Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

12-06-2019, 09:40   #46

Don't know what has happened to people, can they not just vent an opinion over a pint, or quietly not eat meat, or whatever the feck. Saw this video this morning. Google tells me this branding style of protest has been going on for years, all over the place. I've no idea what would drive people to such extreme bizarre behaviour, and I'm vegetarian for decades. Why are people so all out freaking weird now?

https://twitter.com/EdgeCGroup/statu...32878588354560
Thanks from:
Advertisement
12-06-2019, 09:41   #47
Sonny noggs
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neon_Lights View Post
Can't spell opinion without onion
Can’t spell perturbed without turd.
12-06-2019, 09:43   #48
ILoveYourVibes

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Brian View Post
Yea, a group that kills 80% of the animals that make it to their “shelters”

The reason they don't is because its a purely for profit making company.

https://www.petakillsanimals.com/

People who care about animals like being around them. Farmers vets etc activists largely do not like the reality of being around animals or are clueless.

Peta wanted Animal Crackers to be re-named.

They constantly use racial profiling for instance they always claim horses owned by people from certain countries are abused without knowing anything and then have to admit they were wrong.

Look at these salaries.

Quote:
PETA Salaries
Job TitleSalaryMedia Coordinator salaries - 3 salaries reported$41,339/yrCommunications salaries - 3 salaries reported$38,696/yrCruelty Investigations salaries - 2 salaries reported$34,570/yrVeterinary Technician salaries - 2 salaries reported$29,836/yr
For people who love animals they employ very few vets.

Quote:
PETA holds absolutely no open-adoption shelter hours at its Norfolk, VA headquarters, choosing instead to spend part of its $32 million annual income on a contract with a crematory service to periodically empty hundreds of animal bodies from its large walk-in freezer.
12-06-2019, 09:45   #49
pconn062

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Brian View Post
Yea, a group that kills 80% of the animals that make it to their “shelters”
Just seeing if you hold everyone to the same standard. We are often told how much farmers care for their animals, especially in Ireland (coming from rural ireland, I largely believe it). So where are the farmers protesting at halting sites? Or puppy farms? Or do they only care about the animals they can make money off? Or is it only the dreaded vegans that are held to such high standards?

I'm not a vegan but some of the nonsense that gets spouted here about vegans and extremists is crazy.
12-06-2019, 09:50   #50
joe40

I'm not a vegan at all, but for vegans this is not simply a matter of opinion, for them it is a moral issue that they feel obliged to protest about.
To use an analogy imagine you were protesting slavery in 19th century America would the argument "well if you don't want slaves fair enough but let the rest of us keep our slaves and mind your own business" hold sway over you.
I'm not saying eating meat is the same as slavery it is just that for vegans they find eating meat morally wrong and feel compelled to do something.

I don't agree with their opinion but I accept that they feel strongly about the issue, and it is more than just a difference of opinion.
If a vegan chooses to think I'm morally wrong to eat meat so be it, it won't put me off my steak.
Advertisement
12-06-2019, 09:52   #51
ILoveYourVibes

Quote:
Originally Posted by pconn062 View Post
Just seeing if you hold everyone to the same standard. We are often told how much farmers care for their animals, especially in Ireland (coming from rural ireland, I largely believe it). So where are the farmers protesting at halting sites? Or puppy farms? Or do they only care about the animals they can make money off? Or is it only the dreaded vegans that are held to such high standards?

I'm not a vegan but some of the nonsense that gets spouted here about vegans and extremists is crazy.

A lot of farmers rehome animals from shelters. Esp horses. They also give advice.

Bear in mind they work long hours.
12-06-2019, 09:57   #52
fryup

new age hippies
12-06-2019, 09:59   #53
Berties_Horse

What about them? Each to their own. Don't sweat the insignificant stuff.
(2) thanks from:
12-06-2019, 10:01   #54
pconn062

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILoveYourVibes View Post
A lot of farmers rehome animals from shelters. Esp horses. They also give advice.

Bear in mind they work long hours.
I'm sure they do, as I'm sure a lot of vegans do too. I have no issues with farmers, I worked on farms as a young fellow. Just pointing out how silly these generalisations are and how one group is held to higher standards than others.
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
12-06-2019, 10:04   #55
gozunda

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe40 View Post
I'm not a vegan at all, but for vegans this is not simply a matter of opinion, for them it is a moral issue that they feel obliged to protest about.To use an analogy imagine you were protesting slavery in 19th century America would the argument "well if you don't want slaves fair enough but let the rest of us keep our slaves and mind your own business" hold sway over you.I'm not saying eating meat is the same as slavery it is just that for vegans they find eating meat morally wrong and feel compelled to do something.I don't agree with their opinion but I accept that they feel strongly about the issue, and it is more than just a difference of opinion.If a vegan chooses to think I'm morally wrong to eat meat so be it, it won't put me off my steak.
I see what you are saying but would you fek with the morality bs. We can all have our moral leanings - doesnt mean we have to go and wave it around like a trophy. Or turn up in masks and intimidate people buying meat in a butcher's like a small bunch of extremist plant nutters did in Waterford.

And that stupid plant advocate extremist 'slavery thou' analogy argument thats used all the time. It's the usual plant advocates screamer stuff right there. Not only is it insulting to the real victims of slavery - it's more of the same rubbish tbh and a complete and utter non sequitur scutter.

Last edited by gozunda; 12-06-2019 at 13:56.
12-06-2019, 10:07   #56
ILoveYourVibes

Quote:
Originally Posted by pconn062 View Post
I'm sure they do, as I'm sure a lot of vegans do too. I have no issues with farmers, I worked on farms as a young fellow. Just pointing out how silly these generalisations are and how one group is held to higher standards than others.
I am not getting at you or individuals in a generalizing way. I think the issue is you are held to your own standards.

I don't think peta saves animals. Nor do i think that is what they are for.
Thanks from:
12-06-2019, 10:15   #57
joe40

Quote:
Originally Posted by gozunda View Post
I see what you are saying but would you fek with the morality bs. We can all have our moral leanings - doesnt mean we have to go around and wave it around like a trophy. And that stupid plant advocate extremist 'slavery thou' analogy argument. That's the usual plant advocates screamer stuff right there. Not only is it insulting to the real victims of slavery - it's more of the same rubbish tbh and a complete and utter non sequitur scutter.
You seem very angry about this. I have said I'm not a vegan, I'm not promoting veganism I'm just saying I understand why they feel compelled to express their opinion. My analogy as regards protesting slavery is sound.
If you think something is morally wrong it is understandable that you might feel compelled to express that opinion.
(2) thanks from:
12-06-2019, 10:20   #58
silverharp

The vast majority of Vegans are female , I can see one reason for some “lads” to adopt the lifestyle......
12-06-2019, 10:23   #59
Deebles McBeebles

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverharp View Post
The vast majority of Vegans are female , I can see one reason for some “lads” to adopt the lifestyle......
Ridiculous post of the week and its only Wednesday, fair play.
12-06-2019, 10:53   #60

I wouldnt be vegan....but it is the way of the future imo

When you see the arguements for it...they are mostly correct and lads thinking this is a fad or whatever are deluded,its here to stay and is most ethical and sustainable diet in long tern

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion