Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Golf Tips Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

first one this week is recent winner Kevin Stadler @66/1,decent course form,accuracy improved a lot and he loves to fade the driver which is what you need @Riviera

i havent quite looked in enough detail yet but he is one i shortlisted last night

• Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭bobwilliams

SnowDrifts wrote: »
    He's 80/1 on a few bookies if ya haven't already bet.
    sound,no just checked pp so i havn't done it yet ta

redzerdrog wrote: »
    i havent quite looked in enough detail yet but he is one i shortlisted last night

it looks almost too obvious but De Laet has to be close this week imo,backed him good few times so far so will have to do him,price will decrease defo

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭Kirk Van Houten

This week am going with

Kevin Na 66/1
    Kevin Stadler 66/1
    Bill Haas 28/1
    Hunter Mahan 22/1

Might add one or two more closer to the time.

it looks almost too obvious but De Laet has to be close this week imo,backed him good few times so far so will have to do him,price will decrease defo

Am a big fan of his and followed him closely for a few years regularly backing him at triple figures but I think he is too short and cant take 20s on someone who has never won on tour considering this is a fairly strong field
    This week am going with

Kevin Na 66/1
    Kevin Stadler 66/1
    Bill Haas 28/1
    Hunter Mahan 22/1

Might add one or two more closer to the time.

Great minds think alike or is it fools seldom differ ;)

same 3 of 4 picks!

• Advertisement

Am a big fan of his and followed him closely for a few years regularly backing him at triple figures but I think he is too short and cant take 20s on someone who has never won on tour considering this is a fairly strong field

Great minds think alike or is it fools seldom differ ;)

same 3 of 4 picks!

who am i missing? :D

This weeks bets and really looking forward to this weeks tournament at Riveira with a strong field on show.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=88938294&postcount=250

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭bradlente

Baddley might be worth sticking with next week if you get a nice early price,i expect him to be popular at a price

Gone form him at 150\1,Fairly reasonable could go well.

On the Stadler bandwagon @80\1 and going for Haas too@30s.Added Alistair Forsythe in the African 110/1

Edit-Just seen you've Forsythe too redzer,I'm doing something right anyway :-P

This weeks bets and really looking forward to this weeks tournament at Riveira with a strong field on show.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=88938294&postcount=250

i picked out Streelman a few pages ago for this week,i thought i would have been the only one backing him

i picked out Streelman a few pages ago for this week,i thought i would have been the only one backing him

have you backed him yet? taking 170s on betfair or going each way?

• Advertisement

bradlente wrote: »
    Gone form him at 150\1,Fairly reasonable could go well.

On the Stadler bandwagon @80\1 and going for Haas too@30s.Added Alistair Forsythe in the African 110/1

Edit-Just seen you've Forsythe too redzer,I'm doing something right anyway :-P

Was thinking about Dresses at 150's but couldn't pull the trigger. Will probably win it now.

have you backed him yet? taking 170s on betfair or going each way?
    best i saw local today was 125/1,i'll do him in the morning,i don't back online

Was thinking about Dresses at 150's but couldn't pull the trigger. Will probably win it now.

Dresses??who...i think James Morrison might be worth backing @50/1

Dresses??who...i think James Morrison might be worth backing @50/1

Baddeley as in Dresses Baddeley. Was a David Feherty quip I think.

Baddeley as in Dresses Baddeley. Was a David Feherty quip I think.

I want to punch him in the face but tbh he does come out with a few beauts from time to time,in fairness to him he's made some career for himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭bradlente

Have to go for a bit of Na @70s,Looked up his course form to see what the fuss is about and it's fairly solid can't argue there.

Was thinking of going for Byrd @350 has done well here a couple of times but missed the cut other times.He's only missed the cut once in his last 6 but has been in the 50/60 positions fairly consistently.Just going small on first round leader @200 instead hard to see him keep a challenge up over four days.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,044 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

bradlente wrote: »
    Have to go for a bit of Na @70s,Looked up his course form to see what the fuss is about and it's fairly solid can't argue there.

