Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Daily weirdness of others

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Manzoor14

Buckfast W wrote: »
    Or some of the girls in work who eat a Kiwi without peeling it. *Shudders*

Heh, I just this exact same conversation during lunch there. I couldn't figure out why one wouldn't eat it! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

A lad i used to work with had a rip on the elbow of every shirt he wore to work, it wasn't the same shirt as he'd have about 4 or 5 different colours and it was always on the same arm. I never asked him about it as he always seemed like the kinda chap that would walk into the office some day and shoot the place up.

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Buckfast W

Manzoor14 wrote: »
    Heh, I just this exact same conversation during lunch there. I couldn't figure out why one wouldn't eat it! :p

Because it's hairy :( it's a hairy piece of fruit, it has hairs, its like a caterpillar

You sir are worse than hitler :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭pauliebdub

Neighbours who live across from me are very weird. A middle aged widow and two teenage kids who were never allowed out to play on the street. They are always peering out the window at people walking past. A couple of weeks ago I noticed a young mother pushing a buggy stopped for a couple of minutes to adjust the child's buggy outside their house, a couple of minutes after she moved on they all came out to examine their car and front garden see if she had damaged anything and kept looking down the road at her. Seriously weird.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

When I go to the toilet or have a shower I always start interviewing myself about an imaginary sports career that I admittedly have retired from but am still plagued by an imaginary reporter asking the same questions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭draiochtanois

This post has been deleted.

How would that rip his colleague's shirt?

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭redbel05

While on holidays in Alicante for a week there was a guy (in his late 60s I'd say) that would jog past our apartment wearing only shorts and flip-flops. Same time everyday.
    Which would have been perfectly normal (even the super-hairy chest isn't THAT weird), except that he was jogging BACKWARDS and looking over his shoulder every 5 or 6 steps to make sure nobody was coming.

Going at a good pace he was too, and quite admirable for a guy wearing flip-flops :D

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Manzoor14

Buckfast W wrote: »
    Because it's hairy :( it's a hairy piece of fruit, it has hairs, its like a caterpillar

You sir are worse than hitler :D

Hairy in the exact same as a peach though. :D
    Pyr0 wrote: »
    A lad i used to work with had a rip on the elbow of every shirt he wore to work, it wasn't the same shirt as he'd have about 4 or 5 different colours and it was always on the same arm. I never asked him about it as he always seemed like the kinda chap that would walk into the office some day and shoot the place up.

I've the exact same problem! Left elbow always wears away after a few weeks, from leaning that elbow on the desk. I've tried several different shirts, brands etc to no avail, I've loads of near perfect shirts but with no left elbows. I've started to buy and use elbow patches to extend my shirt life by a few months! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭Aint Eazy Being Cheezy

Admirable, but weird.

In my first ever 'proper' job, every thurs evening we'd ring in an order from the chipper for everyone. The way it was, cutting through an alleyway across a housing estate, it was faster to collect it on a bicycle than it was to drive the whole way around the block in a car.

This one fella used to go off on his bicycle to get it. Only thing was if it happened to be raining, he'd pull off his raincoat, wrap it around the food and cycle back. Food would be dry and hot but he'd end up wringing wet, and have to sit in work for another few hours with his tshirt stuck to him. :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

hoodini89 wrote: »
    My ex-housemate was the strangest chap.

- He had a bed in his own room but he slept on a mattress on the ground.

- My bedroom was beside the bathroom. His daily showers consisted of him singing the same song (Seven Nation Army) in particular the line 'I'm going to Wichita'.
    When finished his shower I'd hear him jump out of the shower/bath with his 2 feet together, a big thud. (Most people use one leg at a time I'm guessing when getting out.)

I can genuinely imagine an ex of mine doing all three of those things! he was weird, but I didn't care!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭6541

Someone might tell a story at work, then this guy in the group with a big red rounded bogman's head on him will take a deep breath, shuffle on his feet and proceed to tell some boring one upmanship story, I can actually time it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭Lorelli!

Used to work with a girl who would bring a two litre bottle filled with diluted orange, miwadi or something, to lunch every day. It just looked odd when shed drink it from the bottle.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

If people could witness a human being for 24 hours uncut no holds barred from waking to sleeping then every single person on the planet would be considered "weird".

• Registered Users Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭topmanamillion

buck65 wrote: »
    When I go to the toilet or have a shower I always start interviewing myself about an imaginary sports career that I admittedly have retired from but am still plagued by an imaginary reporter asking the same questions.

Haha I do this too! Although it generally goes along the lines of I`m the manager and we started slowly in the first 20 minutes but worked our way into the game and I have to explain this to the reporter.
    I wonder if its the same reporter?

I've become manager too at this stage, a kind of cerebral figure like Joe Schmidt but certainly not clean cut, maybe a bit radical but for the sake of the team or whatever.
    Also said reporter seems interested in me taking up swimming training and also about my reading habits. It is probably more of a day in the life kind of documentary now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭pauliebdub

6541 wrote: »
    Someone might tell a story at work, then this guy in the group with a big red rounded bogman's head on him will take a deep breath, shuffle on his feet and proceed to tell some boring one upmanship story, I can actually time it.

I used to work with a girl like that too, horrible fat ginger creature, would always try to get one up on someone else

i e; a colleague would pass accountancy exams - she would know someone who came first in the country or won an award. Someone went on a nice holiday - she went there too and had access to a nice villa and would go out on a yacht. Someone brings a homemade cake to work - she would know someone who owned an artisan cake shop and would do the cake differently. It was all bull****.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

It's possible yeah but the next question is why keep the shirts? Take in mind I worked with this guy for 8 years and it was always the same 4 or 5 shirts!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭ablelocks

I often see a guy walking around the 15 acres in the Phoenix Park chanting loudly "Woooooaaaahhhh"

living in a big white house and having to be the conscience of a nation can't be easy. If Michael D. wants to roam the Park and do some chants to help him get through it then let him off....

Pyr0 wrote: »
    It's possible yeah but the next question is why keep the shirts? Take in mind I worked with this guy for 8 years and it was always the same 4 or 5 shirts!

I think this solves the mystery:
    I've the exact same problem! Left elbow always wears away after a few weeks, from leaning that elbow on the desk. I've tried several different shirts, brands etc to no avail, I've loads of near perfect shirts but with no left elbows. I've started to buy and use elbow patches to extend my shirt life by a few months! :o

As for keeping the shirts if it happens after only a few weeks what's the point in buying a new shirt not to mention the expense of buying new shirts every few weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,744 ✭✭✭diomed

I'm retired now.
    When I started work we often went to lunch as a group a few times a week.
    One of the guys always got extra helpings of everything for dinner.
    There was a massive pyramid of meat, veg, and mashed potato on his plate.
    He never ate dessert because he was "on a diet".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,744 ✭✭✭diomed

If it is a cotton shirt. Polycotton will last years. Never buy cotton shirts.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,800 ✭✭✭take everything

hoodini89 wrote: »
    My ex-housemate was the strangest chap.

- He had a bed in his own room but he slept on a mattress on the ground.

- My bedroom was beside the bathroom. His daily showers consisted of him singing the same song (Seven Nation Army) in particular the line 'I'm going to Wichita'.
    When finished his shower I'd hear him jump out of the shower/bath with his 2 feet together, a big thud. (Most people use one leg at a time I'm guessing when getting out.)

Love it.
    I love how if this guy is a boardsie and reading this he'll instantly recognise himself in this post.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,800 ✭✭✭take everything

Guy I know has to check that his car doors are locked even though he's just locked them with the remote central locking fob.

Sometimes he unlocks and locks them again with the fob just to be sure.

OK, it's me :o

Ha.
    I sometimes do the same.

Guy I know has to check that his car doors are locked even though he's just locked them with the remote central locking fob.

Sometimes he unlocks and locks them again with the fob just to be sure.

OK, it's me :o

I do this. The remote control is highly unreliable and sometimes one of the doors can be left unlocked even though the alarm is engaged.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

If people could witness a human being for 24 hours uncut no holds barred from waking to sleeping then every single person on the planet would be considered "weird".

Yes, especially the person responsible for setting this up.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    What's really weird is that when you are driving its a 30 km journey, but on mondays, when your colleague is picked up by their partner, you can both do it in 25?

I don't live in a classroom :) After we get to the 25km mark, we part ways and I continue on home the last 5km alone ... smarty pants :pac:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    What's really weird is that when you are driving its a 30 km journey, but on mondays, when your colleague is picked up by their partner, you can both do it in 25?

250px-Stonecutter_tunnel.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭hoodini89

IK09 wrote: »
    I honestly hurt myself laughing at this :pac:

Haha glad to be of service :)

That same housemate of mine blocked the toilet before after flushing sandwiches and pasta down it. When my other housemate questioned him over it he claimed he was saving on household waste.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

People get very weird in the bathroom.

I used to live in a house that appeared to be made of papier mache and amplifiers and every morning, a housemate used to go pee but within seconds of the door shutting, you'd hear the toilet flush. There was always a slight yellowness to the bowl afterwards. I mean, everyone know how toilets work, right???

Advertisement