Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stories friends swear are true

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,084 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

We all know the one of a fella whose sister/cousin went off with a fella in Amsterdam. They were kissing at his doorstep and he was mad to invite her in, but she felt a bit apprehensive and turned him down.

She returns back to Ireland and develops a rash. Goes to the doctor, where its discovered that a rash such as that can only be gotten by someone in contact with dead bodies.

In the meantime the weird Dutch guys apartment is raided by police and there are a few murdered women buried under the floorboards!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

We all know the one of a fella whose sister/cousin went off with a fella in Amsterdam. They were kissing at his doorstep and he was mad to invite her in, but she felt a bit apprehensive and turned him down.

She returns back to Ireland and develops a rash. Goes to the doctor, where its discovered that a rash such as that can only be gotten by someone in contact with dead bodies.

In the meantime the weird Dutch guys apartment is raided by police and there are a few murdered women buried under the floorboards!

Or they got it from someone who worked in a morgue.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭holliehobbie

Micky 32 wrote: »
    A woman told me today that if you're irish you'll either have an aunt Mary or an uncle John or both, she's adamant it's true. I have an aunt Mary alright.
    I actually have 3 aunt Marys and one uncle John!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭heldel00

^^^ and generations to come will have an aunt Shakira and an Uncle Jayden/ Hayden/ Kayden.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

One of my friends swears she knows someone who was an 'actress' for the russian mafia.

She said if you ever need chloroform or roofies or mild honey trapping ask her.

She said they treated her quite well and were quite polite.

I actually know someone else who said her guy friend had a girlfriend who did something similar in her past.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭mikemac2

My great grandparents were newly weds but missed the connection to Titanic from Cobh

Half of Ireland was supposed to take that trip

Went on to be in the GPO in 1916 with 100,000 other patriots

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Standman

There was this one I actually read on boards, a bit out there but possibly the most plausible one I've come across.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,790 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

nthclare wrote: »
    Everyone I know from Cork City who's over 44 knows someone or themselves seen Nirvana in Sir Henry s even though I heard that there was only twenty odd people there...

What are the odds of that :)

That gig was packed out.
    Nirvana were supporting Sonic Youth. The gig was sold out by SY.
    Probably 500+ people at it.

Two I've heard loads of times,

My ma's friends grand daughter went to the zoo on a school tour and when she got home she had a penguin in her schoolbag.

The other is

Two lads from collage took acid and went out in town,on the way home they found a leprechaun and brought him home.
    Next day they had forgotten until they heard something coming from the closet.
    opened it up and there was a man with downs syndrome in there!

Both total bull ****e but have heard them both at least 3 times from different groups

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Stop moaning ffs

The story about the ketamine party and one of the lads finding a magic elf that he found and has it upstairs and it turning out to be a Down’s syndrome kid he’d taken back to the party from a booze run to the shops sounds unbelievable but I was there and It actually happened

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

heldel00 wrote: »
    ^^^ and generations to come will have an aunt Shakira and an Uncle Jayden/ Hayden/ Kayden.

And an uncle Mary.

This place has gone so bad, I'm having to make my own transphobic jokes. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

Hahahaha cringe. Just in the aftermath of the graphic awe inspiring visuals of 9/11, the thoughts of Grafton St, next scene of a terrorist attack seems so quaint. Ofc we weren’t oblivious to terrorism on this island before and the nature of terrorist attacks in Europe in recent years show an attack like this possible but just find it funny the self-importance and Irish centric nature of this one.

The story is about someone helping a Muslim with something and getting a warning not to be at the twin towers, the night club in Paris, Tower Bridge etc on the day of the attacks. In any version I heard it was about an actual attack that happened. Not a supposed one on Grafton Street.

I'm sure that's what the poster meant too. Not sure why they used Grafton Street as an example though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭redmgar

Wheety wrote: »
    The story is about someone helping a Muslim with something and getting a warning not to be at the twin towers, the night club in Paris, Tower Bridge etc on the day of the attacks. In any version I heard it was about an actual attack that happened. Not a supposed one on Grafton Street.

