Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

26-10-2017, 22:12   #1
Xcellor

Get Netflix cheaper - (FAQ in post #1)

Netflix in Ireland is now 12 euro.

Open an account in the UK which is 7.99 GBP = 9.02.

I think you need to have a UK IP to sign up or it keeps redirecting to Irish site. Also I suspect you need to use a different credit card. In my case I used a revolut card I have.

I've logged on using my irish IP and the account works. 3 euro saving a month. (and if you sign up again you get another free month...)

Quick and dirty FAQ here - anyone want to amend or add to it?

Quote:
Q: What’s this about cheap Netflix subscriptions?
A: Yes, if you purchase and/or setup renewal of Netflix in another country using the likes of a VPN, you’ll then pay for Netflix in that currency.

Q: What’s this VPN deal-i-o?
A: Essentially it’ll spoof your IP Address to appear that you’re in another country. There are many paid ones and free ones - including HolaVPN.

Q: OK.. I’m with you. I’m an existing Netflix subscriber in Ireland - what do I do?
A: You need to cancel your recurring subscription on the Netflix site, then wait it has lapsed, and then re-activate using a VPN.

Q: I haven’t subscribed to Netflix yet - what do I do?
A: How’s life been in that cave for the past 10 years? You could subscribe with your VPN open, or subscribe without (to UK/Ireland) for a month and follow question above essentially.

Q: OK, I’ve subscribed now - what do I do with the VPN? Leave it open..
A: If you’re using HolaVPN.. GOD NO… disable it / remove it / take it out back and shoot it in the face. You’re set up your recurring payment, you don’t need it anymore.

If you’re using a paid VPN, you don’t need it to browse just because you’re set up payment in a different country. Disable it to access UK/Irish catalogue and / or enable it if you want to access say Netflix in another country. If you know how to do this, you’ve probably no need to read this FAQ!

Q: Hold on, I was charged €3 last month and was charged €3.40 this month.
A: Remember, you’re paying in a foreign currency so it will fluctuate - but it should still work out considerably cheaper.

Q: What’s the cheapest to pay in at the minute?
A: I’m not sure but I’m assuming it’s still Turkish Lira but as above, it can fluctuate. Spreadsheet here indicating current conversions between local currencies and euro may help you decide.

Q: Can I get it even cheaper?
A: Well, you can add a Revolut card and pay via that. Just ensure it’s topped up.

Another tip is topping up your Revolut account considerably (say enough for a year's sub) while exchange rate is in your favour, and then it'll be deducted from that.

Oh, and there is a Revolut thread here full of helpful people to help with any questions you may have on specifics of that.

Last edited by Davy; 12-11-2018 at 17:26. Reason: Added FAQ & update title
Advertisement
26-10-2017, 22:45   #2
jvrk

Mexican Netflix cheapest revolut & vpn to setup €7 a month for 4 screen plan.
26-10-2017, 22:50   #3
Sleeper12

Use different email addresses every 6 months and get half price All the time if you want to
(4) thanks from:
26-10-2017, 22:55   #4
Doodah7

Still €6.99 a month for me through iTunes. Price has never gone up.
26-10-2017, 22:56   #5
sugarman

Or just use your phone credit, I use it for feck all else anyway.
(3) thanks from:
Advertisement
26-10-2017, 23:17   #6
Sleeper12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doodah7
Still €6.99 a month for me through iTunes. Price has never gone up.

It's 6.99 for everyone on the first level. The highest level covers you for 4 screens at any given time, full 4k and HDR. This is 12.99 and I think going up another Euro or so soon
26-10-2017, 23:17   #7
xtal191

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarman View Post
Or just use your phone credit, I use it for feck all else anyway.
Hmm what network are you with? Does it work with 3?
27-10-2017, 00:21   #8
Enrico Palazzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleeper12 View Post
Use different email addresses every 6 months and get half price All the time if you want to
How to avail that offer?
27-10-2017, 00:28   #9
sugarman

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtal191 View Post
Hmm what network are you with? Does it work with 3?
Yeah works with 3
Thanks from:
Advertisement
27-10-2017, 02:08   #10
Oat23

4 screen plan for 4k content = €168 a year split between me and 3 family members is €21 each every 6 months. We each have a profile and watch from different places at the same time.
27-10-2017, 08:47   #11
Sleeper12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oat23 View Post
4 screen plan for 4k content = €168 a year split between me and 3 family members is €21 each every 6 months. We each have a profile and watch from different places at the same time.

Best value of the lot if you use the 4 screens. you also have the benifit of full HD, 4K & HDR
27-10-2017, 08:49   #12
Mickeroo
Category Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oat23 View Post
Your family members actually pay you for use of your Netflix account?

This is my situation:

(408) thanks from:
...__..., 1966, 2smiggy, 5star02707, 5uspect, AccessAw, Aceandstuff, adelcrowsmel, adox, adrian522, Adviceme, Agent Coulson, Alan30, alanc2003, AlanG, alastair_doom, amber69, AmberGold, Amirani, ams, Andrew76, AnneRyan, anniehoo, Ardent, Army_of_One, Artur.PL, astradave, Baby01032012, Bandana boy, bduffy, beardybrewer, BelovedAunt, Ben D Bus, bennyx_o, beno619, Birdie086, Bitches Be Trypsin, Boards.ie, Bowlardo, brendanwalsh, Bret Hart, brightkane, BrownFinger, Bscan86, bucks73, Buford T. Justice V, Cabaal, Cake of Tremendous Power, Caliden, callaway92, Capt'n Midnight, Captain Morgan, cart man, cathalj, cefh17, CGI_3, charlie14, Charlie19, cian8, clacks, cletus, cobham, Cocolola, coillsaille, Colemania, coley, colm_mcm, Connrang, coolisin, Copper_pipe, corcaigh07, CramCycle, Crash Bang Wall, crustybla, Cyclonius, D3V!L, Daisies, Damien360, dar83, Dardania, DarkBlonde, darlett, dastardly00, DaveNoCheese, Davy, deafroadrunner, deeks, degsie, DeiseDoll, deise_girl, Delirium, Demios, derekeire, DJIMI TRARORE, dmaprelude, Do-more, Doctor Jimbob, dollyk, Doodlebug, Dr Turk Turkelton, DrZeuss, dublincelt, dubmick, dudara, duffmagic, earthwormjack, edeldonlon, EIREDriver, ElWalrus, el_gaucho, emilynxlan, endacl, Enrico Palazzo, eposhea, evolutionqy7, F1fan, FAILSAFE 00, fin12, Fingleberries, FizzleSticks, flipsky, Foggy Jew, FoxyVixen, Fred Swanson, frostypants, Fr_Dougal, FTT2004, Fuzzy_Dunlop, fxotoole, G1032, garbanzo, Gaw_, gebbel, ger664, Gerard93, Gladcon, Glico Man, Gloomtastic!, Greg81, GritBiscuit, grogi, guil, h3000, Hannibal, Hannibal_Smith, Helium, highdef, Hogey007, Hogzy, Homer, how.gareth, howamidifferent, hullaballoo, Hunky Monster, imfml, inforfun, iniall, IrishStuff09, Irish_rat, IvoryTower, ixoy, jamesd, January, Jarren, jaykay74, jayneemac, JayZeus, jcd5971, jcon1913, JCX BXC, JDxtra, JHet, Jimmy Bottlehead, joefuss1986, Johnnio13, Johnny Dogs, johnnyskeleton, Jonesy101, jonnybravo, josephsoap, jousting with chairs, js35, jspuds, JustLen, justsomebloke, Kaiser84, kaizersoze, kate07, kazamo, kenon, Keogh08, Kerry Gooner, KERSPLAT!, keysersoze0330, killbillvol2, kilsmum, Klingon Hamlet, Knex., Knine, knipex, Koolhanger, korbend, Kurtosis, Kuva, Lawdie, lawred2, Lemonposset, Lenny17123, LeperKing, Liam O, Lia_lia, lilmissprincess, little bess, LizT, longgonesilver, LoonyLovegood, Lord Spence, lordgoat, loudymacloud, Luckycharms_74, Lundar., Luno, mac1ntosh, Mad Benny, madcabbage, mailburner, MAJJ, manonboard, Mantis Toboggan, Marje, markfinn, marko93, markpb, MarkY91, mark_jmc, marno21, marvsins, mel123, mfceiling, mgbgt1978, micks, mikeecho, miketv, mirrorwall14, misschoo, MissTheDome, Missymoohaa, Mokuba, monaghanmissus, Morby, MoyVilla9, Mr Teeny, Mr. TTime, MrVestek, Ms. Chanandler Bong, msmx5, ms_wobbly, muffler, mullingar, muppetkiller, NATLOR, naughto, nazzy, Negative_G, Nemeses2050, NickNickleby, NikoTopps, Ninjini, Nixonbot, no.8, o1s1n, Oat23, ondafly, onedmc, ongarite, OrgasmicBaz, Ould Mr Brennan, Paddy The Pirate, PaddyBomb, pah, pajero12, Pappa Dolla, parttime, Patty O Furniture, Paulcon93, Pawwed Rig, phunkadelic, Pixied, pk10216, pm., pm1977x, pmce4, podgeandrodge, Poochie05, Portlawslim, PWEI, Quackster, QueenRizla, Ragnar Lothbrok, Random Bloke, ratsam, redarmy, Rezident, RobbingBandit, Ron Burgundy II, rounders, Rulmeq, Ryath, Sabre0001, Saint_Mel, Same As, Sappy404, scano.ie, Schorpio, scruff monkey, SeaFields, Second Yellow, serfboard, Seve OB, ShadyAcres, shamelessidiot, shanemkelly, Shaque attack, shaunr68, shnaek, shopper2011, sibersha, Simi, Sir Dosser, Skerries, Sleeper12, SmallTeapot, smashey, Smudger80, Snake Plisken, snowflaker, Son Of A Vidic, soups05, southcentralts, Squeeonline, SteM, stevek93, StillThinking, Stone Deaf 4evr, Stoner, stop, storker, Strawberry HillBilly, styron, sullivlo, sunny2004, Super_Sonic, swine, sword1, Synode, T-Bird, Tabnabs, TallGlass, Tango One, Tar.Aldarion, taytobreath, Ted Plain, Ted_YNWA, TetraSonic55, The Backwards Man, The Black Oil, The Diddakoi, The Gardener, TheChevron, thekerrycyclist, thestranger, The_Conductor, The_Honeybadger, thierry14, Third_Echelon, Timmaay, tipperaryboy, Tippex, tnegun, TomOnBoard, tony1980, Topgear on Dave, treade1, trixiebust, Umekichi, unkel, unklerosco, Uriel., Ursus Horribilis, user2011, VG31, Vic_08, VW 1, Wanderer2010, wench, WesternStorm, Westeros, Wexy86, whiterebel, winston82, wong, wonski, yawnstretch, Yer Da sells Avon, yknaa, Yoghurt87, yorlum11, _Kaiser_
27-10-2017, 08:55   #13
Sleeper12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enrico Palazzo
How to avail that offer?

You get half price netflix when you sign up for 6 months. If you cancel after 6 months & join again using another email address you get half price again for 6 and. You can keep doing this if you want. I couldn't be bothered myself as I don't think it expensive but there's 6 live in my brothers house and after 3 year they are starting on the average 2nd email address for each family member
Thanks from:
27-10-2017, 09:08   #14
TerrorFirmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarman View Post
Yeah works with 3
How do you do this?
Thanks from:
27-10-2017, 10:31   #15
Peig Sayers

Won't work with 3 for me. Used to until I changed plan and then the option disappeared. Cancelled my subscription and took out a new one with a different email and it still won't appear as a payment method. Pain in the arse. I can use 3 to pay for anything else in the play store so I don't understand.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion