Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dead bodies left on trolleys in corridors.

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,260 ✭✭✭✭elperello

They sent a lad to the local pub to get a few plastic bags full of ice.

That would be funny in a. macabre sort of way if it were not for the Hollies Street fiasco when that's what they did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Force Carrier

elperello wrote: »
    That would be funny in a. macabre sort of way if it were not for the Hollies Street fiasco when that's what they did.

Sorry I didnt know about that. Meant no offense

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

elperello wrote: »
    I fear you may be right if they can get away with it.

It will go off the front pages and be forgotten about until the next scandal arrives and nothing will be done.

There has been ridiculous amount of upsetting scandals. Anyone of them would have had ministers resigning in a lot of countries. This is the cycle.

On a note of macabre humour I myself might give instructions to take a leaf out of P&E Kennel’s book to deal with my own remains should the hospital have no space in a refrigerated corpse drawer, or indeed I wouldn’t mind sharing a drawer provided the company was good!

Thankfully the Dublin hospital where my parents died were able to provide thorough refrigeration and both got laid out beautifully in the mortuary chapel on their respective occasions. It is so utterly important for the memories of the loved ones.

Sorry I didnt know about that. Meant no offense

No harm done.

Sometimes a little humour can ease the most dreadful situations.

I was referring to this case from the long HSE rap sheet.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/health/holles-street-doctors-sought-ice-from-pub-to-help-patient-1.3069120?mode=sample&auth-failed=1&pw-origin=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.irishtimes.com%2Fnews%2Fhealth%2Fholles-street-doctors-sought-ice-from-pub-to-help-patient-1.3069120

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,533 ✭✭✭Floppybits

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    It will go off the front pages and be forgotten about until the next scandal arrives and nothing will be done.

There has been ridiculous amount of upsetting scandals. Anyone of them would have had ministers resigning in a lot of countries. This is the cycle.

This is exactly it. They take the kicking knowing it will die down and then it will be forgotten about.

I heard on the news that they will now have mobile refrigeration on site. Why did it take things to go public before doing that? Its a complete no brainer to a normal person.

Floppybits wrote: »
    This is exactly it. They take the kicking knowing it will die down and then it will be forgotten about.

I heard on the news that they will now have mobile refrigeration on site. Why did it take things to go public before doing that? Its a complete no brainer to a normal person.

https://www.thejournal.ie/university-hospital-waterford-mortuary-4608574-Apr2019/

Confirmation.
    No credit to management and politicians.
    Thanks to doctors who blew the whistle and journalist who broke the story.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,826 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

After declaring last week that there was no evidence to back up claims that dead bodies were being allowed to decompose on trolley's in the corridors of University Hospital Waterford the leader of our country has now done a complete U-Turn and admitted the four consultants were not lying and he has made an apology.

Leo and his buddies got a massive fright after getting a fair few slaps of reality during the week and I'd say there's a whole lot more coming to him, the man is a living disgrace.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

After declaring last week that there was no evidence to back up claims that dead bodies were being allowed to decompose on trolley's in the corridors of University Hospital Waterford the leader of our country has now done a complete U-Turn and admitted the four consultants were not lying and he has made an apology.

Leo and his buddies got a massive fright after getting a fair few slaps of reality during the week and I'd say there's a whole lot more coming to him, the man is a living disgrace.

Just read about this on the Saturday news. The man has no shame whatsoever, he's actually starting to make Enda look competent.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,826 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Just read about this on the Saturday news. The man has no shame whatsoever, he's actually starting to make Enda look competent.

He's turning into a half Irish version of Donald Trump.

We are wondering how the f*ck he got in charge, he has illusions of grandeur, is completely away with the birds (mostly Ostrich) and seems oblivious to why he was elected.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

I can't believe his arrogance or his stupidity.
    He's a complete empty vessel.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

this is just temporary news.
    it'll go away like every other thing that happens, no one will be held unaccountable, nothing will be done to improve the situation and life will continue.

the hse is appalling

I'm unable to understand the way this matter has been handled by An Taoiseach.
    Every culture in the World has a special way of dealing with human remains.
    Even in poor third world countries the rituals and customs involved are strictly prescribed.
    How he could not realise that this was no ordinary political matter is beyond me.

Advertisement