Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I have a Wii U - General Discussion.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭ussjtrunks

@richymcdermott

What speed is your connection? Can't open it till my birthday as its a gift >.<

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

ussjtrunks wrote: »
    @richymcdermott

Not sure , i think its 8mb

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

ussjtrunks wrote: »
    @richymcdermott

If you're updating on your birthday it mightn't take as long as the servers may not be under as much stress as they are today.

Mine took an hour with a 7mb connection.

We should all exchange names when everyone sorted out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,534 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

guys, does blops 2 come on release with wii u?

any list of release games?

Assassin's Creed III
    Batman: Arkham City - Armored Edition
    Ben 10: Omniverse
    Call of Duty: Black Ops II
    Chasing Aurora
    Darksiders II
    Disney Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two
    Family Party: 30 Great Games Obstacle Arcade
    FIFA 13
    Funky Barn
    Game Party Champions
    Just Dance 4
    Little Inferno
    Mass Effect 3: Special Edition
    Nano Assault Neo
    New Super Mario Bros. U
    Nintendo Land
    Puddle
    Rabbids Land
    Skylanders Giants (Starter Pack)
    Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed (Special Edition)
    Sports Connection
    Tank! Tank! Tank!
    Tekken Tag Tournament 2: Wii U Edition
    Toki Tori 2
    Transformers Prime: The Game
    Trine 2: Director's Cut
    Warriors Orochi 3 Hyper
    Your Shape: Fitness Evolved 2013
    ZombiU

Source.

So i played nintendoland for about an hour in a half and unless people have a group of people to play with , its not worth keeping playing solo.

I dont have a gaming family , i have one sis who loves cod only and another who has no patience to play games unless its the sims or alice madness returns.

Gonna try to trade it in tomorrow and get something else instead

Sonic and sega all star racing and maybe black ops 2 though i hate shooters i need something just to keep me occupied till the end of xmas with an online system

• Closed Accounts Posts: 350 ✭✭wtlltw

After reading the mixed reviews of ZombiU I thought I would hate it.

I'm loving it!!!

wtlltw wrote: »
    After reading the mixed reviews of ZombiU I thought I would hate it.

I'm loving it!!!

Excellent, really looking forward to it. Have you died yet?

It's going to be a long 25 days, especially since I know exactly where it is but can't play it. Sigh...:(

But the building anticipation until I do get to play it will make it an even better moment :pac:.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Kinski

I dont have a gaming family , i have one sis who loves cod only

Pfft, women. :rolleyes:

"Nintendoland? I don't know, how much killing is involved?"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 350 ✭✭wtlltw

Deano7788 wrote: »

Excellent, really looking forward to it. Have you died yet?

It's going to be a long 25 days, especially since I know exactly where it is but can't play it. Sigh...:(

I died at the very beginning of the game. Lol

None of this ease you in gently stuff, a horde comes straight after you at speed and dragged me off the ladder. I was looking at the control pad thinking WTF

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,673 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

None of this ease you in gently stuff, a horde comes straight after you at speed and dragged me off the ladder. I was looking at the control pad thinking WTF

Ha, same here. I was also a bit unsure after the mixed reviews - in the end i only got this pack because of the pro controller (which i haven't even plugged in yet) - but it's brilliant so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

Anyone else have trouble connecting to a UPC router?

Just keeps failing on me. Can make it connect to the personal hotspot on my iPhone so the wifi isn't broken on the thing.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

DinoRex wrote: »
    Yep! Exact same issue here - can't connect to the UPC router at all. Keeps failing.
    What to do? Can't download the firmware update now unless I go via a phone, which is a bit daft.

DinoRex wrote: »

Just keeps failing on me. Can make it connect to the personal hotspot on my iPhone so the wifi isn't broken on the thing.

Check the other WiiU thread. Someone had a problem there but got it fixed.

Wonder what makes the UPC router stupid... thought it was standard WPA for the password.

