Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolut Megathread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭jakdublin

BobbyT28 wrote: »
    Revolut just stared asking for CVV code and need to get a code every time I need to top-up. Same happened to wife (Android & iPhone).

This happened before and stopped. Just wondering has this happened to anyone else and if you know why and how to stop it.

Bit of a pain when you want to do a quick top-up at the cashier

I got a new AIB card and it happened a few times. Then I added it to auto top up every time I go below €100 and it doesn't ask me now. I remember it said you'd need to enter the CVV code a few times before Revolut accepted it as a trusted source.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭j4vier

Revolut got me to verify my source of funds just before Christmas. I would only spend a few hundred quid each month with it.

They wanted to know how much I got paid, showing them screenshots of this money going into my bank account.

They froze my Revolut until I provided this info.

Kinda scary that they can do that, I wouldn’t keep more than a few hundred quid in there as it made me realise how risky it is to deal with them.

They also said that they don’t support transfers involving gambling companies as they feel it damages their reputation which is totally ridiculous.

I had a few transactions with Betfair; funny that I could top up my Betfair account no problem but then I read report of people not being able to withdraw winnings from gabling onto their Revolut accounts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Johnny Sausage

Lots of prepaid cards don't work with gambling companies

People try use them for it so that transactions to gambling companies aren't on their main account

I think banks look for your your Revolut history (our N23, etc) for mortgage applications and all so you wouldn’t get away with doing the lotto on it regardless.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭j4vier

I think banks look for your your Revolut history (our N23, etc) for mortgage applications and all so you wouldn’t get away with doing the lotto on it regardless.

How many months in the past do they assess?

• Advertisement

j4vier wrote: »
    How many months in the past do they assess?

Usually 6

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Rosstopher

Has anyone had any experience with having money deposited to your Revolut card via the IBAN that you’ve been assigned via the app?

I’m due a refund from an Irish company and I know that I’ll be away by the time I get it, ideally it would be sent to my Revolut account as I’ll ideally only be using that away.

So I’m in 2 minds whether to give the company the Euro IBAN (the one that starts with GB) that’s given on the app. Or could there be any potential issues there?

Thanks!

Rosstopher wrote: »
    Has anyone had any experience with having money deposited to your Revolut card via the IBAN that you’ve been assigned via the app?

I’m due a refund from an Irish company and I know that I’ll be away by the time I get it, ideally it would be sent to my Revolut account as I’ll ideally only be using that away.

So I’m in 2 minds whether to give the company the Euro IBAN (the one that starts with GB) that’s given on the app. Or could there be any potential issues there?

Thanks!

Have used it several times never had an issue

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭pl4ichjgy17zwd

Is anyone else not able to login? It just flashes with '2 exceptions occurred' and a blank screen

• Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Is anyone else not able to login? It just flashes with '2 exceptions occurred' and a blank screen

ok here, on iPhone 11 Pro with iOS 13.3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

Everything working as it should, Moto G5 Plus, Android 8.1.0

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭pl4ichjgy17zwd

Thanks guys, it resolved itself after a couple of hours

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭towger

Has anybody either failed or succeeded to pay on the USA Ticketmaster site with Revolut.
    Just get “Oops” when placing order. Have tried with physical card ( Mastercard) and Virtual and disposable virtual which are Visa ? None accepted.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭AvonEnniskerry

If I order another card for my revolut account will it cancel the first or will it allow me to have two cards active at one time?

If I order another card for my revolut account will it cancel the first or will it allow me to have two cards active at one time?

You can have a second card, I use one for my kids to have if we travel. Second card will cost you, 5 or 6 Euro I think.

towger wrote: »
    Has anybody either failed or succeeded to pay on the USA Ticketmaster site with Revolut.
    Just get “Oops” when placing order. Have tried with physical card ( Mastercard) and Virtual and disposable virtual which are Visa ? None accepted.

Yeah bought tickets for boxing in MSG twice using the physical mastercard card, no issies

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭AvonEnniskerry

towger wrote:
    You can have a second card, I use one for my kids to have if we travel. Second card will cost you, 5 or 6 Euro I think.

Great thanks a million. Was afraid to order in case it deactivated the first card and just sent a replacement

Yeah bought tickets for boxing in MSG twice using the physical mastercard card, no issies

Thanks. Not sure what my issue is.

towger wrote: »
    Thanks. Not sure what my issue is.

Is the address your putting in for the billing address exactly identical to the card address

Some websites can be very picky on that

Is the address your putting in for the billing address exactly identical to the card address

Some websites can be very picky on that

Yes, they match exactly, I've indeed had that particular issue before, with Paypal specifically that I got resolved.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭_Godot_

I got asked for my card ccv number today.

_Godot_ wrote: »
    I got asked for my card ccv number today.

Yeah that tends to happen with transactions online 😉

If it was for topping up I've gotten the same the last 2 times

• Registered Users Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Is it possible to send a payment directly to a credit card form Revolut?

Is it possible to send a payment directly to a credit card form Revolut?

Id assume you could if you have the IBAN for the credit card account

Hi all, what would be the best way to buy a big ticket item (£15k) like say a car using revolut, I'm guessing a card swipe is out of the question. Also would have to transfer the money in €5k batches as KBC are luddites with daily transfer limits.

Hi all, what would be the best way to buy a big ticket item (£15k) like say a car using revolut, I'm guessing a card swipe is out of the question. Also would have to transfer the money in €5k batches as KBC are luddites with daily transfer limits.

i assume you mean from a UK dealer as youve listed £ not €, transfer the money from your revolut account to the dealer account, usually happens fairly quickly.

youd get 15k in 3 transactions in one day from KBC, the daily limit is 15k

i assume you mean from a UK dealer as youve listed £ not €, transfer the money from your revolut account to the dealer account, usually happens fairly quickly.

youd get 15k in 3 transactions in one day from KBC, the daily limit is 15k

yup sorry I meant to say a UK dealer. Got the hard part (quoting figures) right and the easy part (actually explaining what I wanted to do) wrong ��

still means I'll have to wait 2 days to get the money over to Revolut hmm... kind of annoying but I'll save enough :D thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Darrio

Revoult v An Post Currency Card ?

Hi all, just looking for a bit of help here. I will be in Canada for 2 weeks later in the year and I was going to get an An Post Currency Card to try avoid the fees that a normal credit card charge for currency exchange.

I was reading this thread and it looks like a Revoult Card may be better as you get better rates etc. Do people think this is my best option, I wont be using it for anything else other than on holidays or is it just not worth it.

Also, if I may ask, is there a government charge on the card like the traditional credit card.

I would appreciate any feed back, thanks in advance.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Darrio wrote: »
    Revoult v An Post Currency Card ?

Hi all, just looking for a bit of help here. I will be in Canada for 2 weeks later in the year and I was going to get an An Post Currency Card to try avoid the fees that a normal credit card charge for currency exchange.

I was reading this thread and it looks like a Revoult Card may be better as you get better rates etc. Do people think this is my best option, I wont be using it for anything else other than on holidays or is it just not worth it.

Also, if I may ask, is there a government charge on the card like the traditional credit card.

I would appreciate any feed back, thanks in advance.

The An Post card has a worse exchange rate so even though there are no fees it still isn't good value for money. The only government fee is a 12c for every ATM withdrawal you do in Ireland. This is the same on your normal debit card. Revolut has other fees (e.g. withdraw more than €200 from ATMs in a month) but these are easily avoided.

Revolut is definitely the way to go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Darrio

The An Post card has a worse exchange rate so even though there are no fees it still isn't good value for money. The only government fee is a 12c for every ATM withdrawal you do in Ireland. This is the same on your normal debit card. Revolut has other fees (e.g. withdraw more than €200 from ATMs in a month) but these are easily avoided.

Revolut is definitely the way to go.

Thank You. I will not be using it to withdraw from an ATM.

Is there a limit per day you can use it for, or if I had enough euro's in it to cover what I expect to spend in Canada that I can just use as normal.

Advertisement