Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Booze deals [Megathread]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,759 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

They are trying to hold on to the 'premium' tag. I reckon they are very worried now since the likes of Stonewell came on the scene.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭livEwirE

Any chance we'll see Coors 24x 500ml cans for €24 before Christmas?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,496 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Smirnoff Vodka 1 litre €20 in Dunnes Stores

Sorry it is €21

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,416 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

livEwirE wrote: »

Give it until Monday, if there's none then it's unlikely to be any. In previous years they would usually match the price of Bud so €24 is possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭madma

wondering the same the best ive seen it all year is 24 for 28 and its currently that in centra. Coors has gotten really popular the last while so wouldnt be surprised if i dont see it cheaper. got my guiness 24 for 24 so probably will grab the coors at 28

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 630 ✭✭✭bagels

Looking for John Smiths ale in Galway, the extra smooth variety in the green can. Would be grateful for information about stockists and price. Thanks folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭mac.in

vicwatson wrote: »
    Smirnoff vodka 1 litre is 25€ in Tesco. if anyone has a 10 off 50 Aldi or Lidl voucher and you buy 2 it means means 1litre works out at 20€ !!

Smirnoff was being sold at €15/70cl at Aldi. In case the prices are same, If one purchases 3 bottles for €45 and some other things for €5, in Aldi, with the discount voucher (€10 off on €50 purchase), it would be 2.1 litre Smirnoff and €5 extra stuff for €40.

Also I heard Tesco selling Smirnoff Vodka 1ltr for €23 just 2 days back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,873 ✭✭✭RayCon

Anyone know why Bulmers is so much more expensive than other drinks ................................

Not really complaining as it's worth the extra few quid.

You answered your own question. The answer is you .... and people who think like you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

I saw it on offer today in Lidl, but it was in passing, as was looking for something else, sorry.

Also mentioned in another thread, Baileys 70cl is €10 in Supervalu, €12 in Lidl :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,416 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

With the Aldi and Lidl tokens I feel so much guilt I should be wearing a balaclava at the till, long live the recession.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

I don't know if any/many of you drink Baileys- but Tesco have cut the price to 12 Euro a 70cl bottle (until Wednesday of next week). Its on the 'Staying down prices poster'- but if you look at the small print on the bottom- the price ends on the 23-12-14....... Bit cheeky calling it a 'staying down price' imho.......

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭eqwjewoiujqorj

€6.99 from Aldi, everyday price and much cheaper than Baileys.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/food/article-2868370/Aldi-s-4-Irish-Cream-Liqueur-wins-Master-Medal-Spirits-Business-Liqueur-Masters-2014-awards.html
    A budget £4.29 Irish Cream Liqueur from Aldi has scooped the top award at an internationally renowned drinks competition, alongside products more than triple its price
    Ballycastle Irish Cream was described by judges as 'everything you'd expect from a cream liqueur – thick, creamy and luscious'.

Crowned a 'Master' spirit, the budget brand's Irish Cream Liqueur went head to head with premium drinks brands at the prestigious Spirits Business Liqueur Masters 2014 awards.

'The classic Irish cream had a good balance of flavour and richness with no cloying mouthfeel, which can often be very typical of this category,' judge Pritesh Mody said.

It placed alongside £17.95 bottle of Mozart Distillerie White Chocolate Cream - which was also given the coveted Master medal.

Made from a blend of fresh Ballyrashane dairy cream and the triple distilled Irish whiskey, the drink was just one of Aldi's spirits to clean up.

The awards are organised by The Spirits Business Magazine.
    26XEQ7M.jpg

0hNQPM0.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 746 ✭✭✭gypsylee

€6.99 from Aldi, everyday price and much cheaper than Baileys.

Love the Aldi one. Great value.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭barneyrub

Anyone know what offers/prices for bottle beer in Lidl. Don't shop there but dad has a voucher and he might use it to stock up on some drink. He usually drinks miller

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

barneyrub wrote: »
    Anyone know what offers/prices for bottle beer in Lidl. Don't shop there but dad has a voucher and he might use it to stock up on some drink. He usually drinks miller

Fransicaner is currently 5 euro for 4 bottles. Fantastic weisbeir in the same vein as Erdinger only far better.

Depends what he's into obviously but this is by far and away the best deal on beer currently in lidl.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭fmul9798

I don't suppose someone might be able to help in telling me where the best place is to get a 70cl or 1l bottle of Smirnoff vodka at the moment?
    The prices seem to have varied in a few places, with some having put the price back up since the prices were originally posted here.

Thanks,
    -fm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Irishchick

fmul9798 wrote: »
    I don't suppose someone might be able to help in telling me where the best place is to get a 70cl or 1l bottle of Smirnoff vodka at the moment?
    The prices seem to have varied in a few places, with some having put the price back up since the prices were originally posted here.

Thanks,
    -fm

19 in centra at the min

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

barneyrub wrote: »

You can use it in Tesco too but you probably knew this ! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

fmul9798 wrote: »

Thanks,
    -fm
    Irishchick wrote: »
    19 in centra at the min

€ 25 for 1 Litre Tesco

€ 15 for 70 cl in ALDI !!

https://www.aldi.ie/en/product-range/drinks/spirits/spirits-product-detail/ps/p/smirnoff-70cl/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,576 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Any deals on Jack Daniels?