I suppose I could uplink another router into it and see if that works.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,534 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Stuck watching the LLS toy show. I wish I had a Wii U. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭LauraW7746

ixoy wrote: »
    Yep! Exact same issue here - can't connect to the UPC router at all. Keeps failing.
    What to do? Can't download the firmware update now unless I go via a phone, which is a bit daft.
    Exact same thing happened to me check the other thread and put in the settings I entered should work then took me 4 hours to get it sorted!

Mr E wrote: »

If it's any consolation, I technically have one and am still stuck watching the toy show.

Just sorted out the UPC issue now. Thanks guys.

Holy sh*t! That is going to cause utter chaos on xmas morning for A LOT of people.

Same here lol I actually screamed - I know I'm such a girl! - I didn't die though haha. Not long into it.

Does it save automatically or do you have to go back to safe house every time you need to save?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭sparkthatbled

ZombiU is frackin hard! I have died several times already, decided to leave it be when i died twice in a row at the same bit... Also picked up NSMB which is decent...

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Deano7788 wrote: »
    Check the other WiiU thread. Someone had a problem there but got it fixed.
    This worked perfectly - thanks for the pointer!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,226 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Mr E wrote: »

Open invitation for you to come watch me play mine :D

Heads up for anyone waiting til Christmas check box for everything thats meant to be in it!!!

Ok so gamestop manager who I first thought was rude is a gent looked after me with zombi u!!! I love him now lol!!!

Guys I store reckon wii u was way too slack planning by Nintendo!! Apparently loads of amazon customers were left without nintendoland my problem was similar but the first complaint they had!!!

Add me HUGEBASHER

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Anybody know how to get sites like Rte and Facebook to come up in regular version instead of mobile version in the wii u browser?

Heads up for anyone waiting til Christmas check box for everything thats meant to be in it!!!

Ok so gamestop manager who I first thought was rude is a gent looked after me with zombi u!!! I love him now lol!!!

Guys I store reckon wii u was way too slack planning by Nintendo!! Apparently loads of amazon customers were left without nintendoland my problem was similar but the first complaint they had!!!

Add me HUGEBASHER

Nice one, glad that worked out.

There does seem to have been an awful lot of problems with this launch. Dont remember anything like this with the wii when it came out. Between the pricing, availability, system update, midnight launches etc. Hell, I still would've preffered a white one.

Delighted with it all the same. Except the single player games on nintendoland. They make wii play look good.

Is nintendoland worth the full price?? Wanna get it but just can't justify it lol

Is nintendoland worth the full price?? Wanna get it but just can't justify it lol

It's too early to say, i haven't tried any multiplayer yet. The zelda and metroid games are really very good, but the strictly solo games are pretty rubbish. Put it this way, right now, i believe i should have got nsmbu instead.

If you have people to play with then go for it but for a solo experience its not worth it , im trying to get rid of it already

When ya transfer your wii stuff to the wiiu you get the best downloading screen ever

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭bazzz

When ya transfer your wii stuff to the wiiu you get the best downloading screen ever

You mean this ;)
    Spoiler Alert : For those of you who want to experience it firsthand....

Since I am new to the whole wii thing, can anyone tell me how I can buy the old nes games etc? Will wii u have it's own dedicated shop for oldie games at some stage? I have tried to access the wii menu to see if theres an eshop on that but I don't have a wii remote so can't :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Early impressions so far:

Miiverse is great and more addictive than you might imagine.
    Gamepad latency is incredible.
    Internet Browser is great and has some great touches, like watching Youtube on the tv while at the same time browsing online on the gamepad.
    The Gamepad is a fantastic piece of kit, everything from just holding it, interaction with the tv and the quality of the screen just feels right. It has so much potential.
    Loading times when switching to different sections on the Wii Menu can take upto 10-12 seconds, so that might frustrate some.
    Having a social interaction thats not either Twitter or Facebook is actually quite refreshing.
    The batttery life may frustrate the hardcore gamers, especially when quest games like Zelda or Mario are out, as they can be hard to put down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

Quick question lads and lasses.

Is Nintendoland included in the Zombie U Console bundle?

moz wrote: »
    Quick question lads and lasses.

Is Nintendoland included in the Zombie U Console bundle?

Nope, the higher price is mostly for the pro controller.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Nope, the higher price is mostly for the pro controller.

Ta,
    Which begs the question, why would one need a Pro Controller?

moz wrote: »
    Ta,
    Which begs the question, why would one need a Pro Controller?

Bayonetta 2!!

Also it can be used for ZombiU multiplayer

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭sparkthatbled

Anyone figure out the "Me as a Zombie" thing? I took my zombie pics and pressed download but i can't figure out where it downloaded them to or how to retrieve them...

Anyone figure out the "Me as a Zombie" thing? I took my zombie pics and pressed download but i can't figure out where it downloaded them to or how to retrieve them...

Hmm. Not sure what to do about that, but i will say making myself into a zombie was way more fun than i though it would be!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

How's the battery life on the controller?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,507 ✭✭✭Nollog

How's the battery life on the controller?

Played trine 2 exclusively on it two nights ago for 4-5 hours and it was just flashing red at that stage.
    flashing red means very close to dead.
    So 4-5 hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Wont be long before a third party brings out a lovely (or not) battery pack/cover/case etc. How long does it take to charge from dead as a door nail by the way?

Has anyone game froze on them by any chance ?

i was playing sonic all star racing transformed and about 5 races my console just locks and froze , had to unplug the plug from the wall to get it working again.
    Thank god nothing was corrupted.

it seems i am not the only one though , i seen a thread on ign people games locking up on them playing nsmb and nintendoland aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 impalingnubs

i gave up on the nintendo wii long ago. don't think the Wii U will change things for me.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

bazzz wrote: »
    You mean this ;)
    Spoiler Alert : For those of you who want to experience it firsthand....

fracking superb! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Been playing Mario mostly so far. Tried a bit of COD BLOPS 2, as well. Mario has been excellent as usual.

The console has its issues, with the menus taking ages to load sometimes. Hopefully, some of this stuff is fixed in a future update.

Oh and my Nintendo id is weseire, same as my xbox one. Feel free to add me.

http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/44466/uk-charts-nintendo-land-is-the-best-selling-wii-u-game/

Nintendo Land is top selling WiiU game in the UK, getting to No. 11 in the charts. Mario was 2nd (14) and ZombiU (17) was 3rd. Kind of as expected, I suppose.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Opened it yesterday just to check that everything is there as it shoukld be for Christmas (Zombi U edition). Beautifully crafted controllers :)

Will pick up NSMBWU between now and Christmas :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I popped open the box on Friday just enough to lift the manual and see that the game was in the box. The itch to hook it up is almost unbearable!

It's like "The Telltale Heart"...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 237 ✭✭andre2010

Picked mine up on Friday morning in HMV at 8am. I didn’t pre book but they had 2 spare, I was very lucky.

Got Premium Pack
    NSMBWiiu
    Black Ops 2
    Nintendoland.

You can use away no bother without the firmware update. Just Wii U stuff. The main menu dramatically changes after the firmware update though.

I have noticed that loading back to the menu, or even loading the game ( just initially) takes about 10 seconds. A bit annoying.

The firmware update took me about 2 hours. But that could have been because everyone was doing it at the same time.

Mario is fantastic, as usual.
    Nintendoland is great fun with mates.
    Black ops blew me away on the gamepad, so crisp and colourful.

Ive used Netflix, it works flawlessly. Movies load instantaneously back and forth between the tv or the gamepad.

Battery lasts about 4-5 hours, and takes about 2 to fully charge from nothing, but the wire you get to charge is particularly long so playing while charging isn’t an issue either. Only gripe. Why does nintendo give you a lovely sexy black slick machine and gamepad, but stick you with a horrible grey matt finish AC Adaptor and HDMI cable? its really odd looking and cheap.

Youtube app sucks, cant figure it out and cant get the videos to play on the gamepad just the tv. The gamepad is used to select a video.

Ive had no issues with it at all. I live in an apartment, ground floor and have no issues playing in my bedroom on the gamepad and my wii u consoles is at the opposite end of my apartment. Not sure of the distance, but its not a small apartment by any means.

Any questions you have, give me a shout on it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement