Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Movies

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,442 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Jude13 wrote: »
    Na, dog's are way more interesting than scheming ex's and waaaay safer even though we are kind of anonymous on here.

How about a compromise, then? Maybe it's your dog the one who has a scheming ex! I hear she's a right bitch!! :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

I know this thread is geared towards movies but any animated/kids Christmas specials worth looking at? Something where theres maybe a 30 minute episode of a show that's not really a movie but its a one off with a Christmas theme

Check out the Aardman YouTube Channel
    https://www.youtube.com/user/aardman/search?query=christmas

for example

• Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭funnights74

otnomart wrote: »
    Check out the Aardman YouTube Channel
    https://www.youtube.com/user/aardman/search?query=christmas

for example

Browsing through Netflix earlier tonnes of xmas movies in there and with 2 sky channels up and running and more to come its looking good for the next few monthsðŸ˜ðŸ˜ðŸ˜

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

OK I really enjoyed that clip and I don't think I'm the target audience :D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Amazon are selling this book...
    61oaaNCTBRL._SX403_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,758 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

odyssey06 wrote: »
    Amazon are selling this book...
    61oaaNCTBRL._SX403_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Posy has already done this :pac:

Netflix's Let it Snow trailer
    Usual spoiler alert !

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,758 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Netflix's Let it Snow trailer
    Usual spoiler alert !

Looks festive, cheesy and soppy.

I’ll definitely watch it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭joebloggs123

CheerLouth wrote: »
    For what age group? There are a good few out there - there's been a good few Julia Donaldson books made into short films like the Gruffalo. They are doing the Snail and the Whale on the BBC this year.

There's also The Grinch (cartoon one, not Jim Carey) which is lovely & about 40 minutes long I think. I got it on DVD from Amazon last year I think. I'm hoping the kids might appreciate it more this year!

Anything from toddler through to early secondary school really. Anything animated tends to go well with our lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭ksceniaonegina

Home Alone

• Advertisement

Home Alone

Great movie. What do you like about it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Loughc wrote: »
    Looks festive, cheesy and soppy.

I’ll definitely watch it :D

Ditto!
    Anything from toddler through to early secondary school really. Anything animated tends to go well with our lot.

They'd defo like the Grinch then! There's also Angela's Christmas (think it's on Netflix) - set in Dub, she steals the baby Jesus from the crib cos he looks cold. It's lovely. Then there are the usuals - The Snowman, all the Judith Kerr ones. Best bet is to get the RTE Guide and set everything to record :D

Actually, anyone know where I might get my hands on a Flintstone Christmas? The one where Fred ends up working at a department store & then has to take over from Santa....loved it as kids, would love to show my kids that. Think they are missing out big time not knowing the Flintstones!

Actually, anyone know where I might get my hands on a Flintstone Christmas? The one where Fred ends up working at a department store & then has to take over from Santa....loved it as kids, would love to show my kids that. Think they are missing out big time not knowing the Flintstones!

Chez Google:

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/xmt91o

Thanks for the tip, I love the Flinstones !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

is this the one you are looking for?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Flintstone-Christmas-Collection-Region-NTSC/dp/B005R2SI1E/ref=sr_1_2?crid=QJBM2CX9CKBQ&keywords=flinstones+christmas+dvd&qid=1571988159&sprefix=Flinstones+Ch%2Caps%2C181&sr=8-2

Thank you both!!!!!!!! Delighted with that, I'll watch it with the kids in the next few weeks :)

A bad mom’s Christmas is coming to Netflix on November the 3rd. :)

Loughc wrote: »
    A bad mom’s Christmas is coming to Netflix on November the 3rd. :)

Might have to think about getting this Netflix's thing! Is it worth the money??

TRS30 wrote: »
    Might have to think about getting this Netflix's thing! Is it worth the money??

It's hit and miss like most things but there are some really good things on it. I can't wait for season 3 of The Crown.

I think you get a free trial for a month if you wanted to try it.

It's hit and miss like most things but there are some really good things on it. I can't wait for season 3 of The Crown.

I think you get a free trial for a month if you wanted to try it.

Might try and free trail on the ipad (don't have a smart TV, I know, I know, call us the Flitstones!).

To be honest we watch so little TV as it is I don't see how we would be able to justify the cost.

Fellow non Netflix household here.

am still a cinema-goer if a movie catch my interest,
    don't watch much TV, mainly News and a few series
    have plenty of channels on cable TV and am happy enough with the BBC original series and with a few other channels,

so not sure it would be worth the money for me.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Just get the 30-day free trial for Christmas, and cancel it afterwards :D

Having said that, I love Netflix and there are plenty of TV series to watch on it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,773 ✭✭✭taytobreath

Scarinae wrote: »
    Just get the 30-day free trial for Christmas, and cancel it afterwards :D

Having said that, I love Netflix and there are plenty of TV series to watch on it too.

Yea, that's what i was thinking for you non Netflix people. Get it at around Dec 5th'ish and you'll have it for Xmas.

There is also a thread in bargains alert (link below) where you can get Netflix as cheap as a fiver a month if u follow their instructions.

Its worth it if your only paying less than a tenner a month, but after that I dont think so.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057802168

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭Jude13

Watch two harry potters with my daughter the last week whilst my parents were over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Any recommendations for a total scaredy car four year old? He loved arthur christmas last year but now even that section with the lions has him terrified. He's just have a bit of trouble with being afraid right now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭tscul32

Any recommendations for a total scaredy car four year old? He loved arthur christmas last year but now even that section with the lions has him terrified. He's just have a bit of trouble with being afraid right now

If he likes the elf on the shelf then try to find "An elf's story - The elf on the shelf". It's only 23 mins but was a firm favourite here.

Joining Netflix on Friday is....

Christmas Break-In arrives November 1st.

Izzy is an energetic 9-year-old. Overscheduled and running late, Izzy's parents can't pick her up on-time the last day of school before Christmas break. A blizzard complicates the matter, but not as much as a pair of bad guys who are freezing in an ice cream truck. The school's janitor is kidnapped by the intruders, and it's up to Izzy to save the day.

Trailer: https://youtu.be/ZiBq35bg794

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,533 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Sounds crap :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭matchthis

Watch a Harry Potter movie every once a week from this weekend and you'll be finished a few days before Christmas

Posy wrote: »
    Sounds crap :D

I know! Can’t wait :pac:

• Advertisement

Indie Christmas movie, out in the States on 15 Nov.
    Hope it gets released in Europe, too.

Feast of the Seven Fishes

Official Trailer (usual spoiler alerts)

Advertisement