• Advertisement

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Any deals on Jack Daniels?

€26 in Supervalu
    €26.99 in O'Briens
    €27 in Tesco.

Have you tried Marshalls in Aldi @ €16?

Just as good if you're using mixers.

QIvsX1V.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 199 ✭✭SarB89

Anyone know where I could get that Mozart cream drink? The one quoted above in the awards.. please:)

Mozart Chocolate

€22.99 @ drinkstore.ie
    In Stoneybatter, Dublin 7
    Google Streetview

Can't see anything in Ireland for the white chocolate cream but loads in uk
    The whiskyexchange.com £13.75 + £15.00 to Ireland

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 199 ✭✭SarB89

Wow fast response, thanks so much :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭darrenking

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Sorry it is €21

Was this a 1 day only offer or is it still available?

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭EnmxLP

21 Euro for a Litre of smirnoff in dunnes.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭badker

where is doing the best deal on slabs of heinekein?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

badker wrote: »
    where is doing the best deal on slabs of heinekein?

Dunnes @ €27.50 is the cheapest iirc

Bottles are €18 also for 20, both untill christmas eve in Dunnes and supervalu. Cans are €28 in supervalu.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 267 ✭✭93Cab

Just back from Tescos. They're doing Villa Maria and Oyster Bay Sauvignon Blanc, normally €14 a bottle, 6 for €50! Lots of other wines 6 for €40.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Livefornow

Eurospar Ballymun today have Slabs of Budweiser for €22 and Bushmills Irish Whiskey 70cl at €18

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Buddy97mm

Tesco in shop today, litre bottle of Cork Dry Gin €20, same price as 70cl bottle

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Cormo87

Anyone know if Lidl are still doing those 12 pack of cans of bud, Heineken and Guinness for €12

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 158 ✭✭tennis12

Cormo87 wrote: »
    Anyone know if Lidl are still doing those 12 pack of cans of bud, Heineken and Guinness for €12

They certainly are
    Picked up 2 Heineken

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

Lidl doing 20 bottles of Carlsberg for 13.99

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭GY A1

tennis12 wrote: »
    They certainly are
    Picked up 2 Heineken

are they still on offer, missed that :eek:

GY A1 wrote: »
    are they still on offer, missed that :eek:

Yep was there 15 mins ago, though its 16.99 for 12, only 12e if you buy 2 packs of 12

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭djmarkus

Anyone know where bottles of whisky are cheapest?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

djmarkus wrote: »

Jameson @ 20 a bottle in Tesco via an Aldi voucher (aka you either spend 50 or 100 and get 10 or 20 off the total). The SEL for them is 25 a 70cl bottle.

Aldi doing bushmills for 20e

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭Murt10

jon1981 wrote: »
    Aldi doing bushmills for 20e

You were overcharged. I just bought a bottle of Red Bush in Aldi Mulhuddart for E18.

If you really want to save money buy the Sunday World (E2.45) which today has a E20 voucher off a E100 Aldi shop and a E10 Lidl voucher off a E50 shop.

You can use either voucher in Tescos if you want either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65 ✭✭kaz_corcoran

Anyone deduced the best multi buy on wine?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

Anyone deduced the best multi buy on wine?

Of what i've seen is that in Supervalu buy 6 for €32 & save €10 &
    Tesco are doing something similar upto €40 afaik.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭Mervyn Skidmore

colcatscar wrote: »
    Don't laugh guys, but any deals / recommendations on alcohol free wines or beers. I kind of got volunteered to be on standby driving duty for Christmas Eve & Christmas Day and don't fancy sipping minerals or tae all day.
    I was in Dunnes there earlier stocking up on the craft beers when I saw cans of Gerstel Non Alcoholic beer for 50c. I got one out of curiosity and it's a great deal for the price when you consider the silly prices other alcohol free beers are going for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 837 ✭✭✭omicron

djmarkus wrote: »

Jameson is €18 in Eurospar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭GY A1

I was in Dunnes there earlier stocking up on the craft beers when I saw cans of Gerstel Non Alcoholic beer for 50c. I got one out of curiosity and it's a great deal for the price when you consider the silly prices other alcohol free beers are going for.

ya tried 1 if them gerstel last week and was alright for 50c

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,708 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

24 500ml cans of Guinness in Tesco €24

Added some other shopping to that and used my €10 Aldi voucher

Split my shop into 2 :cool:, so i could use my €8 Supervalu voucher for this:

6 bottles of a selection of decent wines for €40. Wolf Blass, Vina Sol, etc. Then you get another 5% off for buying 5, so just over €6 per bottle (before the discount voucher :D)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

Looking for a small gift pack of craft beers for a prezzie, noticed one the other day on some site but can't recall where- any suggestions appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭cathalj

damian139 wrote:
    Looking for a small gift pack of craft beers for a prezzie, noticed one the other day on some site but can't recall where- any suggestions appreciated

Handiest thing to do is get a basket (Aldi were selling good sized ones last week - not too big or small).... and make one up yourself. You could ask for advice in O'Briens or the like if you're not sure which ones to go for. Tailor it exactly to your liking , size/pricewise etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 The Predator

omicron wrote: »
    Jameson is €18 in Eurospar.

Is that in normal spar also?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,446 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

Is that in normal spar also?

probably not, Spar and Eurospar are totally different.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement