Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getflix.com smart DNS lifetime subscription $29

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭R11

OmegaGene wrote: »
    The app is great you can switch Netflix USA on and off too

Never knew that. I can see the option in settings, thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Anyone got a link for the Black Friday deal ?
    I can't see to find it on the site.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,640 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

Anyone got a link for the Black Friday deal ?
    I can't see to find it on the site.

Have you tried entering the code at checkout ?

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Have you tried entering the code at checkout ?

No, because I'm an idiot.
    You're a star, thank you! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,171 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Anyone else find they need to "update IP" nearly everyday on their site ? Is there a way around that happening?

You need to set up a dynamic DNS on your router using a site like No-IP. Once it's set up on your router and entered onto your getflix account (https://www.getflix.com.au/manage/ip-address) Getflix will check your IP automatically every 5 minutes to keep it up to date.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭DivingDuck

If anyone has tried both, would you recommend this, or NordVPN?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,148 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Signed up for this mainly for Netflix and iPlayer. Got both working which is great!

Anyone else using it for stuff other than these two? Anything funky you'd recommend?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Fecking missed this again!

RossieMan wrote: »
    Fecking missed this again!

Are you sure it’s finished ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Are you sure it’s finished ?

you're right, worked fine through Chrome but not Firefox! strange!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 CADDmaster

I have a Barnes & Nobel Nook eReader and need to be able update its software, unfortunately their support site only allows access from the US & Canada.
    I have thought of using a VPN, but my Nook eReader only connects directly to the router via WiFi.

Would I gain access using Smart DNS or is there alternative way?

Any Help or Assistance would be Greatly Appreciated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭Mike9832

Does it still work with netflix?

US, UK versions etc

Mike9832 wrote: »
    Does it still work with netflix?

US, UK versions etc

Yep

I'm on the lifetime sub so I don't know why they keep emailing me offers, but anyways...

Their black Friday offer is on now. It's 70% off a 24 month subscription bringing the price down to $34.64/€29.97

A Getflix sub also includes VPN access as well as the smart DNS.
    *Full VPN Network access is also included for free! Currently, we have more than 500+ VPN, SmartVPN, TorrentVPN, Socks5, Squid3 network servers. No Joke! This is the real best deal in the world to access a VPN network as well.
    How do I get the 70% Black Friday Discount?

To claim this special offer, simply login to your Getflix account and go to the "Subscription" section here: https://www.getflix.com/manage/subscription

Click on the "Promo Code" tab and enter the code 2020FRIDAY70 to claim your 70% Black Friday lifetime discount on two yearly subscriptions.

Promo Code: 2020FRIDAY70

Once you apply the code to your account, you can subscribe for 24 months using your Credit Card or PayPal!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Oat23 wrote: »
    I'm on the lifetime sub so I don't know why they keep emailing me offers, but anyways...

Their black Friday offer is on now. It's 70% off a 24 month subscription bringing the price down to $34.64/€29.97

A Getflix sub also includes VPN access as well as the smart DNS.

This can be added to an existing subscription in case anyone is wondering.

Great service and a great price

Great service and a great price

Customer support is very good too. I opened a ticket a while ago asking them to add a site and they replied within 20 minutes. Support for the site was added a few days later.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

Yeah I bought a lifetime sub for cheap maybe three years ago. Only use the dns switcher and mainly for iPlayer. Works great for it.

On the odd time I’ve had an issue customer support has been excellent and problem has been resolved.

Worth the price for iPlayer which is a fantastic service.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭branners69

adox wrote: »
    Yeah I bought a lifetime sub for cheap maybe three years ago.

I bought this too, can you use it on android? I thought at the time it only worked on pc?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,358 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

I have the keep solid VPN, which I think only works for US Netflix, does this work for any other Netflix regions?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Which channel group works for iPlayer, it's not on any setting I can see.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭baingal nancer

Anyone have any issues setting up the dns on eir modem?been trying since yesterday, anything the support team suggests still doesn't work

Which channel group works for iPlayer, it's not on any setting I can see.

You set up a U.K. dns and you’re good to go

Anyone have any issues setting up the dns on eir modem?been trying since yesterday, anything the support team suggests still doesn't work

Try it at device level

Try it at device level

Tried both ,android box lets me change the dns says saved but doesn't actually save and goes back to original. Tried several things on the modem as well still no luck

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Tried both ,android box lets me change the dns says saved but doesn't actually save and goes back to original. Tried several things on the modem as well still no luck

It's very hit and miss. I've it working on one Panasonic TV which gives me US Netflix on that TV. With the exact same settings on another Panasonic Netflix detects the proxy.

I know some people have said eir and virgin routers do not work and have to be bridged

It's very hit and miss. I've it working on one Panasonic TV which gives me US Netflix on that TV. With the exact same settings on another Panasonic Netflix detects the proxy.

You need to refresh the dns on the website dashboard for it to work

I know some people have said eir and virgin routers do not work and have to be bridged

I only took a trial so glad I didn't pay for it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭bromley52

It's not ideal but you can set it up directly on the device if the router route isn't an option.

Advertisement