Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Revolut Megathread.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭CosmicFool

I see that you can now trade stocks via Revolut. Anybody considering this?

That's been there a while

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

I updated iOS to 6.22 today

It says “introducing perks plus to premium and metal customers”

Can’t find any info on what perks plus is (I’m premium)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

I updated iOS to 6.22 today

It says “introducing perks plus to premium and metal customers”

Can’t find any info on what perks plus is (I’m premium)

Perks is for UK customers only. Has been since June 2018

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭BKWDR

BKWDR wrote: »
    Anyone any reason why Google pay keeps removing the contactless ability of my cards. Revolut and ulsterbank

I'm constantly having to go in and reverify like they are being wiped

Would clearing memory do it.

This has happened again! Anyone else experiencing this? Go to till to pay, hover phone then BING BONG please set up contactless...

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭msmx5

BKWDR wrote: »
    This has happened again! Anyone else experiencing this? Go to till to pay, hover phone then BING BONG please set up contactless...

Nope never had an issue like that and have used Google Pay on three different phones (Sony, Huawei and Sony) with two different Bank cards attached.

Do you have any s/w that could be clearing application data to save space/storage? Or perhaps some security software that could be interfering?

Just noticed a "linked accounts" option in the settings. (maybe its been there for a while?)

Seems like you can now share your "other" bank account transaction details with your revolut app so you can "view everything" in one convenient place! Hmm, not sure I'll be jumping to avail of that service. Irrespective of whether its Revolut or a more traditional bank offering it!

UK banks only by the looks of it with possible exceptions of Ulster Bank, Starling and perhaps Danske. (Although selecting to add and Ulster Bank a/c bring me to a ulsterbank.co.uk page to enter login details so I suspect this is only currently available for UK accounts)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,826 ✭✭✭masterboy123

I am traveling to another EU country.

Do I need to update anywhere on the app about the location? Also, what's the daily withdrawal limit? I have standard account.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭-=al=-

200 dollaredoos and switch location based security off

Thanks so much.
    Is 200 dollars per day or month limit?
    -=al=- wrote: »
    200 dollaredoos and switch location based security off

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Johnny Sausage

Thanks so much.
    Is 200 dollars per day or month limit?

if youre on a standard plan you have a free monthly withdrawal limit of £/€200.00

you can withdraw more but they charge you (2% i think)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭andrew1977

Can anyone help with this please ?

I set up a revolut account for my other half.
    Installed the app, supplied the photo id , set up verified and complete.

Try to add 10 euro the card so she can order the physical card, but when trying to top up with a Bank of Ireland debit card she gets a message at the verified by visa saying " please enter a valid verified by visa code "

We have checked and double checked we are entering the right code, and also tried to top up using my permanent tsb card, same error.

We have contacted revolut, they say must be an error with the card/bank, checked with the bank, no problem they say their side.

Any clues on how to fix ?

Thank you

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Reset the visa password

What do you mean ? Get a new text message with a code ?
    I have tried to top up with 2 different cards and same error each time.
    No matter how many times we try to top up revolut with new verified by visa codes , it just says " please enter a valid verified by visa code "

We are using both cards with other apps/online shopping and its taking the verified by visa no hassle.

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,638 ✭✭✭Kat1170

Thanks so much. Is 200 dollars per day or month limit?

Month

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭RoYoBo

andrew1977 wrote: »
    What do you mean ? Get a new text message with a code ?
    I have tried to top up with 2 different cards and same error each time.
    No matter how many times we try to top up revolut with new verified by visa codes , it just says " please enter a valid verified by visa code "

We are using both cards with other apps/online shopping and its taking the verified by visa no hassle.

Thanks

I have no idea if this will work, but might be worth trying. If you have your own Revolut card, can you transfer the money from yours to hers? Other than that, have you any other card, eg credit card, that might be used?

msmx5 wrote: »
    Just noticed a "linked accounts" option in the settings. (maybe its been there for a while?)

Seems like you can now share your "other" bank account transaction details with your revolut app so you can "view everything" in one convenient place! Hmm, not sure I'll be jumping to avail of that service. Irrespective of whether its Revolut or a more traditional bank offering it!

UK banks only by the looks of it with possible exceptions of Ulster Bank, Starling and perhaps Danske. (Although selecting to add and Ulster Bank a/c bring me to a ulsterbank.co.uk page to enter login details so I suspect this is only currently available for UK accounts)

KBC have offered this for quite some time.

