Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stories friends swear are true

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Woke Hogan

Yeah, I’ve a “friend” who’s always telling those type of “tales”. Been going on for over twenty years at this stage.

There was the one about the guy who finds out he’s about to ride a member of the travelling community when she tells him to “horse it into me, boss!”.

Or the one about the “closet goblin” where a guy takes acid and basically kidnaps a child with special needs and locks him into a wardrobe.

Or the one about the guy who “shíts the bed” in his girlfriend’s house and blames it on the dog, which gets put down as it was old and crapping inside is a sign they aren’t going to last long.

Or the one about the guy pulling a “strange”, hot, girl, who, during sex, stuffs a face cloth up his arse telling him he’ll “cum like a horse”. She whips it out as he’s about to blow his “muck” but instead of the frontal “joy” he ends up shítting all over the place. He then runs to the bathroom to clean up and when he returns the hot girl is rolling around and making “poo angels” on the bed.

All juvenile, fictitious, nonsense and all told with a straight face and a “swear to god”.
    You really need to calm down with those inverted commas.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭xabi

Woke Hogan wrote: »

"ah", "be" nice

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭BENDYBINN

Woke Hogan wrote: »

He’s certainly “over done it”

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

What do people get out of this?
    Some kind of deception joy?
    I smile politely when they've finished their performance because there is nothing to be gained from challenging them. However, I've never understood the motive.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,628 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

topper75 wrote: »
    What do people get out of this?
    Some kind of deception joy?
    I smile politely when they've finished their performance because there is nothing to be gained from challenging them. However, I've never understood the motive.
    Some people believe everything they hear and read, sure it must be true if it's on Facebook.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,809 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

FunLover18 wrote: »
    That story about minding a neighbour's dog while they're away, the dog dies, so they have to put it in a suitcase to carry it to the vet and the suitcase gets stolen. I've heard that story three times from three separate people.

Then of course there's Douglas Adams's story about the packet of biscuits which I've also heard people pass off as their own (of course Douglas probably borrowed it as well).

Not really what you were looking for maybe.

Bit late bringing it to a vet if it’s already dead no?
    They’re good but they ain’t miracle workers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭Duane Dibbley

Ush1 wrote: »
    Also everyone in Corks granddad was in the RA.

My Grandad was but im from Dublin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

Markcheese wrote: »
    Well everyone in Cork knows everyone else so...

Well everyone in Cork is related to everyone else in Cork.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Sheridan81

I had a friend who, with a straight face, told me he knew a guy who kept a woman chained up in his basement and was going to try to blackmail him before going to the Gardai. I couldn't believe what I was hearing so I whacked him with a shovel and he's down there now too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭PinotNero

All unsolved murders of women in Ireland are linked to Larry Murphy, regardless of facts or evidence.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,575 ✭✭✭✭banie01

is_that_so wrote: »
    In Tipp too I believe! Had a very old great uncle who apparently was an IRA local bigwig way back when or so everyone else said!

Well, in Tipp if ya go back more than 3 generations....
    Everyone is related ;)

So myth confirmed IMO :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

PinotNero wrote: »
    All unsolved murders of women in Ireland are linked to Larry Murphy, regardless of facts or evidence.

Hi Larry, this PR stunt won't work here, we know your game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Sheridan81

PinotNero wrote: »

That's one of the tricks of the police trade everywhere. Got a shady guy who is responsible for two or three attacks? Try to pin every cold case on him to clear the warehouse. Henry Lee Lucas is the most famous example.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,791 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Bono having dinner and the person asks his dining companion to take a photo of them and Bono together.

The person who they asked to take a pic just happened to be Bruce Springsteen.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,545 ✭✭✭Pauliedragon

Ipso wrote: »
    Well everyone in Cork is related to everyone else in Cork.
    All us langers are related to all the beours sometimes twice removed so that makes it ok. It might explain a certain Ms Thompsons actions though as the problem with inbreeding is it creates a lot of jealousy.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,088 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

More a friend of a friend.

Have a friend fron London who told me that onw of his mates growing up was from an Irish family and used to spend his summers in Ireland.

Apparently, he told my friend that he got his hole one summer. The girl he was with looked at him funny when he dropped the hand. Her words were: "No funny stuff, just lob it into me". At the time, we were with another Irish friend of mine and we both burst out laughing. Our London seemed to have been convinced that story was true all along.

Amazing that story actually made it out of the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Friend of a friend was on Bus Eireann and the tourist Yanks were impressed they built Bunratty Castle so close to Shannon airport

Insert Windsor castle and Heathrow for the English version

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭OneArt

Friend from secondary school said that in primary school, one girl vehemently believed in fairies even at the age of 11. Fair enough, but what made it weird that the the parents actively encouraged it. The girl would write letters to the fairies and the parents would write responses. She apparently even brought the letters in as proof.

This friend who knew the girl was a known waffler, though. I think I would've believed it if anyone else had told me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Peatys

Delivery driver collecting cash (?) scores and she brings him back to the house. They do the deed, next morning he wakes, jacket gone with the collected cash.

He wrecks the house, (how much damage varies from story to story, shítting and rubbing it on the curtains has been mentioned) and on the way down the stairs, meets herself with the jacket on and breakfast bought.

He grabs the jacket and cash still in pocket, runs.

And loads of friends from Sligo to Dublin have mates who a traveler lady told them to

"Lob it into me boss, none of your fancy business"

• Advertisement

Heard of a good few taxi men who were told to bring a tourist to Killarney from Dublin airport only to get there and realise they were meant to go to Killiney.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭nthclare

mikemac2 wrote: »
    Friend of a friend was on Bus Eireann and the tourist Yanks were impressed they built Bunratty Castle so close to Shannon airport

Insert Windsor castle and Heathrow for the English version

Omg why did they build a castle so close to the highway is another one

• Registered Users Posts: 16,628 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Peatys wrote: »
    And loads of friends from Sligo to Dublin have mates who a traveler lady told them to

"Lob it into me boss, none of your fancy business"

Was she a Ward sister mistaken for a nurse?

Was she a Ward sister mistaken for a nurse?

Definitely

• Registered Users Posts: 13,331 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

The girl with the snake that takes to lying beside her on the bed.

Turns out the snake is measuring her to ensure she can be swallowed whole.

Similar... The person with a pet snake in their bedroom who has stopped eating any food...
    ... Because it is preparing to eat the owner.

Yet more taxi men who collect yanks and are asked to do a detour through the Pheonix Park to try to get a pic of a leprechaun

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

Similar... The person with a pet snake in their bedroom who has stopped eating any food...
    ... Because it is preparing to eat the owner.

Survival of the fittest, snake prey just lets a 30 foot python lie beside them in the wild.

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭ltd440

Was told by a barman that a yank came into his pub looking for Ballygowan on draught because he'd given it down west cork. So he promptly copped on and served them the tap water and the yanks loved it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

The girl with the snake that takes to lying beside her on the bed.

Turns out the snake is measuring her to ensure she can be swallowed whole.

YES. I’ve had various people insist to me that that happened. But none of them ever knew the name of the person it happened to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

That's a great one. I must know about 20 people who were at the Twin Towers in early September 2001.

I know many more than 20, most of them where claiming the dole at the time though so they kept their mouths shut..

Advertisement