Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One and PS4 Deals @ Gamestop for Black Friday

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,127 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

cletus wrote: »
    Hmm, no confirmation email for me yet, just the “boys are having a look out back for you” message. Dont let me down gamestop

I ordered to collect at the liffey St store. I ordered at 6:03 last night. That shop closes at 6. Just got a mail saying they're out of stock and they've cancelled my order. Utter Dicks.

I'll see if I can order online from smyths and collect in store at lunch.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,629 ✭✭✭corks finest

In Argos same price ( PS4 pro e349)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

If that happens to me, ill never shop with them again. littlewoods is dead to me after doing that a few times last year.

If that happens to me, ill never shop with them again. littlewoods is dead to me after doing that a few times last year.

Last year I ordered a headset from them the week before Xmas and paid extra for 2 day delivery to my office. Took three weeks to deliver because the courier they use doesn't deliver to offices over the holidays because the office might be closed.I'm never using them again.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭cletus

Grayson wrote: »
    I ordered to collect at the liffey St store. I ordered at 6:03 last night. That shop closes at 6. Just got a mail saying they're out of stock and they've cancelled my order. Utter Dicks.

I'll see if I can order online from smyths and collect in store at lunch.

I got my confirmation email this morning. But I had one reserved in Argos in Naas, just in case. Once I actually have the GameStop one in my hand, your welcome to the Argos reservation code, if it's any good to you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,001 ✭✭✭Wossack

harvey norman advertising they'll price match black friday deals - so should be plenty of opportunity to get in on the deals

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭TPM

I received an email this morning thanking me for collecting my order but I havent collected it
    has anyone else got an email like this

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭coolclogher

Folks,

For the uneducated, whats the difference between PS4 500GB FIFA 19 Bundle and PS4 ITB Consile and FIFA 19? Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

Folks,

For the uneducated, whats the difference between PS4 500GB FIFA 19 Bundle and PS4 ITB Consile and FIFA 19? Thanks in advance
    Memory space. 1TB is twice 500GB.

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭ianob7

Folks,

double the on-board storage is the difference.. and maybe the fifa editions might differ from one bundle to another also

edit: Titzon beat me to it

• Advertisement

cletus wrote: »
    I got my confirmation email this morning. But I had one reserved in Argos in Naas, just in case. Once I actually have the GameStop one in my hand, your welcome to the Argos reservation code, if it's any good to you

Thanks for the offer but I live in maynooth, work in smithfield and don't drive :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭cletus

Well, I have the console in my sweaty little paws, and Grayson can't use my Argos code, so if anybody else could make use of it, let me know. If there's more than one, I'll give it to the first response

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭TPM

RE Order collected emails
    just got through to the store by phone (after 18 attempts)
    ##### DONT PANIC########
    THE STAFF PICKED AND PROCESSED THE ORDER FIRST THIN THIS MORNING BEFORE OPENING THE STORE AS THE ORDER EXPIRES AT CLOSING TIME

They were helpful and said once it was processes it could be collected after the order expires, and confirmed my complete order is set aside with my name on it.

mind you i still wont be delaying in picking it up

2018-11-23-10-35-27.png

It's still showing as available for click and collect in Liffey st. Which meant they have crappy stock controls systems.

My workmate who sits beside me ordered the same deal, 10 minutes after I did, from the same shop, and he hasn't got any mails yet.

Just ordered it from smyths. Took 10 minutes to get a text message saying the order is ready for collection.

My mate next to me, who ordered at the same time I did last night, still hasn't gotten his confirmation mail from gamestop. That's a really bad show from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭aidz

Gamestop website wont let me fulfil payment transaction. kicking me out saying issue with card details despite it being correct and operational

aidz wrote: »
    Gamestop website wont let me fulfil payment transaction. kicking me out saying issue with card details despite it being correct and operational

My mate had the problem last night. He ended up using paypal.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,718 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

I know this is Gamestop thread but XBox One S Forza 4 1tb bundle in Tesco for €199.99

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

Head to Argos I did

Folks,

Memory space. 1TB is twice 500GB.
    Plus the PS4 is older than the pro,and graphics etc I've been told are better?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Check your phone.
    Same happened to me, but AIB had blocked the transaction.
    Was ok once I replied.
    With black Friday, the banks probably have their automated fraud software on lower thresholds.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Harcrid

Plus the PS4 is older than the pro,and graphics etc I've been told are better?

yep but he is comparing PS4 to PS4, not PS4 to PS4 Pro

Popped down to smyths to pick up my preorder. My friend (the guy who ordered with me last night and still hadn't received confirmation) left me there and walked to liffey st to check on his gamestop order. Just as he got there he got the mail from gamestop cancelling the order. He came back to smyths, joined me in the queue and bought it there.

Neither of us are going near gamestop again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Canonfan

Hi may i ask is Red Dead Redemption 2 game hard copy or digital download. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭aidz

Head to Argos I did

Argos deals very disappointing. They are 229 against gamestop and smyths deals of 199

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭BobMc

and no paypal option available on some items on Gamestop today

Canonfan wrote: »
    Hi may i ask is Red Dead Redemption 2 game hard copy or digital download. Thanks.

I have Red Dead on the XB1 so I bought the fifa pro. There was a disk on the box.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

Can anyone tell me what the big deal is about Gamestop for this? Seems like a lot of hassle when you could just get the same deals and more certainty from Smyths or Argos? Do they have a loyalty programme or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

spockety wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me what the big deal is about Gamestop for this? Seems like a lot of hassle when you could just get the same deals and more certainty from Smyths or Argos? Do they have a loyalty programme or something?

No big deal really. It's just that the Gamestop prices got leaked fairly early and they also put their deals live before anyone else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,397 ✭✭✭pah

Kur4mA wrote: »
    No big deal really. It's just that the Gamestop prices got leaked fairly early and they also put their deals live before anyone else.

Yes I ordered and paid for the PS4 pro 2 days ago at the black Friday price before any of the other stores confirmed pricing

Advertisement