• Advertisement

RoYoBo wrote: »
    I have no idea if this will work, but might be worth trying. If you have your own Revolut card, can you transfer the money from yours to hers? Other than that, have you any other card, eg credit card, that might be used?

Yeah, it wont accept any card we try use on her revolut app .

I can top up revolut card no problem using my card , which wont work on her app, and her own card wont work either.

The bank and revolut have no answer for us as to whats wrong.

I can top her account alright, but much easier long run that she tops up using her own card .

Thanks

andrew1977 wrote: »
    Yeah, it wont accept any card we try use on her revolut app .

The card you are using to top up is in HER name? ie same name as the Revolut account?

msmx5 wrote: »
    The card you are using to top up is in HER name? ie same name as the Revolut account?

Yes , same name on the Visa debit card as the Revolut account .

Very puzzling , nobody on the bank support side or Revolut side can help.

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭tina1040

I'm new to Revolut. I recently got a card so my daughter could use it. She attempted to pay for something in a major city centre store and it was declined so she paid cash.
    I went on chat on the app but it's no help. It seems to be one of the automated ones that pick out a keyword and send unhelpful links to help that doesn't answer the question. I can't see any other customer service options.
    What can I do? I'm assuming something with verification is not complete.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

tina1040 wrote: »
    I'm new to Revolut. I recently got a card so my daughter could use it. She attempted to pay for something in a major city centre store and it was declined so she paid cash.
    I went on chat on the app but it's no help. It seems to be one of the automated ones that pick out a keyword and send unhelpful links to help that doesn't answer the question. I can't see any other customer service options.
    What can I do? I'm assuming something with verification is not complete.

Had you got it activated on your 'phone?
    Did you have the settings correct, ie for swipe payments, location, atm etc?
    Was the card unlocked?

• Advertisement

Sould location-based security, swipe payments and atm withdrawals all be set to on?

I also clicked "verify email" from the email received but I'm getting a message: verification token outdated.

Is there no customer service? the in-app chat support doesn't help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,104 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Sould location-based security, swipe payments and atm withdrawals all be set to on?

I also clicked "verify email" from the email received but I'm getting a message: verification token outdated.

Is there no customer service? the in-app chat support doesn't help.

No they shouldn't unless she has your phone. Turn of swipe payments and ATMs. Leave the location off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭AulWan

I stopped using Revolut and went back to my regular bank's debit card after a few weeks as I found Revolut very unrealiable. Transactions were regularly declined even though there was never an issue with funds. It ended up being more hassle then it was worth.

AulWan wrote: »
    I stopped using Revolut and went back to my regular bank's debit card after a few weeks as I found Revolut very unrealiable. Transactions were regularly declined even though there was never an issue with funds. It ended up being more hassle then it was worth.

Been using it since 2015 extremely successfully.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 872 ✭✭✭martyoo

Did she try and tap? I know for the first transaction you have to use the pin. I've never had any issues with using the card.

I've heard loads of people say the same, which is why I was disappointed. But honestly, out of every ten attempts to pay with it, four would be declined (totally randomly) and then I'd have to root out my other card. I gave up in the end. Too much hassle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Simi

I've heard loads of people say the same, which is why I was disappointed. But honestly, out of every ten attempts to pay with it, four would be declined (totally randomly) and then I'd have to root out my other card. I gave up in the end. Too much hassle.

Turn off location based security and leave it off. It's the cause of most rejected payments. I use it for all my day to day transactions and it's very rare that I have an issue

I'll try it myself.

Strange that there is no customer serrvice ? Or am I missing something?

It would be good if support could confirm the card is set up ok.

Simi wrote: »
    Turn off location based security and leave it off. It's the cause of most rejected payments. I use it for all my day to day transactions and it's very rare that I have an issue
    Thanks for the info. I might try that, it would be handy as I'd like to have a seperate card for some things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭Truckermal

Try Tweeting them it normally works very well or Faceache.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 349 ✭✭Bojill

I'll try it myself.

I haven't used the help function recently, but it used to be the case that if you typed 'agent' while in the automated chat, you would be connected to a human.
    It could take a very long time to get a reply sometimes, but you would get a notification on the phone when they replied.

I'll try it myself.

There is customer service.. the agents pop on if your questions cannot be answered by the bot.

You must recognise it's half ten at night. Customer service as with all banks would-be office hours.

