Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One and PS4 Deals @ Gamestop for Black Friday

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭sternn

I collected my PS4 from Agros today. No hassle - loads of stock. Same prices as Gamestop.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭CobraClan

This is a GameStop thread ;-)

Oops!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭raclle

aidz wrote: »
    Argos deals very disappointing. They are 229 against gamestop and smyths deals of 199
    What deal is that for?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Gulliver

Is there any point in paying the extra for the Pro this late in the PS4's lifespan?
    Still have my trusty PS3 and was looking to upgrade. Should I just buy a slim and wait for PS5 to spend more?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Gulliver wrote: »
    Is there any point in paying the extra for the Pro this late in the PS4's lifespan?
    Still have my trusty PS3 and was looking to upgrade. Should I just buy a slim and wait for PS5 to spend more?

Depends if you want 4K really or if VR is important to you.

For 1080p gaming, the difference between regular and pro PS4 is negligible.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

Does gamestop send dispatched emails when they post stuff? Or is it just the order confirmation mail and thats it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Shred

Does gamestop send dispatched emails when they post stuff? Or is it just the order confirmation mail and thats it.

I got separate order confirmed, processing and dispatched e-mails for something I ordered yesterday from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭Degag

Are the offers likely to last till Cyber Monday?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 schmig

Bit of a threadjack here, but I'd really appreciate feedback on anyone else's experience with the Spiderman PS4 slim bundle. Picked one up for kids in sale today, paid 249.99 new, decided to check that was intact, opened it to find the following. Are Sony packaging their consoles like this now, or is this a returned console?

I don't see images rendered here..they're at https://imgur.com/a/F35ltPs and https://imgur.com/a/Jf0VHiJ

F35ltPs

Jf0VHiJ

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    For 1080p gaming, the difference between regular and pro PS4 is negligible.

Frame rate is often better at 1080p settings on the PS4 pro, giving a smoother more responsive gameplay experience. I could give or take 4k resolution over 1080p resolution... But give me 60fps gameplay over 30fps gameplay any day

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

schmig wrote: »
    Bit of a threadjack here, but I'd really appreciate feedback on anyone else's experience with the Spiderman PS4 slim bundle. Picked one up for kids in sale today, paid 249.99 new, decided to check that was intact, opened it to find the following. Are Sony packaging their consoles like this now, or is this a returned console?

I don't see images rendered here..they're at https://imgur.com/a/F35ltPs and https://imgur.com/a/Jf0VHiJ

F35ltPs

Jf0VHiJ

The PS4 bundle I got today had the same thing and I had exactly the same thought. Looked like someone had just chucked everything in.

However, the pro is a new model that was just released so extremely unlikely to be a return.

Cheers for the reply. In 18 years of buying consoles from one particular shop, I've had to return all of them (3 in total before this one) due to hardware faults present on day one. Replacement is then perfect and runs for years. Just want to establish whether I have persistent bad luck or Sony are now packaging their goods in this fashion. To be honest I'll remain inclined towards the former until I learn more. Interested in hearing whether anyone else has found unusual packaging. Sorry again about the threadjack folks.

Chatting with someone elsewhere and it seems the packaging is relatively rubbish for slim PS4s in UK and Ireland at least. So that answers my question, cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭phobia2011

So how good a deal is this lads, have one reserved in Argos, unsure whether to get it or hold out till Xmas or new year, already have a pro in kids room?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

manual_man wrote: »
    Frame rate is often better at 1080p settings on the PS4 pro, giving a smoother more responsive gameplay experience. I could give or take 4k resolution over 1080p resolution... But give me 60fps gameplay over 30fps gameplay any day

I agree with the last part except when has a fame such a big difference betweeen FPS on PS4?

None I know of anyway.

Advertisement