Was thinking of going for Byrd @350 has done well here a couple of times but missed the cut other times.He's only missed the cut once in his last 6 but has been in the 50/60 positions fairly consistently.Just going small on first round leader @200 instead hard to see him keep a challenge up over four days.

Got on Na myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭ledgebag1

Backed Na and Perez myself, could do with a result �� hopefully the weather holds up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Fiery mutant

This weeks picks:

Keegan Bradley
    Bill Haas
    Kevin Na (think everyone is going with this guy)
    Graham DeLaet
    ThorBjorn Olesen
    Bryce Molder

Lost by a shot each of the last 3 weeks, hoping to finally strike one this week.

We should defend our way of life to an extent that any attempt on it is crushed, so that any adversary will never make such an attempt in the future.

Stadler e/w 66/1
    Streelman 125/1 e/w
    English win only 33/1 and first round leader @40/1

In SA
    James Morrison @50/1 e/w

• Advertisement

Na has no chance now we are all him he is a cert to miss the cut :pac: I make it 6 out the 8 people to post selections on this thread have him backed, I wonder is he tipped up in many places

On another note this thread seem a lot more active this year compared to last, is more people trying their hand at golf betting now or is it more like people that were always golf betting have stumbled upon the thread, either way it great to see the thread so active. Would be great if we all had Na in contention come Sunday.

Anyway don't mind me I am just rambling here to take my mind off a college assignment I was working on:(

Na has no chance now we are all him he is a cert to miss the cut :pac: I make it 6 out the 8 people to post selections on this thread have him backed, I wonder is he tipped up in many places

On another note this thread seem a lot more active this year compared to last, is more people trying their hand at golf betting now or is it more like people that were always golf betting have stumbled upon the thread, either way it great to see the thread so active. Would be great if we all had Na in contention come Sunday.

Anyway don't mind me I am just rambling here to take my mind off a college assignment I was working on:(

Funny enough the 3-4 tipsters I like to read dont have him backed at all. Little surprised he isnt. But that is good as his price should stay least till Racing Post Pick him:pac:

what's she like???:D:D

Funny enough the 3-4 tipsters I like to read dont have him backed at all. Little surprised he isnt. But that is good as his price should stay least till Racing Post Pick him:pac:
    do you have the RP picks by any chance?hoping none of my boys are there,all the tipsters ignored English this week but looking at the stats he's hard to ignore abeit no real course form to go by.
    Either way ,the way he's playing he shouldn't be far off.

do you have the RP picks by any chance?hoping none of my boys are there,all the tipsters ignored English this week but looking at the stats he's hard to ignore abeit no real course form to go by.
    Either way ,the way he's playing he shouldn't be far off.

No Sorry.

It would not be out till I think 12 tonight anyway as far as I know.

No Sorry.

sorry I was thinking a day ahead there

No Sorry.

I actually think the racing post is available from 8pm on the ipad, saying that it is still feck all use to us unless someone here subscribes to it which I doubt

what's she like???:D:D

Painfull :o

Right pretty much done. Will do another selection tomorrow just bit undecided on 3-4 players

Bill Haas 28/1 ew
    Ryan Moore 33/1 ew
    Will Mackenzie 150 win and place
    John Senden 310 win and place

Senden had super run here 3 years ago. His best finish since has been T21. He has had couple of top 5 also from last 5 starts. Just think he is a good outsider and can lay him if of course he manages to do ok here for weekend.

• Advertisement

I actually think the racing post is available from 8pm on the ipad, saying that it is still feck all use to us unless someone here subscribes to it which I doubt

I know the lads here on betfair forum put up his tips and they are done by the Wednesday morning too. Just click on Golf and s palmer picks

http://community.betfair.com/go/forum/popupExtra?output_method=iframe

Advertisement