You also have a limit of contactless taps you can use per day. After that payment is declined unless you reset contactless which takes about 5 seconds !
    I love Revolut , you just need to know how to use it . I found their “help” very good , you can get a customer support agent easily .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,457 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Been using it since launch. Only once had a transaction declined and that was because of location disparity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

Revolut is very easy to use. Easier than most EU banks.

You'll only have difficulty if you don't read the instructions. The card probably got declined as you have to enter the pin for the very first transaction.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭Mwengwe

Getting conflicting info about this:

is it possible to set up a direct debit in pounds? I set one up recently and all seemed to go through ok but it's now telling me that the first payment failed.

Also is there a reason people distrust Revolut for paying direct debits?

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Midlife crisis man

Can anybody help me with this. I'm trying to send money back from my revolut account to my bank account but the app isn't letting me add a beneficiary. The button is greyed out when I enter my bic/iban

This happen to anyone else?

I tried logging out and back in again and updating the app and still no joy

Are they still giving money for inviting friends?

• Moderators Posts: 6,870 ✭✭✭Spocker

Are they still giving money for inviting friends?

Check in the App, it'll be on your dashboard if its available

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 608 ✭✭✭maik3n

Just wanted to clarify something on using revolut for other currencies.

If I purchase something online with, say, the dollar/sterling price, does it make any difference in terms of revolut cost if I make the purchase straight off versus converting some money in the app first. Or is it just one and the same?

As in, will Revolut charge the same amount on my card in euro, as they would have if I had converted some funds to sterling/dollars first? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,416 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

It should be the very same, might be some tiny fractional difference plus or minus during the week. At the weekend when markets are closed rate will be the same either way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

maik3n wrote: »

If I purchase something online with, say, the dollar/sterling price, does it make any difference in terms of revolut cost if I make the purchase straight off versus converting some money in the app first. Or is it just one and the same?

As in, will Revolut charge the same amount on my card in euro, as they would have if I had converted some funds to sterling/dollars first? :confused:

You can't convert some of the money. Revolut will only take it from one currency balance

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,398 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭RoYoBo

Not sure if I have your question correct - once you convert your euros into sterling or dollars, Revolut has done its job and the conversion is locked in for that amount at that conversion rate on the day. The sterling or dollars are available to use for spending from that wallet and no further fee is payable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 295 ✭✭dollylama

Did anyone get one of the RevP physical Mastercards in the last beta?

I'm using it here at the moment but bizarrely, the card has two valid PINs depending on where you use it. A PoS transaction requires the PIN the card shipped with which thankfully I can recall but ATM transactions require the PIN I set at an ATM after receiving the card. The app shows the PIN as being that I set, twice now, at ATMs but PoS transactions still require the original PIN!!

I've reported it on their beta feedback but I've heard nothing. I'm getting a lot of declined transactions when I forget to enter the original PIN in shops!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Quintis

Purchased off Amazon recently, bought an item, for £100 sterling, it automatically deducted from Euro account at the exchange rate at the time as I didn't have money in the GBP account. About 10 days later, the charge was reversed and re-charged for some reason, the exchange rate has gotten worse so it cost me an extra €2 for the same £100 item. I had made a similar purchase off Amazon, had the price of the item in the GBP account, the same reversal and re-charge happened, but it didn't cost me anything extra because it was GBP returned and GBP re-charged. Only happened the two times, it is the only reason I can see for converting in advance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭-=al=-

You will get the rate at the time the transaction goes through

Sterling has changed quite a bit in the last few weeks, with the Jonson addition and Brexit talk nonsense

Sterling pretty much goes up and down almost on a daily basis with good/bad Brexit news

Boris says something stupid = sterling drops

Boris says something good = sterling rises

Try and predict what may happen and you might save/gain a few dollaredoos

I’m sure there’s more to it than that, but it’s a very simple way of looking at it if you are converting close at the time of purchase

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Trying to top up my account with Google pay but money doesn't seem to be appearing. Anybody else?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭kenmc

Not sure if already posted, but on a recent aer Lingus flight, when announcing the payment options for inflight service and duty free (or whatever it's called these days) they mentioned that they don't accept revolut cards for psyment.

The beginning of the end. Back to my stupid BoI debit card where I have no idea what’s going in and out for days, and no more Google or Apple Pay.

The only way we could stop this is everyone to stand firm and walk out of shops when they refuse it, but it’ll never happen. Was nice while it lasted though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement