Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone still waiting for stuff from China?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭corsav6

So 1 package sent with China post registered air mail has been sent back to sender before even leaving the Beijing.

29-01 Handed over to airline

08-02 Returned to sender

I have no idea why. It's a kids jumper so not restricted or anything. I'll contact seller on AliExpress and see why.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

I've had the same as above happen a few times recently and no idea why, sellers have been a pain on Ali though and made me wait until purchase protection ran out to apply for a refund

5500 wrote: »
    I've had the same as above happen a few times recently and no idea why, sellers have been a pain on Ali though and made me wait until purchase protection ran out to apply for a refund

Protection period is 75 days so I'll prepare for a long wait. The jumper is available from other sellers too so I suppose avoid that seller if they get awkward.
    Thanks for the info.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,245 ✭✭✭corkie

corsav6 wrote: »
    So 1 package sent with China post registered air mail has been sent back to sender before even leaving the Beijing.

08-02 Returned to sender

I have no idea why. It's a kids jumper so not restricted or anything. I'll contact seller on AliExpress and see why.
    corkie wrote: »
    Chinese New Year at present!

Friday, 12 February
    Chinese New Year 2021

China basically shuts down for the 2/3 weeks(or for the month) around this time of year.

No point ordering anything from China this month.

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ EU Digital ID ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

corkie wrote: »
    No point ordering anything from China this month.

I ordered them last week to avoid this scenario, but didn't take into account the postal service.
    Interestingly the AliExpress standard shipping items have all left China with 2 in Liege, Belgium. The 2 China post and the E-Packet items are still in China with the obvious 1 sent back. All orders sent with China post last year were the first to arrive with 1 within 2 weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Craig_David

08-02 Returned to sender

I have a package returned to Sender aswell.
    Did you figure out how to contact Aliexpress regarding this?
    I can only locate the automatic help section and there isn't an option for this type of issue. thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 40,275 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I can only locate the automatic help section and there isn't an option for this type of issue. thanks

just open a dispute and ask for a refund.

Same, looks like we'll have to wait until we can open a dispute.
    just open a dispute and ask for a refund.

Option not available yet, but it's fairly low value so no panic.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,772 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Liège, Belgium’s third largest city, has been transformed into a launchpad for the Chinese Alibaba group’s push into the European marketplace.
    Alibaba has also established in partnership with the company ZIH a rail link between Liege and Zhengzhou in central China, nearly 9,000km apart.
    Alibaba’s European hub handles more than 80% of parcels purchased through its international online platform AliExpress

Liège is the frontline of a push into Europe that seeks to challenge Amazon and provide a whole new array of services not offered by Alibaba’s US rival.
    https://www.theguardian.com/business/2021/feb/14/open-sesame-alibabas-push-into-europe-a-mixed-blessing-for-liege

• Registered Users Posts: 6,027 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

When the new custom charges come in July for goods from China under €22, will that apply to all of the EU or is it just ireland?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

All the EU

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭AVFC.Stephen

This is what I have. I'm assuming it's in belgium so?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,275 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

This is what I have. I'm assuming it's in belgium so?

as you have redacted the entire tracking number it is impossible to tell. are the last two letters BE? if they are then it is in belgium.

as you have redacted the entire tracking number it is impossible to tell. are the last two letters BE? if they are then it is in belgium.

Nah it's just a code. First 2 are letters which is YT... rest is all numbers.

Tracking just updated and says its cleared customs... but doesnt say which country or what's going on. Is this track 17 app just guessing?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,495 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Is there some new import tax or rules coming in July that's going to impact buying from AliExpress? Saw somebody mention something in the Amazon brexit thread

Is there some new import tax or rules coming in July that's going to impact buying from AliExpress? Saw somebody mention something in the Amazon brexit thread

Yep, everything coming in will be subject to customs charges. Currently anything under €22 is free from charges and they rarely charge for anything under €30.
    It'll be interesting to see will they open each individual package as that would be time consuming and costly.

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭andrewfaulk

Yep, everything coming in will be subject to customs charges. Currently anything under €22 is free from charges and they rarely charge for anything under €30.
    It'll be interesting to see will they open each individual package as that would be time consuming and costly.

You do realise customs don’t actually open every package to assess values?

The customs clearance process is done electronically based on values provided by the shipper

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭buttercups88

Anyone know what the deal is with this? Seems to be going around Beijing in circles

Number:
    Package status: In transit
    Destination:
    Origin:
    2021-02-16 15:07, Beijing, leave the Beijing International Mail Processing Center, the next stop of the Beijing Post E-Commerce Bureau (transfer)
    2021-02-15 16:45, Beijing, Beijing International Mail Exchange Station returned
    2021-02-14 21:11, Beijing, has been transported by carriers
    2021-02-14 21:09, Beijing, has been transported by carriers
    2021-02-14 12:44, Beijing, Beijing International Mail Processing Center has been exported straight
    2021-02-14 11:51, Beijing, Beijing International Mail Processing Center, Note: Security return
    2021-02-13 01:39, Beijing, Beijing International Mail Exchange Station returned
    2021-02-12 02:21, Beijing, has been transported by carriers
    2021-02-12 02:20, Beijing, has been transported by carriers
    2021-02-11 10:31, Beijing, Beijing International Mail Processing Center has been exported straight
    2021-02-11 10:02, Beijing, Beijing International Mail Processing Center, Note: Security return
    2021-02-10 13:01, Beijing, Beijing International Mail Exchange Station returned
    2021-02-10 05:09, Beijing, has been transported by carriers
    2021-02-10 05:09, Beijing, has been transported by carriers
    2021-02-09 15:30, Beijing, Beijing International Mail Processing Center has been exported straight
    2021-02-09 15:29, Beijing, Beijing International Mail Processing Center, Note: Security return
    2021-02-08 17:28, Beijing, Beijing International Mail Exchange Station returned
    2021-02-08 06:06, Beijing, has been transported by carriers
    2021-02-07 14:25, Beijing, Beijing International Mail Processing Center has been exported straight
    2021-02-05 14:18, Beijing, arrive at Beijing International Mail Transfer Department (transit)
    2021-01-29 19:39, Fuzhou City, leave the International Mail Exchange Bureau, the next stop "Fuzhou Processing Center"
    2021-01-29 08:45, Fuzhou City, Arriving at the International Mail Exchange Bureau
    2021-01-28 17:39, Fuzhou City, leave the Fuzhou International Small Package Processing Center, the next stop Fuzhou International
    2021-01-28 17:13, Fuzhou City, Fuzhou International Small Package Processing Center has been received and sent, the recruiter: Ganyu
    ======================================