Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stories friends swear are true

Options
  • 25-07-2019 2:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Do you have any hacks / cheats that your someone you know claims deffo happened to a friends brothers cousin but sound very dubious?

Such as if you over pay by cheque a speeding ticket, they cant cash it but your fine gets cancelled.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

That story about minding a neighbour's dog while they're away, the dog dies, so they have to put it in a suitcase to carry it to the vet and the suitcase gets stolen. I've heard that story three times from three separate people.

Then of course there's Douglas Adams's story about the packet of biscuits which I've also heard people pass off as their own (of course Douglas probably borrowed it as well).

Not really what you were looking for maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,182 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Not friends but i've personally lost count how many times a taxi driver has told me they saw the black woman leave the buggy at the bus stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

You ARE the kids father Harry, look at his lovely brown eyes. There nice alright says I, they match his lovely brown skin. Now stop fkin turning up at me door at this bloody hour :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,754 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Friend of a friend told Shane Lowry to "go on" last Sunday. He duly did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Tammy!

Everyone from Dublin has an aunt that once dated Phil Lynott.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭Pauliedragon

You ARE the kids father Harry, look at his lovely brown eyes. There nice alright says I, they match his lovely brown skin. Now fkin turning up at me door at this bloody hour :mad:
    Of course Charles is your father Harry. It's a coincidence you're the spitting image of a guy your mum just happened to be sleeping with around the time you were conceived.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

JeanL wrote: »

Possibly true - he did get around

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭0byme75341jo28

Not friends but i've personally lost count how many times a taxi driver has told me they saw the black woman leave the buggy at the bus stop.

I've heard the same but also a variation with them just leaving buggies in their old social housing before they got moved to a bigger house. Who believes this sh*t?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,335 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I knew a guy who went to college in Cork and was from Ennis. He he said it cost them over €80 to drive from Ennis to Cork in their 1.2 litre Renault Clio.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,582 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

An acquaintance told me of her friend who was in the local shopping centre
    And she looked into her buggy and saw that her daughter was gone.
    And she screamed and the security guard came running.
    And he closed down the shopping centre so all of the exit doors were shut.
    And they searched for the child.
    And they went into the bathrooms.

...and found the child, who'd been changed into boy clothing and had had her hair cut short to make her look like a boy.
    And this happened in the town next to us and oddly enough, never made it onto the news or into the papers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭redmgar

The friend that was there when a terrorist attack happened in the exact spot...…………………………..
    One week before.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,754 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

redmgar wrote: »
    The friend that was there when a terrorist attack happened in the exact spot...…………………………..
    One week before.

That's a great one. I must know about 20 people who were at the Twin Towers in early September 2001.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭nthclare

Everyone I know from Cork City who's over 44 knows someone or themselves seen Nirvana in Sir Henry s even though I heard that there was only twenty odd people there...

What are the odds of that :)

When people who are well off and live in very plush areas say they'd like a halting site in there area!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,601 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

The girl with the snake that takes to lying beside her on the bed.

Turns out the snake is measuring her to ensure she can be swallowed whole.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

redmgar wrote: »
    One week before.

Katherine Thomas even got an Indo article out it...

http://vipmagazine.ie/kathryn-thomas-opens-up-about-mums-near-miss-in-tunisia-terrorist-attack/

This was from around time they had a daily quota of Katherine Thomas articles in the Indo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

During the Celtic Tiger, the following happened to a lot of friends of friends:

Their wedding was scheduled for Ashford Castle/ Castle Leslie/ Adare Manor on a certain date when the hotel gives them a call asking could they possibly move the date. The reason being that Paul McCartney & Heather Mills/ David and Victoria Beckham wanted to get married/ renew their vows in that particular hotel on that certain date. To compensate Paul/ David would pay for their entire wedding on a different date. They were extremely generous as there happened to be a ton of weddings in these locations on that particular day

Definitely a joke in there somewhere about Heather Mills and having your leg pulled

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭The Real Ramona

The year Posh and Becks got married in Ireland, everyone seemed to know the couple who had apparently chosen their date at the venue first and then were offered to have their mortgage paid off by P&B in exchange for the date.

Same story went around the month of Posh & Becks' 10 year anniversary. The story was that they wanted to renew their vows at the same venue but someone already had booked that date, so they offered them insane money to change their date.

I'm sure neither happened but everyone seemed to know a friend of the couples apparently involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,182 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

I've heard the same but also a variation with them just leaving buggies in their old social housing before they got moved to a bigger house. Who believes this sh*t?

god knows who :pac:
    The last time a taxi driver told me I said to him it's a load of bollocks. He then told me how his "mate" seen it and swore he wasn't the liar either.
    Either he's a spoofer or a fool. lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Or a relation who was in the GPO in 1916...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Phileas Frog

The man in the white van driving around estates offering sweets to the children.

Larry Murphy is in the local town!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Also everyone in Corks granddad was in the RA.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭xabi

Heard one recently, Becks and crew decided they wanted a particular house in Portrush for the Open. Owner keeps refusing money offers, 10K, 20K, 30K etc. Eventually Becks decides to pay off yer mans 200K mortgage and he accepts.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭The Real Ramona

xabi wrote: »
    Heard one recently, Becks and crew decided they wanted a particular house in Portrush for the Open. Owner keeps refusing money offers, 10K, 20K, 30K etc. Eventually Becks decides to pay off yer mans 200K mortgage and he accepts.

Same as the first wedding story I posted on the last page. The amounts were going up by 10k and the couple who had the date they wanted booked kept saying no until Becks offered to pay off their mortgage.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,441 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

The one about the girl going into pay for petrol and a sex attacker got into the back of the car and then attacks her from behind later.

Heard that from numerous people over the years.

Larry Murphy is in the local town!

lary lives with the monks up in wicklow

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Ush1 wrote: »
    Also everyone in Corks granddad was in the RA.
    In Tipp too I believe! Had a very old great uncle who apparently was an IRA local bigwig way back when or so everyone else said!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,432 ✭✭✭Markcheese

nthclare wrote: »
    Everyone I know from Cork City who's over 44 knows someone or themselves seen Nirvana in Sir Henry s even though I heard that there was only twenty odd people there...

What are the odds of that :)

Well everyone in Cork knows everyone else so...

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,601 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Yeah, I’ve a “friend” who’s always telling those type of “tales”. Been going on for over twenty years at this stage.

There was the one about the guy who finds out he’s about to ride a member of the travelling community when she tells him to “horse it into me, boss!”.

Or the one about the “closet goblin” where a guy takes acid and basically kidnaps a child with special needs and locks him into a wardrobe.

Or the one about the guy who “shíts the bed” in his girlfriend’s house and blames it on the dog, which gets put down as it was old and crapping inside is a sign they aren’t going to last long.

Or the one about the guy pulling a “strange”, hot, girl, who, during sex, stuffs a face cloth up his arse telling him he’ll “cum like a horse”. She whips it out as he’s about to blow his “muck” but instead of the frontal “joy” he ends up shítting all over the place. He then runs to the bathroom to clean up and when he returns the hot girl is rolling around and making “poo angels” on the bed.

All juvenile, fictitious, nonsense and all told with a straight face and a “swear to god”.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

Advertisement