Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone still waiting for stuff from China?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭gzoladz

Mine was accepted by "Last Mile Carrier" yesterday...is that An Post?

It does not have gone through customs yet, according to Ali Express.

10 days with the "Last Mile Carrier" and counting, how long do they normally hold the parcel?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,187 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

gzoladz wrote: »
    10 days with the "Last Mile Carrier" and counting, how long do they normally hold the parcel?

it is not unheard of for them to take that long after arrival. was the parcel sent directly to ireland or did it go through holland like a lot of them do these days? if the tracking number ends in NL then the last mile carrier is PostNL so it has to go through their system before it is sent to ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,790 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

ordered some small bits from Ali in January, supposedly dispatching from France. No sign of the parcel, or tracking info when the "guaranteed delivery" date rolled around last week so I applied for a refund which the seller didn't dispute and is now back on my card. I now see the tracking says the package is with Fastway (which I realise is probably still no better than 50/50 that it finds it's way to me :pac:)

it is not unheard of for them to take that long after arrival. was the parcel sent directly to ireland or did it go through holland like a lot of them do these days? if the tracking number ends in NL then the last mile carrier is PostNL so it has to go through their system before it is sent to ireland.

Thanks! It does ends in NL, but the tracking system says it was in Belgium and it arrived to Ireland 10 days ago.

First time I order anything from them so not too clear on how they operate.

As long as it is not Fastway...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 SouthNorth

Just wanted to share some experiences with deliveries from China.

1. Tomtop - 4 orders in January. 1 of which arrived in 14 days, other 3 were between 20 & 24 days. Mix of DHL eCommerce and Yun Express (Fastway are their last mile in IE)

2. Aliexpress - Order placed Feb 27th and arrived in post March 10th which I thought was amazingly fast. Although it would appear item avoided going via land out of mainland Europe ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭ImARebel

I find things are whizzing through since Brexit. 3 week wait at the most. It's great. Although I have noticed shipping costs have increased so maybe that has something to do with it?!

Either way I'm happy

So another update from myself.

Order shipped 2nd March from Aliexpress store. Arrived in Ireland Tuesday evening, delivered today.

Not bad at all I must say as it was coming from China as opposed to Czech warehouse I had originally ordered from but I guess it coulda been a similar length of time!

Another 6 items on the way in various stages of transit making good progress.

Mine must be stuck....with "last mile carrier" for nearly 3 weeks now, no updates. I have to wait until May to raise a dispute....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭koutoubia

Stuck in PostNL for 8 days.
    Hw long can I expect to wait?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭septictank

Got one from Ali on Monday 15th, ordered on 13th Feb, so back to a month for a "Normal product".

Think sometimes when you have ordered some mad tool, piece of kit that drills a hole and boils the kettle, can take longer than a pair of headphones.

koutoubia wrote: »

I had one similar, line haul arrival 5th March in Liege and only got taken by NL Monday. Bit of a lottery as had another pass to NL in under a week.

After 3 weeks mine has now moved to my "local distribution centre*...I suppose that means it needs to get sorted and then delivered.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭koutoubia

koutoubia wrote: »

Arrived this morning!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

Won’t be anything coming through suez cancel for a few days.

Mine arrived today...about 5 weeks in total, 1 week due to chinese new year and 3 weeks stuck in "last mile carrier". Product is fine so happy enough for a first experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

Ship is stuck in Suez canal causing a big backlog ...

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭jimmyjim11

Liege-Linehaul Arrival on the 10 march no update since :( usualy on take 5 days to get through Netherlands

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

Never mind waiting for stuff from China. Received a package today, that I ordered on 4th Jan.....from England! I've ordered stuff from China (Wish, eBay, AliExpress etc) in Feb that has arrived quicker.

I dunno what's happened but deliveries from China do seem to be arriving faster than before.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

I've been receiving stuff from AliExpress everyday this week. All were routed through Liege

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,528 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

2 packages arrived last monday. Both via Liege, 20 and 31 days, respectively.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭wpisdu

I'm patient but it's getting ridiculous now ...

3AJOsn5.png

• Registered Users Posts: 25 jjoncik

As I know is long ques in customs, but only with An Post, I get deliveries with FEDEX, DHL, UPS. Some come in 3 days from China.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,187 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

jjoncik wrote: »
    As I know is long ques in customs, but only with An Post, I get deliveries with FEDEX, DHL, UPS. Some come in 3 days from China.

and you pay a lot more that service.

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭septictank

Just heard the ship that got stuck in the suez has not traveled on, instead is still there being inspected and now in an insurance case so will not be going anywhere.

If your order is in one of the 10-20,000 containers, you'll be waiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,166 ✭✭✭✭ED E

septictank wrote: »
    Just heard the ship that got stuck in the suez has not traveled on, instead is still there being inspected and now in an insurance case so will not be going anywhere.

If your order is in one of the 10-20,000 containers, you'll be waiting.

Except practically none of this is going via ship.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,612 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Aliexpress
    Ordered 01/04
    Shipped 12/04
    PostNL 13/04
    Ireland 20/04
    Delivered 21/04

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭newincity

dx.com
    placed order on 1st April
    Dispatched 1st April
    Still waiting for delivery. Don't know how to check the status. They have shared the tracking number but unable to track it.

anyone experience with dx.com?

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭u2me

No experience of dx.com but aliexpress timelines should be similar I'd say

I Ordered 27/3
    Shipped 02/04
    PostNL 06/04
    Ireland 14/04
    Delivered 22/04

Only a small order of some window stickers so a larger parcel may take longer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭wpisdu

geI5U9Y.png

:D:D:D

Advertisement