Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Machinery Photo/Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,823 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

We have shared a mower and a precision chop harvester between ourselves and neighbour for 30 years. About once every 3 or 4 years we'd be looking for the mower on the same day but it is always taken in turns. Repairs are done together and parts costs are split down the middle.
    as long as you get on well with the person you are sharing with its fine, we have a cattle trailer between us and our cousin, works well for us, there are decs and all in it for his sheep- only downer is having to put the decks back up when we collect the trailer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,078 ✭✭✭bogman_bass

Borrowed the neighbours krone Tedder. Was changing the tines on it. My god they a hoor to change! What's he point of the little grub screw on them?

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭josephsoap

tanko wrote: »
    What is a better alternative than a haybob for tedding and rowing silage for a round baler?
    Something a 590 2wd would drive.

I get my contractor to mow my silage,

I then use my hay Bob to ted out the rows, contractor comes back before bailing with his rake to row in.

I still would not get rid of the hay Bob, handy if the weather ever does come for hay too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 451 ✭✭Milton09

Did it fit ? :)

T1ZpKoHl.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,479 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Borrowed the neighbours krone Tedder. Was changing the tines on it. My god they a hoor to change! What's he point of the little grub screw on them?

Interesting only one 19mm bolt in mine. Changed in no time

Pic?

Milton09 wrote: »
    Did it fit ? :)

Not considering it's the opposite side of the spreader ;)

Reggie. wrote: »
    Not considering it's the opposite side of the spreader ;)

Believe it or not its actually in the spreader !

jvfoZ3al.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭Miname

Was looking at a new tractor maybe to buy. Not sure if it's a ts or tl 90 as I was nosing from a distance. It's 02 with a good loader and spotless clean. I've to get back to the owner this week, what's it worth or any thing to look out for?

Believe it or not its actually in the spreader !

Was wondering how you had the bag attached...tasty

And no I don't think it fit

• Advertisement

Was wondering how you had the bag attached...tasty

And no I don't think it fit

Its fits allright - but only just, 100% water measure.
    Plan is to pick up a better hopper extension some day and have a bit more comfort.

Plan is to pick up a better hopper extension some day and have a bit more comfort.

Never would have thought that fitted. Ya would want to drive handy through the field tho :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,260 ✭✭✭Grueller

Miname wrote: »
    Was looking at a new tractor maybe to buy. Not sure if it's a ts or tl 90 as I was nosing from a distance. It's 02 with a good loader and spotless clean. I've to get back to the owner this week, what's it worth or any thing to look out for?

About €27k depending on condition if donedeal is to be believed. Definitely worth 25. Hold out for an electronic shuttle rather than a manual as the manual have a dry clurch and will go about every 2000 hours on a loader unit even with a good operator.

Grueller wrote: »
    About €27k depending on condition if donedeal is to be believed. Definitely worth 25. Hold out for an electronic shuttle rather than a manual as the manual have a dry clurch and will go about every 2000 hours on a loader unit even with a good operator.

Done deal has a lot of expensive scrap, rare enough to find a good one. At that sort of money I'd rather go new

Done deal has a lot of expensive scrap, rare enough to find a good one. At that sort of money I'd rather go new

It has to be fair but they are bringing that. They are a super little tractor that punch above their weight imo. You would pay the bones of that for a 390 ten yeats older and not nearly as user friendly a tractor.
    Similar new will cost about €60k new with a loader fitted iirc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭Username John

Have the same spreader here (without the extension) on a 135.
    Max that gets put in is 4 bags - any more makes the job dodgier than it is already... ;)

Oh, to have flat ground :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,170 ✭✭✭davidk1394

And now the madness begins

349868.png

349869.png

davidk1394 wrote: »
    And now the madness begins

Happy days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭IH784man

Happy days

For about two weeks then the wrapper breaks down then the baler breaks down then it's a hardship until it's over

Happy days

Can't beat the roar of a perkins

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

davidk1394 wrote: »
    Can't beat the roar of a perkins

Ah you can , what about a 1055 ? :D

• Advertisement

Bullocks wrote: »

Pah :D

Bullocks wrote: »

Not a 1055 but definitely a 1455

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,828 ✭✭✭yellow50HX

What kinda work were you planning for it?

Have looked a a fair amount of them at this stage. LHS shuttle on the steering is a better option alright for loader work but the do come with a premium.

TL can come with a manual shuttle the same as the 76/6635/L85. TS can have the RHS shuttle like in the seris 40's.

TL is based on the fiat heratige and is smaller and lighter with less extras but a a great stockman tractor.

TS is a step up from the seris 40, bigger more comfortable cab. Was looking a a nice one in west cork a few weeks back turbo engine so about 100 hp, price around 20k+vat.

yellow50HX wrote: »
    What kinda work were you planning for it?

Have looked a a fair amount of them at this stage. LHS shuttle on the steering is a better option alright for loader work but the do come with a premium.

TL can come with a manual shuttle the same as the 76/6635/L85. TS can have the RHS shuttle like in the seris 40's.

TL is based on the fiat heratige and is smaller and lighter with less extras but a a great stockman tractor.

TS is a step up from the seris 40, bigger more comfortable cab. Was looking a a nice one in west cork a few weeks back turbo engine so about 100 hp, price around 20k+vat.
    just a basic tractor for fertiliser shear grab and general handy work round the yard. I wouldn't be too fond of machinery (always got by with an 885).The lack of a 40k box is killing me with an outfarm
    And even doing the simplest of tasks. I'm working full time so time can be a major problem sometimes.
    I always intended just spending 12-14 k but it's hard getting anything half decent at that so I was thinking I'd go a bit newer and try get something fairly decent, I'm vat registered so I can claim that back anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,828 ✭✭✭yellow50HX

just a basic tractor for fertiliser shear grab and general handy work round the yard. I wouldn't be too fond of machinery (always got by with an 885).The lack of a 40k box is killing me with an outfarm
    And even doing the simplest of tasks. I'm working full time so time can be a major problem sometimes.
    I always intended just spending 12-14 k but it's hard getting anything half decent at that so I was thinking I'd go a bit newer and try get something fairly decent, I'm vat registered so I can claim that back anyway.

I'd say shop around a bit, everyone is looking for that kind of tractor and there isn't a huge amount of them around.
    12-14k will get you a decent yoke but probably about 20-25 yrs old. You be looking around 20k mark for a late 90's 4wd with loader and 40k box.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,219 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Don't you just hate when you get stuck right along the main road?
    And the added insult of fellows slowing down to take photos......

e4BVyjFl.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,081 ✭✭✭td5man

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    Don't you just hate when you get stuck right along the main road?
    And the added insult of fellows slowing down to take photos......

e4BVyjFl.jpg

Any idea what they were trying to do? Ground round it looks solid enough.

They seemed to have semi demolished a cottage, one of the type commonly built in the 1950's
    Took the walls down to the height of six foot or so. Then were levelling the garden. Might have found an old septic tank. Near Ballinahown .

They seemed to have semi demolished a cottage, one of the type commonly built in the 1950's
    Took the walls down to the height of six foot or so. Then were levelling the garden. Might have found an old septic tank. Near Ballinahown .
    Or a sinkhole.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

Someone grab a plunger!!

• Advertisement

Went and forked out for a new soft hands grab for the loader yesterday. Tractor wasnt fit to lift the bales :mad::mad::mad:

Went and forked out for a new soft hands grab for the loader yesterday. Tractor wasnt fit to lift the bales :mad::mad::mad:

Ran into that bother last year. Picked up one the other day myself

CilrzIwl.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭lakill Farm

bought a secondhand set off a gangster from here. mx 75u loader on a 105hp 4 cylinder tractor and she is able to handle McHale bales of silage but would want to be careful.

moved a few full IBC tanks at the weekend also. over a ton in them

CilrzIwl.jpg

Call that a grab?
    I spotted these when I was out for a run last night.

20150525_2040181_1.jpg

20150525_2039561.jpg

Great yoke for the turf I'd say?

20150525_2037071.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭lakill Farm

even the step on the forwarder is hydraulically operated in bottom picture

Call that a grab?
    I spotted these when I was out for a run last night.

20150525_2040181_1.jpg

20150525_2039561.jpg

Great yoke for the turf I'd say?

20150525_2037071.jpg

Serious pieces of kit alright. I run up there regularly and the amount of timber they shift in a day is absolutely phenomenal.

bought a secondhand set off a gangster from here. mx 75u loader on a 105hp 4 cylinder tractor and she is able to handle McHale bales of silage but would want to be careful.

moved a few full IBC tanks at the weekend also. over a ton in them

Hard to beat a Case.

td5man wrote: »
    Hard to beat a Case.

You again with the case :rolleyes:

td5man wrote: »
    Hard to beat a Case.

well my case CX90 was well beat!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

Did you check the hydraulic oil level?

What are you going to do? Will you be able to return it if it doesn't work?

oil levels fine. I dont know. He had to put new brackets on and then modify them to make them fit my loader

Must be either your tractors hydraulic pump pressure, or a pressure relief valve blowing off. Would you get it checked in a dealership?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

Serious pieces of kit alright. I run up there regularly and the amount of timber they shift in a day is absolutely phenomenal.

Probably don't shift many silage bales though !

Must be either your tractors hydraulic pump pressure, or a pressure relief valve blowing off. Would you get it checked in a dealership?

Yeah it should be able to lift the back of the tractor. Pm me if you need a mobile case mechanic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭onyerbikepat

even the step on the forwarder is hydraulically operated in bottom picture

Is it? I'm not so sure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,956 ✭✭✭dzer2

Is it? I'm not so sure.

oh it is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,956 ✭✭✭dzer2

oil levels fine. I dont know. He had to put new brackets on and then modify them to make them fit my loader

get a pressure gauge and plug it into your valves at the back of the tractor that will give you an idea off the pressure in the system. If its low then change the filters if you haven't done so lately. You might need to get the oil checked as well. It might be no harm to change the oil also. If you do all this and there is little or no improvement then you could be looking at a pump replacement. If the pressure is high then you might need to look at the valve chest of the loader. The relief valve might be set low or the spools in the valves could be worn if it is an old or second hand loader.

Does anyone know anything about goweil wrappers ? I have one here giving a bit of trouble

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭GERMAN ROCKS

CilrzIwl.jpg

would you have any problems with rain blowing into that shed?

would you have any problems with rain blowing into that shed?

Not really. It would the odd time but that's on a really wet and windy day

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement