Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do You Have a Hobby?

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭robinwing

Can anyone recommend any good cheap hobbies for a 30 year old? I feel like I have none apart from investing, I've ten years experience of it and amnt the worst stock picker

Am getting a drone to fly as injury rules out football etc , I am getting a cheap beginner drone and joining this group

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058014701&page=2

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭CUCINA

jiltloop wrote: »
    My hobby for the past almost 20 years has been making electronic music. I always had a creative itch that I needed to scratch so even as a kid I would always be drawing or colouring or just creating something.

Then I got into electronic music and was interested in how it was made and went from there. I've owned and sold dozens of synthesisers over the years and love spending a couple of hours getting lost in making weird sounds and experimenting with different things, sometimes I make songs but more often than not it is just a bit of cathartic and hugely satisfying tinkering.

The great thing about making your own music is when you have a tune or melody that creeps in to your head that you're really enjoying but can't place who it is and then your suddenly realise it's one of your own tunes.

So you might be interested in going to the Olympia Theatre on 29th this month...Midge Ure of VISAGE and ULTRAVOX re-visiting his early eighties heyday...
    Another electronic music man was a Japanese musician, Isao Tomita, I still have his LP from the same era. On it, he does covers of classical music, and an interesting version of "Close Encounter" film theme, from what I remember...

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 13 Goodoldday1

Ya lying next to a niose I can’t even explain but wrecks my head 🙈🙈

Advertisement