

I am so lazy that I am not even bothered finishi......

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

I’m thinking that I’m lazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

I work hard and play hard. Might be accused of burning both ends of the candle at times, but I could never be accused of being lazy. That said, I've eased off the throttle a little in the past few years - my business pretty much runs itself at this stage, and I've made a conscious effort to spend more time partaking in hobbies I enjoy - golf, drinking pints, riding women, international travel.

I can't abide laziness though - losers sitting around complaining about everything and everyone while having no work ethic or gumption themselves. The classic hurler on the ditch. Blaming others for their own shortcomings in life, and then scratching themselves on the couch watching re-runs of The Chase while eating microwavable burgers.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,384 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I'm often accused of being lazy, but it's actually because I have psoriasis. It makes moving painful, causes me to have trouble falling asleep, and recent research has concluded that despite it being a skin condition, it definitely causes fatigue as so many with it report being fatigued. But they dont fully understand psoriasis, can't cure it, so the theory is the fatigue is linked to the inflammation and immune system overactivity associated with psoriasis.

In addition, people with psoriasis also report high incidences of depression. Depression also causes people to be less active and sleep more.

I try to exercise but guess what? Sweat and friction irritates my skin too. Can't swim in chlorinated water either.

It's affected me in every job I've had. Stress is the biggest trigger for it, so most jobs make it worse. And its caused me to be criticized often at jobs for moving slow during painful flare up days, caused me to miss time or be late (it can take ages to get ready, have to put lotion on and then let it dry), have to take extra bathroom breaks to apply creams or scratch. All of which seems to others like I am avoiding work.

It directly caused me to be let go from both my last 2 jobs and now I'm on the dole long term and of course I get called lazy for that too. It really hurts me. I try my best. But I'm sore and tired and doctors cant cure me. I may move less or slower than you but it may actually take me more effort to function than you.

So please don't be so hard on what looks like a lazy person if you don't know their story. Sorry for being serious in AH I know it's lame but whatever.

I hear people talking about fatigue, I probably did too , as being 'tired '. Yes it's being tired , but physically and mentally and it can drastically affect all aspects of a 'normal ' life.
    Still others tell me to snap out of it or such like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Raconteuse wrote: »
    My friend's sister used to phone people in the kitchen to bring her in a cup of tea. And she would Hoover stuff on the floor (e.g. socks) up, instead of bending down to pick it up.

Oh yeah, I’ve done that. And still would if I lived in a house rather than an apartment.

The Hoover thing is clever. Save your back! That’s working smarter, not harder. Only if there’s a lot of things to be picked up though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

I have a friend like this. Rather than use her initative or retain any information, she will ask the same questions over and over again rather than figure the answer out herself.

An example would be that when we arrange to meet up, she will ask over. and over. again what the plan is.
    So say we'd plan to meet at a specific coffee shop at 2pm. Then the next day she'd message saying "what time are we meeting again?", even though all she has to do is SCROLL UP for the answer.
    So we'll tell her. And then the next day it'll be "which coffee shop again"...even though again, all she has to do is scroll up. She does this for everything and could ask easily 5/6 times between arranging the meet up & actually meeting up.
    Its beyond frustrating.

One time we were going to the cinema, and she asked 5 times on the day what time the movie was on at.
    The fifth time she asked, we all got annoyed with her, at this point it had been an hour since she last asked and an hour until the movie started.
    So we said we weren't answering and to just bloody scroll up for the time...So she never showed up and got really cross with us, because we wouldn't tell her what time the movie was on at, and she had to miss the movie because we didn't reply. Even though she had already been told 5 times that DAY, and it was also the only showing, so a quick google could have answered her query too.

She's lucky we love her. I have high blood pressure even typing this out & thinking about it. Its literally the most annoying frustrating thing ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

I wash myself with a rag on a stick.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

I wash myself with a rag on a stick.

I’m moist. Keep talking.

When I've gotten everything that needs to be done, done - that's when the laziness is allowed full rein. Can't relax enough to be lazy if something is outstanding.

I've had toast for dinner if it's just me because I can't be bothered cooking for one. I've called the kitchen for a cup of tea and I once asked the cat to hand me a spoon. That's probably more stupidity than laziness though.

I can't stand people who expect you to do their thinking or remembering for them because they can't be bothered themselves. No, I will not remind you and take responsibility for you not doing something if I don't, you're in charge of your own responsibilities!

Someone told me last year that I'd gotten lazy, but at the time I was struggling under the weight of bereavement and that weight slowed me down until I assimilated and coped with it. I know depression can be the same, it's a weight that slows, so it's not always laziness or slovenliness that keeps someone in bed or on the sofa.

Candie wrote: »
    When I've gotten everything that needs to be done, done - that's when the laziness is allowed full rein. Can't relax enough to be lazy if something is outstanding.

I've had toast for dinner if it's just me because I can't be bothered cooking for one. I've called the kitchen for a cup of tea and I once asked the cat to hand me a spoon. That's probably more stupidity than laziness though.

I can't stand people who expect you to do their thinking or remembering for them because they can't be bothered themselves. No, I will not remind you and take responsibility for you not doing something if I don't, you're in charge of your own responsibilities!

Someone told me last year that I'd gotten lazy, but at the time I was struggling under the weight of bereavement and that weight slowed me down until I assimilated and coped with it. I know depression can be the same, it's a weight that slows, so it's not always laziness or slovenliness that keeps someone in bed or on the sofa.

you d be surprised of the amount of people that have memory issues, and issues such as impaired executive function

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    you d be surprised of the amount of people that have memory issues, and issues such as impaired executive function

Absolutely, that's not laziness though. Constantly asking someone to remind you to do something so you can blame them if when you don't do it, that's laziness.

Candie wrote: »
    Absolutely, that's not laziness though. Constantly asking someone to remind you to do something so you can blame them if when you don't do it, that's laziness.

bereavement is very difficult to deal with to, im sorry for your loss, its very painful

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    bereavement is very difficult to deal with to, im sorry for your loss, its very painful

Thanks. It comes to us all sooner or later, it doesn't hurt to remember it can change people, at least for a while. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

I was going to type out a long answer but I couldn’t be arsed...too much work.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,497 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Out shopping with the wife last week and out of the blue she called me the laziest bastard she’d ever met.
    I was so shocked I nearly fell out of the trolley.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,172 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

I ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭MoashoaM

terribly

Advertisement