I'm sure that's what the poster meant too. Not sure why they used Grafton Street as an example though :D
    I heard the grafton street one, and a specific date.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

redmgar wrote: »

Did the person actually avoid Grafton Street on that day? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭touts

The local election candidate who only got 4 votes and is standing in the count center with his wife, both his parents and his brother knowing one of them didn't vote for him.

touts wrote: »
    The local election candidate who only got 4 votes and is standing in the count center with his wife, both his parents and his brother knowing one of them didn't vote for him.

Remember that.
    Still wondering what the outcome was in the pub or at dinner that night :)

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Sinus pain

redmgar wrote: »
    Wheety wrote: »

Me too I’ve heard graftin st and specific date (it was just after Christmas - I seen it on Facebook)

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭redmgar

There was one were if you put your phonecard (remember them) in the freezer you would get unlimited credit.

Sinus pain wrote: »
    Me too I’ve heard graftin st and specific date (it was just after Christmas - I seen it on Facebook)

There might be something to it.

The last few years at the annual Christmas busk on Christmas Eve has seen massive Garda presence blocking it off at both ends with barriers etc.

Also the huge block planters at grafton and henry st are specifically there to stop any loon in a car going on a rampage.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭noubliezjamais

The one where some guy in SE Asia goes on holiday with his friends then has nightmares the first and second day about drinking booze in the mirror, vomiting and getting grey eyes.

He tells friends and they all decide not to drink anything. turns out that it saved his life. Someone at the resort tainted the cheap booze with methanol and it caused one of the other tourists to go completely blind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭petros1980

idnkph wrote: »
    Lots of lads over the years saying they brought a friend out shooting and asked a farmer for permission. The farmer agrees and tells them they can have permission on the condition that in the first field at the end of the lane there is an old bull that is if no use anymore so if he kills the bull he can shoot the land.
    The friend of course was in the car/jeep and didn't hear of this condition.
    So when they get out with the guns and into the field he says to the friend "watch this" points the gun at the bull and shoots it dead ( thinking he will frighten the friend) but the friend says that's deadly and starts randomly shooting all the cows in the field.
    The amount of lads I heard this from is unreal and they all swear to god.

:pac::pac::pac: Had heard this almost word for word when I was a teenager 20 years ago....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

There is a story in my husband’s family about one of his aunts going on a date with Phil Lynott. But I have to say, I believed it because of the high level of detail in the story and because it happened where she was from which wasn’t Dublin. But now I’m doubting it!

Not friends but i've personally lost count how many times a taxi driver has told me they saw the black woman leave the buggy at the bus stop.

Hilarious, especially when you consider the number of taxi drivers who told me 'they' all get free cars!

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭MeTheMan

touts wrote: »

Wasn't there a fella in the last EU elections who got one vote and was in the count centre with wife and kids?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

If you’re getting mugged at an atm and type your number backwards, it will alert the guards.
    Works wonders against very slow muggers.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Neighbour of mine ( British guy) claims to have flatted with the Yorkshire ripper, he would have been about ten years old at the time.

Same guy claims to have been blackmailed by corrupt Spanish cops after being involved in a traffic accident close to Gibraltar, had to live on scraps for three days afterwards as they left him with only his clothes

Might be true on both counts, you never know for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,843 ✭✭✭enricoh

A dreamer in the local boozer had a son that was away travelling all the time. He had no dough so would go to the cheapest places in africa to get more bang for his buck.

One time he was hitch hiking in arse end of africa and a car pulls up and some aristocrat type asks him are you one of the sweeneys from bettystown! (he was!) real dr. Livingstone stuff.

Another time the pilot got a heart attack n died, as the plane starts hurtling to the ground junior took over n saved the day!

Some tribe also made him their head honcho/ deity that they worship n he gets to knock off any woman he wants.
    Etc, etc, etc!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Sheridan81

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    Neighbour of mine ( British guy) claims to have flatted with the Yorkshire ripper, he would have been about ten years old at the time.

Who would have been ten-the neighbour or the Yorkshire ripper?

And what age is the neighbour now?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭xabi

Aussie bird on her period tells yer man to “stick it up my ****ter mate”

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Sheridan81 wrote: »
    Who would have been ten-the neighbour or the Yorkshire ripper?

And what age is the neighbour now?

Neighbour is circa 52, the ripper was caught by police in January 1981

Would have been closer to fifteen around the time of the killings, still an unlikely tale

Advertisement